Gluten-free, vegan, non-GMO. W

Horsefeathers!

Know how when you leave meat out for too long it begins to rot? Happening inside your body too.
Yummy, rancid meat product......

I'm not vegan or vegetarian, but I gave up beef and pork back in the '70s after figuring out the process of where it comes from -- and how it gets to the market. In effect I don't eat anything that has a mother. I forget what the term for that is.

I can't think of an animal that doesn't have a mother. At least nothing you would buy.

Poultry and most fish. Comes from eggs. "Mother" means live birth.

I didn't even make that term up -- I heard it from B.B. King. And when I thought about it I realized, "hey, me too".

I had not heard that.

Know how when you leave meat out for too long it begins to rot? Happening inside your body too.
Yummy, rancid meat product......

I'm not vegan or vegetarian, but I gave up beef and pork back in the '70s after figuring out the process of where it comes from -- and how it gets to the market. In effect I don't eat anything that has a mother. I forget what the term for that is.

I can't think of an animal that doesn't have a mother. At least nothing you would buy.

Poultry and most fish. Comes from eggs. "Mother" means live birth.

I didn't even make that term up -- I heard it from B.B. King. And when I thought about it I realized, "hey, me too".

Interesting. I never knew that.

I only eat seafood and poultry.

Thank you for that information.

Happy to share. But if you wouldn't mind, the usual response I get is "you commie libtards destroying America" or some version of that :D

That's what I ended up with-- poultry and seafood (not a lot of seafood due to pollution of that environment) and eggs. If you think about it, that's pretty much where you end up if you cut out beef and pork in this culture. Unless you eat like buffalo or venison or sump'm.

Never had buffalo, but I would guess it's a safer bet than dead cow since it's so much less mass-produced -- which is exactly where all the degeneration comes in, for animals and plants as well. I have had horsemeat while living in France. As a taste I can't recommend it. :puke:

Nobody is a bigger killjoy than a Newly Converted Vegan at a Thanksgiving Dinner.

Nobody is a bigger killjoy than a Newly Converted Vegan at a Thanksgiving Dinner.

In my experience it is a whole conversation starter. The minute you pass up the turkey the questions begin to fly. When did you become vegan, why did you become vegan, how do you handle it, I don't think I could, and on and on and on and on. All we want to do is eat but the third degree always comes. And then, after getting badgered about something that is really none of their business, we get blamed because they can't shut up about it.

In my experience it is a whole conversation starter. The minute you pass up the turkey the questions begin to fly. When did you become vegan, why did you become vegan, how do you handle it, I don't think I could, and on and on and on and on. All we want to do is eat but the third degree always comes. And then, after getting badgered about something that is really none of their business, we get blamed because they can't shut up about it.

Well, that has certainly NOT been my experience. Last Thanksgiving, we were all subjected to a diatribe equating free range turkeys with Elephants being poached for their tusks. Most people I know just want to enjoy sharing a meal with those they love - and really don't care what others choose or don't choose to eat. But the Newly Converted Vegans feel compelled to preach to the Infidels.

Yes.

I worked with a young lady a few years ago who went vegan after the birth of her second child. She was very attractive, but after a few months as a vegan, she looked like she had smoke cigs for decades. In other words, she looked like shit and felt like shit. She went back to eating meat and got her looks back.

Well, that has certainly NOT been my experience. Last Thanksgiving, we were all subjected to a diatribe equating free range turkeys with Elephants being poached for their tusks. Most people I know just want to enjoy sharing a meal with those they love - and really don't care what others choose or don't choose to eat. But the Newly Converted Vegans feel compelled to preach to the Infidels.

Since every meal I have with others has a vegan at the table (me) I expect I have a tad more experience. I really dread communal meals because there is always going to be someone who wants to argue about it with me. If someone wants to subject you to a diatribe about the source of your food, that is just rude. But, you know, when people refuse to just accept that I don't eat meat and want a full explanation of why, is it my fault if I give them a reason?

My experiences are much more like Pratchett's. I made (and make) my own decisions, which are by definition for me. I don't push them on others, in fact I don't bring them up at all unless it's already the topic (like here) or unless it's necessary to request an alternate to what's being served communally. I'll buy the product that's unadulterated with sugar off the shelf -- but I don't walk in there and put up signs warning others away from the sugared ones. It may be sad that they go for it (or that their economics dictate that they must go for it) but ultimately that's their problem.

And I've gotten the same arguments if I decline food because it came out of a microwave. I really didn't come into your restaurant to start a debate; I came to eat. I think the lumpen proletariat likes to think that if it's conditioned to sugared sodas and Taco Bell and Fast McBurgers and microwaves and steak, therefore everyone should be.

I wonder if it's related to my spankin' new sigline...

Say.......... does Batfink have a mother? :eusa_think:

hehehe

Last edited:

Since every meal I have with others has a vegan at the table (me) I expect I have a tad more experience. I really dread communal meals because there is always going to be someone who wants to argue about it with me. If someone wants to subject you to a diatribe about the source of your food, that is just rude. But, you know, when people refuse to just accept that I don't eat meat and want a full explanation of why, is it my fault if I give them a reason?

Are you a Newly Converted Vegan at each of those meals?

Are you a Newly Converted Vegan at each of those meals?

No. So let's just say sometimes we get our own back. :2up:

Was an ultra strict vegan for about six weeks before it was either give it up or kill myself. :) Shopping took 3 times as long reading labels for prohibited ingrediants. Tofu is disgusting just because of the texture of tofu hotdogs. Wanna to puke just touching it. :) And after a childhood being raised with a dad who was a butcher, I knew I liked meat too much.

Veganism is indeed much healthier, but if you're not raised with it it's more like torture. :)

Vegan diets are not very healthy. It's really difficult to get all the nutrients needed with a vegan diet. A vegetarian diet that includes some animal by-products such as dairy products and eggs is a good diet. Personally, I still think eating meat is a good idea.

Brian posted, ( excerpted ): The fact that Americans care about gluten-free products and veganism simply indicates the fact that these people have nothing more important to care about.

The fact that a growing number of Americans care about their health, indicates they have very important things to care about
and I am one of those. Low on gluten products and mostly veggies, and my doc told me I am the healthiest of any of his patients, after my annual physical recently. :thup: Diet and exercise, and a positive attitude ( most of the time ) keeps me in great health.
The fact that millions of Americans who aren't gluten intolerant became so overnight because Dr. Oz and the View told them to shows what is wrong with this country.

Disney World Gets A Gluten-Free And Vegan Bakery And Now There s Magic For Everyone

The fact that Americans care about gluten-free products and veganism simply indicates the fact that these people have nothing more important to care about. Children in Africa will be happy to enjoy any kinder of burger, whether it is gluten-free or not.
Recall our ancestors who led a simple life in the countryside. Don't fall a victim to marketing, make your own choices.

wanna-joke-vegan-club.jpg

My husband is allergic to gluten. If he eats anything with it in it he gets a horrible rash and hives.

A very good friend of mine is also allergic to gluten.

Allergies are serious. They can kill.

I think it's in poor taste to make fun of people who have an allergy.

No one is making you eat it so what is your problem? Why do you have a problem with people who choose to find out about the foods they eat and how it affects them?

Why do people like you have a need to force everyone to live and believe as you do?

Apparently when somebody -- even an evil corporation like Disney -- does something right like offering meaningful dietary choices, they must be punished.

Enabling mentally ill sheeple in order to sell more tickets is not doing right

Forum List

Back