Global Warming: Was It Just A Beautiful Dream After All?

Maybe the right wingers call it global warming but those that live in a real world call it Climate Change.
You would not understand the difference.

Global Warming: Was It Just A Beautiful Dream After All? - Forbes

A generation and a half into climate change, née global warming, you can’t point to a single place on earth where the weather is noticeably different from what it was in 1979. Or 1879, for that matter. I don’t know what subliminal changes would be detected by precise instruments, but in terms of the human experience of climate, Boston is still Boston, Cairo is still Cairo, and Sydney is still Sydney.

The above is what I have been saying all along. Yet the GW side keeps saying that climate change is undeniable. That the change has been drastic. They do point to the glaciers which apparently have receded as they have since the last ice age but other then that everything seems to be the same as it was when I was young.

Fear not folks, warmth brings life.

the climate of our planet has been changing for millions of years and will be changing millions of years from now. man has never had anything to do with it.

Didn't you get the memo? The Earth is only 8,000 years old. Millions of years? As Rep Paul Broun (who's on the Committee of Science and Technology) might have a problem with your statement about Earth's age since he said that evolution and the big bang were lies straight from the pit of hell. That's who Republicans think is well-suited to be on the House Science Committee?

With Reps like these, it's no wonder so many people in the GOP believe nonsense or have superstitious beliefs.

“God’s word is true. I’ve come to understand that. All that stuff I was taught about evolution, embryology, Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell. It’s lies to try to keep me and all the folks who are taught that from understanding that they need a savior. There’s a lot of scientific data that I found out as a scientist that actually show that this is really a young Earth. I believe that the Earth is about 9,000 years old. I believe that it was created in six days as we know them. That’s what the Bible says. And what I’ve come to learn is that it’s the manufacturer’s handbook, is what I call it. It teaches us how to run our lives individually. How to run our families, how to run our churches. But it teaches us how to run all our public policy and everything in society. And that’s the reason, as your congressman, I hold the Holy Bible as being the major directions to me of how I vote in Washington, D.C., and I’ll continue to do that.”

Republican Rep. Paul Broun, a physician who sits on the House Science, Space and Technology Committee

Jesus Christ I hoped you were joking about that. Republicans put this guy on the science committee?

Maybe the right wingers call it global warming but those that live in a real world call it Climate Change.

the climate of our planet has been changing for millions of years and will be changing millions of years from now. man has never had anything to do with it.

Didn't you get the memo? The Earth is only 8,000 years old. Millions of years? As Rep Paul Broun (who's on the Committee of Science and Technology) might have a problem with your statement about Earth's age since he said that evolution and the big bang were lies straight from the pit of hell. That's who Republicans think is well-suited to be on the House Science Committee?

With Reps like these, it's no wonder so many people in the GOP believe nonsense or have superstitious beliefs.

there are idiots on both sides of every issue. pointing out the idiots on our side does not make the idiots on your side go away.

“God’s word is true. I’ve come to understand that. All that stuff I was taught about evolution, embryology, Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell. It’s lies to try to keep me and all the folks who are taught that from understanding that they need a savior. There’s a lot of scientific data that I found out as a scientist that actually show that this is really a young Earth. I believe that the Earth is about 9,000 years old. I believe that it was created in six days as we know them. That’s what the Bible says. And what I’ve come to learn is that it’s the manufacturer’s handbook, is what I call it. It teaches us how to run our lives individually. How to run our families, how to run our churches. But it teaches us how to run all our public policy and everything in society. And that’s the reason, as your congressman, I hold the Holy Bible as being the major directions to me of how I vote in Washington, D.C., and I’ll continue to do that.”

Republican Rep. Paul Broun, a physician who sits on the House Science, Space and Technology Committee

Jesus Christ I hoped you were joking about that. Republicans put this guy on the science committee?

Well, you guys almost made Al Gore president :eek: :cuckoo:

That does nothing to explain why Republcians thougth this guy should be on that committee. The explanation is clear, they care about science so much they put this guy on the committee.

there are idiots on both sides of every issue. pointing out the idiots on our side does not make the idiots on your side go away.

There's a huge difference between the generic idiot/fool on either side of the political debate who expresses an uninformed or wholly ignorant belief about something when that person is merely a citizen without any real power and/or influence and someone who falls into the same category except they're in a position to make decisions which affect public policy on the national level.

Yeah, just think of it. If Al Gore would have taken office (with 540,000 more votes than Bush, btw) instead of Bush, the Iraq War probably never would have happened.

A generation and a half into climate change, née global warming, you can’t point to a single place on earth where the weather is noticeably different from what it was in 1979. Or 1879, for that matter. I don’t know what subliminal changes would be detected by precise instruments, but in terms of the human experience of climate, Boston is still Boston, Cairo is still Cairo, and Sydney is still Sydney.

