Globetrotter-in-Chief: Obama Outpaces Previous Presidents in World Travel

Just stop with the ODS already...

travel-through-five-years.jpg

Obama has "visited more countries and met with more world leaders than any president in his first six months in office."

In the first six calendar months of his presidency, Obama did far more international travel than his previous five predecessors, according to an analysis by Brendan Doherty, an assistant professor of political science at the U.S. Naval Academy, for the White House Transition Project. In all, the study found, Obama traveled to 13 countries in his first six months in office. That's far more than George W. Bush, seven in 2001; Bill Clinton, one in 1993; George H.W. Bush, nine in 1989; Ronald Reagan, one in 1981; and Jimmy Carter, two in 1977.

Obama has also met with more heads of state. According to Doherty's analysis, seven of Obama’s 13 stops were bilateral visits with the head of state of another country; while 15 of the 20 journeys made by Obama's five predecessors combined were bilateral meetings with other heads of state.

And we're complaining about this why?

So...this is a bad thing..................now.

Yes bodecea - flying to Hawaii every three weeks and Martha's Vineyard every other weekend is a bad thing (both now and in the past).

I mean, why isn't he being "his brother's keeper" and using that money to feed hungry people and build houses for homeless people? Can you explain it?

Maybe he doesn't care quite as his useful idiot nation believes? Maybe he's a typical communist who hoards for himself while feeding the masses his propaganda about sharing? I'd be interested to hear you share any thoughts you have on this bizarre reality.

Is it true that Obama goes to Hawaii every three weeks and Martha's Vineyard every other weekend, or is that stuff just made up? When stuff is just made up, it that like telling a lie?

Yes bodecea - flying to Hawaii every three weeks and Martha's Vineyard every other weekend is a bad thing (both now and in the past).

I mean, why isn't he being "his brother's keeper" and using that money to feed hungry people and build houses for homeless people? Can you explain it?

Maybe he doesn't care quite as his useful idiot nation believes? Maybe he's a typical communist who hoards for himself while feeding the masses his propaganda about sharing? I'd be interested to hear you share any thoughts you have on this bizarre reality.

Is it true that Obama goes to Hawaii every three weeks and Martha's Vineyard every other weekend, or is that stuff just make up? When stuff is just made up, it that like telling a lie?

i like when he goes on vacation; he's slightly less inept when he isnt in town

Why shouldn't a President travel the world to do his job? CEOs do it

Is it true that Obama goes to Hawaii every three weeks and Martha's Vineyard every other weekend, or is that stuff just made up? When stuff is just made up, it that like telling a lie?

It's exaggeration to prove a point (but sadly, it's not an exaggeration by much)

Except that CEO's aren't using public funds when they travel. Did you really need that explained to you or are you so desperate to defend Obama that you'll post any nonsense?

I hear he goes joy riding in AF1....at a cost of $20 million an hour

He just doesn't care about the taxpayer

Except that CEO's aren't using public funds when they travel. Did you really need that explained to you or are you so desperate to defend Obama that you'll post any nonsense?

I guess you do

CEOs are using company funds to travel and do their job
A President is doing the same

Sure they do. It's called a travel exspense. It's a tax write off. A tax write off to a corporation is a government subsidy. Wrong or right, that is what it is.
Maybe you are exaggerating to make a point?

Last edited:

I guess you do

in the case of the president you dolt; the "company" is the US taxpayer

I guess you do

Exactly you imbecile

And he is doing the business of our country

Last edited:

I guess you do

A president doesn't have private "company funds" genius. He only has access to public taxes and he should be highly conscious of that and extremely responsible with it. But since you don't pay taxes, why would you care - right?

I guess you do

Exactly you imbecile

Really? Constantly flying to Hawaii and Martha's Vineyard is "doing the business of our country"? Uh.... I didn't realize swimming in the ocean and consuming alcohol is considered by Dumbocrats to be "doing the business of our country". I guess that's why you guys fail at everything you do.

Exactly you imbecile

Really? Constantly flying to Hawaii and Martha's Vineyard is "doing the business of our country"? Uh.... I didn't realize swimming in the ocean and consuming alcohol is considered by Dumbocrats to be "doing the business of our country". I guess that's why you guys fail at everything you do.

I asked you about that comment about the Hawaii and Martha's Vinyard trips. You said you were not telling a lie. You said you were exaggerating. You continue to "exaggerate". Clearly you are now just being a liar. "Every other week" exaggeration has is now changed by you to be "constantly". Clear cut lie. Told by you. That makes you a clear cut liar. Means you can not make your dubious allegation stick, so you have to lie. Means your whole concept in based on a purposeful lie. You are a fake.

So while all of the liberals on USMB have convinced themselves that Obama "cares" he's off jet-setting around the world and playing golf at the most exclusive clubs.

This guy has always looked at the tax payer as a "chump" to subsidize the lifestyle he craves but is not willing to earn.

I wonder how many trips to Hawaii his supporters on USMB have made? :lol:

hummmmm ! i wonder if he pays green fees ? some golf clubs here charge upwards of $50.00 a round on top of membership fees which runs about $500.00+

Exactly you imbecile

There is official travel and personal travel

Presidents are entitled to both

Now, until you guys can post some real numbers that Obama is grossly exceeding the personal and official travel of his predecessors you are just engaging in petty political whining

Go at it

Lets see some numbers

There is official travel and personal travel

Presidents are entitled to both

Now, until you guys can post some real numbers that Obama is grossly exceeding the personal and official travel of his predecessors you are just engaging in petty political whining

Go at it

Lets see some numbers

W was way more effective. He built coalitions and kept them together. Obama hasn't had a single diplomatic success. He's changed no minds. He's gotten no one who doesn't normally support us to support us. Even if he does spend the same, we get so much less for it. The world in fact likes him BECAUSE he's weak and ineffective and wants to weaken America. He could accomplish the same thing, nothing, a lot cheaper by staying home.

Forum List

Back