🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Given the givens, what should have happened to Alexis

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - Political Comedy - Fake News | Comedy Central

Watch this segment about what was known about Aaron Alexis. Its short and very much to the point.

Police warned Navy officials about Aaron Alexis - latimes.com
Navy Yard gunman Aaron Alexis told VA doctors he was not thinking of harming others - The Washington Post

We also heard that law enforcement had information about the Boston bombers before their attack. Some here said they should have been arrested or held by law enforcement. Some said the same thing about Alexis.

Based on the facts stated in the Jon Stewart segment, what should we have done with Alexis before the shooting??

Oh and the segment about the Georgia/Tennessee water battle, including more than we ever want to know about "butt chugging", is very good. And for Hugh Jackman fans, there's a good interview at the end.

Alexis had a raging sense of entitlement that drove him crazy. He was owed. He was disrespected. He tipped over the edge. Germany, Norway, Sweden, Japan, they have low crime rates because they don't have African Americans who believe they are owed and don't get the respect due them by virtue of the color of their skin.

Just heard on TV news,

"better off this way"
and
"elf"

Etched on his gun.

Alexis had a raging sense of entitlement that drove him crazy. He was owed. He was disrespected. He tipped over the edge. Germany, Norway, Sweden, Japan, they have low crime rates because they don't have African Americans who believe they are owed and don't get the respect due them by virtue of the color of their skin.

Most mass shooters have been white.

Couldn't we keep the hate and racism out of just one thread?

Watch this segment about what was known about Aaron Alexis. Its short and very much to the point.

Navy Yard gunman Aaron Alexis told VA doctors he was not thinking of harming others - The Washington Post

We also heard that law enforcement had information about the Boston bombers before their attack. Some here said they should have been arrested or held by law enforcement. Some said the same thing about Alexis.

Based on the facts stated in the Jon Stewart segment, what should we have done with Alexis before the shooting??

Oh and the segment about the Georgia/Tennessee water battle, including more than we ever want to know about "butt chugging", is very good. And for Hugh Jackman fans, there's a good interview at the end.

Let's just cut to the chase. You want everyone in the US registered in a national database. A database accessible to every law enforcement agency, hospital, doctor, etc.

A national ID card. Maybe an embedded chip. The government able to track our every move.

All this just so you will feel comfortable and safe.

Let's just cut to the chase. You want everyone in the US registered in a national database. A database accessible to every law enforcement agency, hospital, doctor, etc.

A national ID card. Maybe an embedded chip. The government able to track our every move.

I was very careful not to mention guns or gun control because this thread is not gun control.

We already have a national ID card and we are "registered in a national database" at birth that is "accessible to every law enforcement agency, hospital, doctor, etc".

Embedded chips are a reality as well.

In past threads, I have posted that I am dead set against the little cards that grocery and other stores are getting (imo) foolish and gullible people to fill out and carry. I posted that the cards I do carry, in order to get the lower price, which I believe to be a dishonest rip off, are filled out in the same names every single time: Sylvester and Tweety Bird.

The op has nothing at all to do with that.

Given what we already knew about this shooter and given what we already knew about the Boston bombers, could either or both been avoided?

The question does not concern gun "control", has nothing to do with race and is not about some sort of national ID card (except for what Fox's Steve Doosy is shown saying in the Jon Stewart link in the OP).

Its simply the question of whether or not we could have stopped these attacks with the given information.

The HIPAA Law needs to be changed and then the mentally ill should be put on background checks so that they can't buy guns.

The Dems are totally against changing the law to do this because they are in bed with the powerful Lawyer Lobbyists.
The left are always yelling about the powerful NRA Lobbyists but Dem's have their own powerful lobbyists.
It is an insane run around with both parties.
If we got tax reform the lobbyists would not have the power that they do now.

As for the bombers it was the Government who dropped the ball on this one for sharing information.

The HIPAA Law needs to be changed and then the mentally ill should be put on background checks so that they can't buy guns.

The Dems are totally against changing the law to do this because they are in bed with the powerful Lawyer Lobbyists.
The left are always yelling about the powerful NRA Lobbyists but Dem's have their own powerful lobbyists.
It is an insane run around with both parties.
If we got tax reform the lobbyists would not have the power that they do now.

As for the bombers it was the Government who dropped the ball on this one for sharing information.

First, thank you for answering the actual op.

Both Rs and Ds are "in bed" with lobbyists. I write to my congresspeople regularly and, in each and every letter, I demand that they "send the money back" but that is never addressed in their carbon copy replies.

If you know of R who is openly in favor of changing or relaxing the HIPPA laws, please post it.

What should "the government" have done differently, re: Boston bombers? Would sharing info between various departments and entities have changed anything? I don't think so. If you watched the Jon Stewart segment, you see what I mean.

