German warships set to sail through Taiwan Strait

This little chat here is bringing a smile to my face, the predictable Chinese bogeyman again!

View attachment 1010500

We can also think about the number of countries and people in Indochina that the US has invaded, attacked, bombed, dumped chemical weapons and so on since the end of WW2.

If China had done to central America and Mexico what the US did in Indochina, how would we we think about being surrounded by Chinese military installations...

If you would bother to actually read my post you would know I do not find China to be the boogieman.

Two German warships docked in South Korea are set to sail through the Taiwan Strait over the next few days, sources told Nikkei Asia, as Berlin risks angering Beijing with a move it has not taken in more than two decades.

"The German Navy is making a visible contribution to maintaining the international rules-based order, as emphasized in its Indo-Pacific guidelines, by passing through the Taiwan Strait,

Good to see. The whole world needs to do things like this.
the ships have started now

It is not their territorial waters, thus the point.

We do not get to claim all the water between us and Hawaii as our territorial waters

Well.... the problem is that PRC and Taiwan claim the same area. Also, there's no real thing as "international waters". You can claim 12 nautical miles, and the strait is much bigger than this on both sides. So, technically they can't claim it.

However countries can still claim provocation for many things, almost anything. Look at Putin, he claims provocation if a country he's AT WAR WITH does things he doesn't like.

Forum List

Back