Global Warming Causes Asteroids to Strike the Earth

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
CNN anchor Deb Feyerick suggested Saturday afternoon that global warming may extend further than our globe.

The host wrapped up a segment on the impact that climate change may have had on the winter storm that hit the Northeast this weekend by saying: “Every time we see a storm like this lately, the first question to pop into a lot of people’s minds is whether or not global warming is to blame? I’ll talk to Bill Nye, ‘the science guy,’ about devastating storms and climate change.”

Miss Feyerick then turned to a feature on a large asteroid that will just miss Earth as it passes by on Feb. 15.

“We want to bring in our science guy, Bill Nye, and talk about something else that’s falling from the sky, and that is an asteroid,” the anchor said. “What’s coming our way? Is this the effect of, perhaps, global warming? Or is this just some meteoric occasion?”

Mr. Nye didn’t gratify the speculation but instead focused on the asteroid itself, saying the impact could level an entire city. The asteroid will miss Earth by about 15 minutes, the “science guy” said.

Read more: CNN host suggests link between asteroid, global warming - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Carbon dioxide causes an extension of the magnetic field, causing it to stretch as far as Jupiter. This will result in a storm of meteors that will rain devastation on our planet unless we all buy electric cars right now.

Lol jk

Carbon dioxide causes an extension of the magnetic field, causing it to stretch as far as Jupiter. This will result in a storm of meteors that will rain devastation on our planet unless we all buy electric cars right now.

Lol jk

The sad part is that some of the AGW cultists will swallow that explanation.

Technically, global warning might cause a meteor to strike earth that might have otherwise have missed. How? When the atmosphere heats up, it expands; by extending further into space from the earth, it could cause additional drag on a rapidly passing meteor, thereby slowing it down enough to allow it to drop to earth.

Yes, it can happen.

Technically, global warning might cause a meteor to strike earth that might have otherwise have missed. How? When the atmosphere heats up, it expands; by extending further into space from the earth, it could cause additional drag on a rapidly passing meteor, thereby slowing it down enough to allow it to drop to earth.

Yes, it can happen.

Exactly. And someone needs to be taken to task for the presence of these "meteors" and why they are threatening us in the first place.

What did the science guy say about the anchors speculation.......nothing.

BFD.

I had to see this for myself. Holy crap, that's what she said.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObU7awpJctQ]WTF. CNN Anchor Blames Asteroid on Global Warming? Guest, Bill Nye - YouTube[/ame]

Well, give Nye credit for (a) not giggling and (b) completely avoiding and ignoring the question.

Yikes.

Lol jk

WHAT CO2???
The USA's natural sequestration could handle 15% more then what is being emitted in the USA now!

as a net carbon sink—it sequesters more carbon than it emits[/U][/I][/B].

Two types of analyses confirm this:
1) atmospheric, or top-down, methods that look at changes in CO2 concentrations; and 2) land-based, or bottom-up, methods that incorporate on-the-ground inventories or plot measurements. Net sequestration (i.e., the difference between carbon gains and losses) in U.S. forests, urban trees and agricultural soils totaled almost 840 teragrams (Tg) of CO2 equivalent (or about 230 Tg or million metric tons of carbon equivalent) in 2001 (Inventory of U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Sinks).
This offsets approximately 15% of total U.S. CO2 emissions from the energy, transportation and other sectors. More information on U.S. carbon sequestration estimates and historical trends can be found under the National Analysis section of this Web site.

More information on U.S. carbon sequestration estimates and historical trends can be found under the National Analysis section of this Web site.
http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/Downloads/ghgemissions/US-GHG-Inventory-2012-Chapter-7-LULUCF.pdf

I knew the widespread use of refrigerator magnets was a bad idea... And all this time I was led to believe it was CFC's from the fridge itself, and that the only solution to AGW was the Taxpayer's funding of green energy companies like Solyndra. :lol:

Forum List

Back