We all value our freedom and our privacy. As I stated above, I think its foolish to fill out those harmless looking little discount card apps. maybe I'm just paranoid but that doesn't mean "they" are not out to learn way too much about me. I'm not willing to give them more.

Those who want to can blame President Obama, but the Patriot Act was enacted before he took office and he has had more oversight than Bush did. Be that as it may, we will never be rid of it. No president will ever repeal it. The rw's here blasted me in the past for writing that but its true. No matter who "you" might want to be in the Oval Office, the Patriot Act will never be repealed.

We are video taped everywhere we go and our every move is tracked on paper as well. Doesn't matter whether agencies share info or mentally ill are legally kept from buying guns.

There's an old saw that says, 'you can freedom or you can have safety' but is that true?

Given what we already knew about this shooter and given what we already knew about the Boston bombers, could either or both been avoided?

The question does not concern gun "control", has nothing to do with race and is not about some sort of national ID card (except for what Fox's Steve Doosy is shown saying in the Jon Stewart link in the OP).

Its simply the question of whether or not we could have stopped these attacks with the given information.

We could have prevented the attacks with ease.
Not filling the kids heads with anti American propaganda at the far left liberal public school, Cambridge syringe and Latin might have been a good start.

That's a non-answer and really, it just does not hold water.

Why are you afraid to address the issue I raised?

I was very careful not to mention guns or gun control because this thread is not gun control.

We already have a national ID card and we are "registered in a national database" at birth that is "accessible to every law enforcement agency, hospital, doctor, etc".

In past threads, I have posted that I am dead set against the little cards that grocery and other stores are getting (imo) foolish and gullible people to fill out and carry. I posted that the cards I do carry, in order to get the lower price, which I believe to be a dishonest rip off, are filled out in the same names every single time: Sylvester and Tweety Bird.

ROFLMAO. Care to expound on the "national ID card" and birth database before I ask a mod to put this in the conspiracy tank where stronger minds gather?

ROFLMAO. Care to expound on the "national ID card" and birth database before I ask a mod to put this in the conspiracy tank where stronger minds gather?

Ever hear of the Social Security card?

If you don't think that is a national ID card, now issued at birth and used throughout our lives to track us, you're as big a fool as I think you are.

If you can find a "stronger mind" to help you, think about all the times you are asked for that number and how it is then used.

He should have been required to seek help for his condition..
Now, the attention must turned to those who knew and were in a position of authority to diffuse what was ticking time bomb.
The blood of the dead in is THEIR hands.
It is said that with our rights as described in the US Constitution, we cannot be sanctioned for what we 'may' do in the future.
However, we humans are intelligent enough to recognize the signs of a person in distress who may do harm to himself or others. At that point it is irresponsible or even criminal NOT to act.

That misses the point and is best described as an all or nothing straw man argument.
We are an advanced society. And as such we can be confident in recognizing a person who is unstable to the point where we FIRST attempt to get him help.
I refuse and reject the notion that due to the perceived idea that we have absolute freedom to do as we please that 'there is nothing that can be done".
I am sick of watching the bodies pile up and listening to those speak of the aftermath saying "the guy was nuts. There were warning signs all over the place." Or words to that effect.

If you don't think that is a national ID card, now issued at birth and used throughout our lives to track us, you're as big a fool as I think you are.

If you can find a "stronger mind" to help you, think about all the times you are asked for that number and how it is then used.

A social security card can only be legally requested in a few instances.

1. Application for a checking account
2. Drivers license
3. Tax forms

A social security number is optional after birth. You don't have to request one but the IRS won't let you take the baby discount without one.

All others are technically illegal the last time I checked. People are so stupid that they give them out willy nilly. The law doesn't state that they can't be asked for.

A social security card can only be legally requested in a few instances.

1. Application for a checking account
2. Drivers license
3. Tax forms

A social security number is optional after birth. You don't have to request one but the IRS won't let you take the baby discount without one.

All others are technically illegal the last time I checked. People are so stupid that they give them out willy nilly. The law doesn't state that they can't be asked for.

You're very naive. if you believe your SS# does not go any further than where you willingly supplied it, "naive" is a kind word.

SS#'s go far beyond what you stated and the practice of using them to keep track of us started a lot of years ago.

thereisnospoond, its fine to say "there were signs" and we "should have done something" but the constitution gets the final word. That's why I disagree with punishment for "hate crimes". If we ever punish for what someone "might" do, we're in big trouble.

Did you really just ask that? There is a reason ID theft is one of the fastest growing crimes in the US. Our information is literally everywhere. If you have every gone to school, the doctor, gotten a drivers license, shop etc you are in a database. You can do whatever you want to trying to protect that information but the minute someone loses a computer with one of those databases in it your information is up for public consumption. Concerning the OP yes there is something that could have done about it but it would require given up certain freedoms. Is that worth the trade off for the lives lost?

Forum List

Back