Georgia Senate blocks mega tax cuts for Delta in response to Delta punishing law abiding NRA

The Georgia republican legislature is as crooked as they come,

DRAIN THE SWAMP!!!!

These corrupt Fascist Repubs need to be voted out!!! Or sent to prison for their dirty quid pro quo with the NRA.... :eek:

LOL and if the dems did it you'd be fully 100% behind them.
Nope!

It's just plain wrong Sassy....

Delta would have been better off staying neutral. I've said it before and will again...if businesses want to play the PC and political game they'll reap what they sow. In this case Delta paid a hefty price

Delta Air Lines Inc. showed no signs Friday of backing away from a decision to cancel fare discounts for the National Rifle Assn., despite a retaliatory move by Georgia state leaders that deprived the airline of a significant tax break.

Atlanta-based Delta released an internal memo that Chief Executive Ed Bastian sent to employees that insists the airline's aim is to stay neutral in the gun debate roiling the country since last month's deadly mass shooting at a Florida high school.

The memo appeared roughly at the same time that Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal, a Republican, signed into law a broad tax bill that GOP lawmakers had amended to kill a proposed tax break on jet fuel. The break would have saved Delta millions of dollars.

Georgia punishes Delta for crossing the NRA; airline insists it's 'not taking sides'

----------------------------------------------------

I guess the GOP just owns all companies now, if they can do this kind of stuff. Man who knew you could get discounts for belonging to the NRA. Not fair to the rest of us who don't belong is it?
/——/ Maybe your local abortion mill can get you a discount.

DRAIN THE SWAMP!!!!

These corrupt Fascist Repubs need to be voted out!!! Or sent to prison for their dirty quid pro quo with the NRA.... :eek:

Nope!

Sassy would be the first one whining like a baby if a state tried to force a private company to give discounts to the BLM. We have no consistency in our country any more, it is all about what fucks over the other party, no longer about what is good for the country.

Cease pretending you know anything about me you fraud. That was stupid anyway, states forcing private companies to do anything is wrong.....much like ordering bakers to bake fucking cakes

Delta Air Lines Inc. showed no signs Friday of backing away from a decision to cancel fare discounts for the National Rifle Assn., despite a retaliatory move by Georgia state leaders that deprived the airline of a significant tax break.

Atlanta-based Delta released an internal memo that Chief Executive Ed Bastian sent to employees that insists the airline's aim is to stay neutral in the gun debate roiling the country since last month's deadly mass shooting at a Florida high school.

The memo appeared roughly at the same time that Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal, a Republican, signed into law a broad tax bill that GOP lawmakers had amended to kill a proposed tax break on jet fuel. The break would have saved Delta millions of dollars.

Georgia punishes Delta for crossing the NRA; airline insists it's 'not taking sides'

----------------------------------------------------

I guess the GOP just owns all companies now, if they can do this kind of stuff. Man who knew you could get discounts for belonging to the NRA. Not fair to the rest of us who don't belong is it?
/——/ Maybe your local abortion mill can get you a discount.

Would you support a state government trying to force a company to give discounts to PP?

DRAIN THE SWAMP!!!!

Nope!

Sassy would be the first one whining like a baby if a state tried to force a private company to give discounts to the BLM. We have no consistency in our country any more, it is all about what fucks over the other party, no longer about what is good for the country.

Cease pretending you know anything about me you fraud. That was stupid anyway, states forcing private companies to do anything is wrong.....much like ordering bakers to bake fucking cakes

Yet here you are not saying an ill thing about the state of Ga trying to force a private company to give discounts to another private entity.

I agree 100% about the cake by the way.

DRAIN THE SWAMP!!!!

Nope!

Delta would have been better off staying neutral. I've said it before and will again...if businesses want to play the PC and political game they'll reap what they sow. In this case Delta paid a hefty price

I'll never understand these companies and entertainers that do that.

When you take a political stance, one-third of your supporters will be on your side, another third don't give a damn one way or the other, and the last third you really pissed off.

If you totally stay out of politics, you don't piss off anybody. You keep all the people that are making your paycheck. That's why Fed-Ex is doing so great right now. They didn't cave into the liberal demands.

DRAIN THE SWAMP!!!!

Nope!