The above is what I have been saying all along. Yet the GW side keeps saying that climate change is undeniable. That the change has been drastic. They do point to the glaciers which apparently have receded as they have since the last ice age but other then that everything seems to be the same as it was when I was young.

I call it fearmongering.

With all the evidence out there that temperatures are at their highest in since the last ice age and increasing, you nimwits continue to deny it. It's incredible that anyone could be so stupid.

Now if you want to make an argument that humans are not the cause, maybe you can make a valid argument. But to deny that temperatures are increasing because you can't tell the difference, well that one takes the cake for stupidity.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/08/s...es-highest-in-4000-years-study-says.html?_r=0

You're projecting your personal preferences of yourself as a member of a species (and your level of comfort based on a range of temperatures) to ALL life. The truth is that most species on this planet can and do thrive under conditions considerably different than the ones we prefer. In fact, the Arctic waters are teeming with life. That's not quite true with deserts. So, I wonder how much ocean temperatures would have to rise before life would be untenable.

How laughable is your statement?
It is hilarious to say that humans have no affect on an environment.
Nice try.

So, oh wise one, what would the climate be like today if man had never walked the face of the planet.....

Take your time, we eagerly await your reply.

With all the evidence out there that temperatures are at their highest in since the last ice age and increasing, you nimwits continue to deny it. It's incredible that anyone could be so stupid.

Now if you want to make an argument that humans are not the cause, maybe you can make a valid argument. But to deny that temperatures are increasing because you can't tell the difference, well that one takes the cake for stupidity.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/08/s...es-highest-in-4000-years-study-says.html?_r=0

Please direct me to the site that tells you how warm or cold the Earth should be.

You're projecting your personal preferences of yourself as a member of a species (and your level of comfort based on a range of temperatures) to ALL life. The truth is that most species on this planet can and do thrive under conditions considerably different than the ones we prefer. In fact, the Arctic waters are teeming with life. That's not quite true with deserts. So, I wonder how much ocean temperatures would have to rise before life would be untenable.

The world is for we humans to use. If you believe in evolution, or at least survival of the fittest, then any animal must adapt or die.

So tell me how warm or cold should the Earth be?

LOL! Another ignorant ass flaunts that ignorance for all to see.

http://www.the-cryosphere.net/7/81/2013/tc-7-81-2013.pdf

http://www.nrs.fs.fed.us/pubs/jrnl/2012/nrs_2012_fountain_001.pdf

The world is for we humans to use. If you believe in evolution, or at least survival of the fittest, then any animal must adapt or die.

So tell me how warm or cold should the Earth be?

So tell me how one lives as long as you have and still is this damned ignorant. Speed of change is the factor that will create havoc. 7 billion people depend on agriculture, and our agriculture depends on a stable climate. A climate that we now see rapidly degrading.

Swiss Re Tallies Huge Costs of Climate Inaction | DeSmogBlog

They skewed the data by taking samples from areas that were likely to indicate high temperatures like black topped parking lots and they compared it to data gleaned from sites which had been neutral as far as sunlight energy. They further skewed the data by various ways including falsified computer data. Here we are in the good old US of A with freaking record setting cold and blizzards in the midwest in the second week of April and the pseudo "scientists" try to tell us to disregard what we see and hear and feel.

Except for the many civilizations wiped out by the warming. But heck, none of them were in Europe, and history outside Europe is irrelevant.

Please direct me to the site that tells you how warm or cold the Earth should be.

You need a site? I just need common sense. The climate that human civilization grew up around in the ideal climate.

They skewed the data by taking samples from areas that were likely to indicate high temperatures like black topped parking lots and they compared it to data gleaned from sites which had been neutral as far as sunlight energy.

Bzzzzt. Just totally wrong.

They further skewed the data by various ways including falsified computer data.

Bzzzzt. Idiot conspiracy theory, only spouted by right-wing-fringe-cult cranks.

Here we are in the good old US of A with freaking record setting cold and blizzards in the midwest in the second week of April and the pseudo "scientists" try to tell us to disregard what we see and hear and feel.

Bzzzzzt. "My backyard is the world" fallacy.

The above is what I have been saying all along. Yet the GW side keeps saying that climate change is undeniable.
....And, the deniers prefer....

handjob.gif

Self-centered pricks

The above is what I have been saying all along. Yet the GW side keeps saying that climate change is undeniable.
....And, the deniers prefer....

handjob.gif

Self-centered pricks

My what big font you have.....

Makes the BS sooooo much prettier!

Forum List

Back