Georgia Seniors Told They Can't Pray Before Meals

Hey guys,... The dept. Of human resources reversed their decision!! The old folks can say grace!!

no ...explain to me what i dont understand....since you have become all knowing...and there is a lot of hate on all sides....doesnt make it right for one side to continue now does it...

but i am waiting tell me what i have said about the bible is wrong? go on....where does the bible say to pray? your closet.....

care brought in the continous pray and i agreed...

show me where i have misquoted the bible?

Where did you quote the Bible, I must have missed it? You're the one that made the comment that Christians were wrong about the Bible and that it does not tell you to pray, and I have asked you twice now to quote where it says that.

Group prayer is more than just "merely giving thanks". It's purpose is also to reinforce communal bonds. That's fine in a church or home or even in public when it doesn't disturb the peace, but it has no place at a senior center where the food is provided by the government and there may be non Christians present or even Christians who do not approve of this sort of thing.

Why? The government is not establishing anything but food. The People made a free choice, one you don't like. Untill our Constitution says we are protected from not being offended, too bad for you (and me). I'm OK with that.
It seems we disagree on what amount of control the government should have over this event considering they do not provide the venue, only the food. Just curious, if this event was being held at a town hall, would you still feel a group prayer was appropriate?
Yes, I would think it was appropriate, UNLESS the government said that some sort of prayer was required. That would be the government establishing some sort of religion. If we cannot practice free speech at a town hall, then we are doomed as a free society.

no ...explain to me what i dont understand....since you have become all knowing...and there is a lot of hate on all sides....doesnt make it right for one side to continue now does it...

but i am waiting tell me what i have said about the bible is wrong? go on....where does the bible say to pray? your closet.....

Where did you quote the Bible, I must have missed it? You're the one that made the comment that Christians were wrong about the Bible and that it does not tell you to pray, and I have asked you twice now to quote where it says that.

again you are simply putting words in my posts.....i never said the bible says not to pray....

i will not continue this ...if you cannot discuss what was said.. i ask..where does the bible say to pray...and i have stated no one can stop you from praying.

try to focus

then open a bible...and we shall begin

lets begin with matthew 6:6

Yes, what is that talkinga bout, that entire chapter?

Matthew 6:7

And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.

:lol:

where did i mock your beliefs...i only stated what the bible says and that about half the christians on this board have no clue what the bible says and only use it to hate...i stand by that....as it seems you are proving that for me..continue to mock my beliefs it speaks volumes of you.

again you are simply putting words in my posts.....i never said the bible says not to pray....

i will not continue this ...if you cannot discuss what was said.. i ask..where does the bible say to pray...and i have stated no one can stop you from praying.

try to focus

Here is your post:

nor can anyone make anyone not pray.....where does the bible say to pray? you so called christians might be shocked at the answer to that...of course not one of you knows where the bible says to pray...cause you only use the bible to hate....what does the bible saying about praying for the glory of man?

where did i mock your beliefs...i only stated what the bible says and that about half the christians on this board have no clue what the bible says and only use it to hate...i stand by that....as it seems you are proving that for me..continue to mock my beliefs it speaks volumes of you.

Well, now at least it's only half of Christians that use 'the Bible to hate'. I don't see how you don't see yourself as passing judgment? You are doing exactly what you accuse 'hateful Christian's of doing. You are no differen than they are.

OK. For the record, I think both pagans and Christians are generally cool folks. Some are jerks; most aren't. Oh well.

Forum List

Back