When you take a political stance, one-third of your supporters will be on your side, another third don't give a damn one way or the other, and the last third you really pissed off.

If you totally stay out of politics, you don't piss off anybody. You keep all the people that are making your paycheck. That's why Fed-Ex is doing so great right now. They didn't cave into the liberal demands.

Target sure took a hit. Hilarious

DRAIN THE SWAMP!!!!

Nope!

Ironically, the move by Delta was the neutral move.

Offering discounts to any organization is an endorsement of that organization. Due to the political nature of the gun debate in the country Delta did not what to take one side or the other, so they took the neutral stance of offering discounts to none of the players in the gun debate.

Much like a year ago when they pulled their financial support from a play that depicted a violent murder of Trump...I bet you were not attacking Delta for doing that.

DRAIN THE SWAMP!!!!

But since the Repubs did it you are 100% behind them, regardless of it being a statist move by the government. People like you are why our country is moving to the left so quickly.

They are? When did that start happening? Last I heard, we have the White House, the Congress, the Senate, and 2/3 of the Governorships across the country.

If that's moving left, then I'm all for the move.

DRAIN THE SWAMP!!!!

Nope!

Offering discounts to any organization is an endorsement of that organization. Due to the political nature of the gun debate in the country Delta did not what to take one side or the other, so they took the neutral stance of offering discounts to none of the players in the gun debate.

Much like a year ago when they pulled their financial support from a play that depicted a violent murder of Trump...I bet you were not attacking Delta for doing that.

It's still taking a political stance. It's caving into Democrat threats. That pisses off conservatives the most.

DRAIN THE SWAMP!!!!

Nope!

No it wasn't you befuddled loon. Neutral is staying out of it

You're a waste of time.

DRAIN THE SWAMP!!!!

Nope!

But Fed-E

DRAIN THE SWAMP!!!!

But since the Repubs did it you are 100% behind them, regardless of it being a statist move by the government. People like you are why our country is moving to the left so quickly.

They are? When did that start happening? Last I heard, we have the White House, the Congress, the Senate, and 2/3 of the Governorships across the country.

If that's moving left, then I'm all for the move.

Yes, the Repubs have all those things, The point you have missed is that the Repubs are moving faster left than the Dems. There once was a time when the Repubs pushed back right when the Dems pushed left, but now the Repubs are more than happy to push left in some misguided attempt to "fight fire with fire".

This move by the Ga Senate is the perfect example. The government trying to force one private entity to give a financial discount to another private entity is not something the right used to approve of. But now they are doing it and the right is cheering them on for doing it.

DRAIN THE SWAMP!!!!

Nope!

You're a waste of time.

How is offering a discount "staying out of it"?

DRAIN THE SWAMP!!!!

Nope!

It's still taking a political stance. It's caving into Democrat threats. That pisses off conservatives the most.

Yep, it pisses them off so much they are willing to use statist tactics to pay them back...which moves the country further left.

By the way, did you whine when Delta pulled their money from the play that depicted a violent murder of Trump?

Nope!

Yep, it pisses them off so much they are willing to use statist tactics to pay them back...which moves the country further left.

By the way, did you whine when Delta pulled their money from the play that depicted a violent murder of Trump?

I don't know anything about it. But if they did, there is a difference between taking a political stance and not supporting the murder of a US President no matter who it is. With the NRA, it's left vs right. Assassination is right vs wrong.

Nope!

You're a waste of time.

How is offering a discount "staying out of it"?

They didn't just start offering discounts after the Democrats decided to make the NRA a target. If they started that policy after the shooting, then yes, that would have been taking a political stance.

DRAIN THE SWAMP!!!!

Nope!

If they are in the cake business, then bake everyone's cake.

Suddenly liberals are all concerned about billion dollar corporations losing out on tax breaks.

Its the point of how the GOP have overstepped.
You weren't worried when Obama used the irs against conservative groups. So you have no credibility to say anything.

The IRS targets any group with the same non profit status that looks fishy. I think they should audit everyone , all non profits.

DRAIN THE SWAMP!!!!

Nope!

If they are in the cake business, then bake everyone's cake.

No. A private company should be able to choose what cakes they make and who they make them for. The government has no more place telling someone to make someone else a cake than they do ttelling one private entity to give discounts to another one.

Both are wrong

Forum List

Back