GM stops paying for striking UAW worker's healthcare insurance

So you're afraid to go fast?
Pickups are not designed to go fast, the center of gravity is wrong, if you want to break into the mathematical reasons why a pickup is dangerous at high speeds I can. Back in the day my Camaro topped out at 125mph, it's center of gravity was lower and designed for speed, however I grew up, some people do, some do not.

LOL....
Ever hear of the NASCAR truck series? Or perhaps the Baja 1000?

Take note....
That truck would suck at towing....but has a shit ton of horsepower.

.........Oh,if that video doesnt get your blood pumping you're a girly man.

You may get to grow up
3ba252988e190872a7bbe36a49427cd9--a-truck-crime-scenes.jpg

Grow up?
I'm 54 ya shit head.

So am I, and I still shrug 500lbs...…………………….

Excellent article on this strike
  • No sentient human being could believe that GM’s wages--estimated at $63 per hour including all benefits--are not much more generous than those enjoyed by the average U.S. blue collar worker.
  • The UAW has an extraordinarily generous healthcare plan, with workers covering 3-5% of their healthcare costs versus 30-35% for the average American worker.
  • GM paid a $10,750 profit-sharing bonus to eligible workers in February and is now offering an $8,000 “approval bonus” to UAW workers to ratify the company’s new contract proposal.
  • In terms of job security, GM has even, puzzlingly, offered to produce electric pickup trucks (Hamtramck) and electric batteries (Lordstown) in two of the four “unallocated” plants that have been the subject of so much discussion from President Trump to local unions.

The UAW's Nonsensical Strike At GM Hurts Everyone

Again..the Raptor isnt designed to tow.
It's designed to go fast over terrain your average F 150 would get the shit beat out of it.
Just like the Tundra TRD Pro cant tow as much as my Tundra TRD yet cost 15k more.
It's by design.
Again the design is to dupe dumb Americans that are plentiful

Just because you dont enjoy off roading......
Back in the day I also had a 92 full size Blazer with the off road package. Still have it actually, though it's not on the road at the moment. Went up the side of a mountain once, just because it was there, then the trail petered out and I had to do a k turn in-between the trees and rock outcrop. All in all it was a beautiful 20 minute k turn, not one of my brightest moments, but hey I did a k turn on the side of a mountain. I grew up there too, some never do

My 4x4 has been Mr. January in several off road calendars.
There's nothing you can teach me about off roading.

Yet it seems odd that you proclaim proficiency in off roading when you deny the abilities of factory purpose built off road trucks?

I mean I do all my own lifts and what not but there are some who lack the space to work on their vehicles or the knowledge.

View attachment 280105 View attachment 280105 View attachment 280106
This is what morons with no life and way too much time do
1858a35a7388088b571077c0c9955e29.jpg

Wrecking a fine vehicle makes sense to little kids like you right
DSC00982s-1.jpg

I can afford it and I can fix what I break.
Just admit you lied about your off road experience.

Again the design is to dupe dumb Americans that are plentiful

Back in the day I also had a 92 full size Blazer with the off road package. Still have it actually, though it's not on the road at the moment. Went up the side of a mountain once, just because it was there, then the trail petered out and I had to do a k turn in-between the trees and rock outcrop. All in all it was a beautiful 20 minute k turn, not one of my brightest moments, but hey I did a k turn on the side of a mountain. I grew up there too, some never do

Yet it seems odd that you proclaim proficiency in off roading when you deny the abilities of factory purpose built off road trucks?

I mean I do all my own lifts and what not but there are some who lack the space to work on their vehicles or the knowledge.

DSC00982s-1.jpg

Why lie I have a sport model 92K blazer in my driveway, I also have 5 dogs that have been in national forest in multiple states.

This is my model and color exactly, now I have a Nissan Pathfinder 4x4

1992-4wd-chevrolet-k5-blazer-sport-119k-orig-miles-4.jpg

• No sentient human being could believe that GM’s wages--estimated at $63 per hour including all benefits--are not much more generous than those enjoyed by the average U.S. blue collar worker.
  • The UAW has an extraordinarily generous healthcare plan, with workers covering 3-5% of their healthcare costs versus 30-35% for the average American worker.
  • GM paid a $10,750 profit-sharing bonus to eligible workers in February and is now offering an $8,000 “approval bonus” to UAW workers to ratify the company’s new contract proposal.
  • In terms of job security, GM has even, puzzlingly, offered to produce electric pickup trucks (Hamtramck) and electric batteries (Lordstown) in two of the four “unallocated” plants that have been the subject of so much discussion from President Trump to local unions.

Used to go up and see my uncle in Excelsior Springs Missouri and he had a bunch of local dudes do all the sweat labor on his 40 acres.
They all worked at the Ford plant and made in excess of 140k working the assembly lines. Of course that doesnt include benefits.
Imagine living in podunk Missouri and making that kind of money.
These MFers need to STFU and thank their lucky stars!

DSC00982s-1.jpg

Why lie I have a sport model 92K blazer in my driveway, I also have 5 dogs that have been in national forest in multiple states.

Sorry about he pathfinder......

Used to go up and see my uncle in Excelsior Springs Missouri and he had a bunch of local dudes do all the sweat labor on his 40 acres.
They all worked at the Ford plant and made in excess of 140k working the assembly lines. Of course that doesnt include benefits.
That is why you bought a Toyota and brag about it. You are about as bright as the nerd I saw driving off my Son's submarine base driving a Mitsubishi. I wonder if these turds know how long Mitsubishi has been building vehicles

Toyota was there too bye the way champ
Carrier_shokaku.jpg

DSC00982s-1.jpg

Don't be it's an S, has the same engine, frame and suspension of the version that was 20 grand more. You should be sorry about the mileage you get with the Tundra and those knobby off road Exxon designed tires.

LOL

That is why you bought a Toyota and brag about it. You are about as bright as the nerd I saw driving off my Son's submarine base driving a Mitsubishi. I wonder if these turds know how long Mitsubishi has been building vehicles

Carrier_shokaku.jpg

Response doesnt fit the post.....ignored.

DSC00982s-1.jpg

Don't be it's an S, has the same engine, frame and suspension of the version that was 20 grand more. You should be sorry about the mileage you get with the Tundra and those knobby off road Exxon designed tires.

LOL

It has a 38 gallon tank....no worries.

Carrier_shokaku.jpg

Response doesnt fit the post.....ignored.

Actually you did respond genius...……………….

DSC00982s-1.jpg

LOL

Yea no worries for Exxon...…………………………….

Jesus you are easy

LOL

Jesus you are easy

I worked in the oil and gas industry and hold stocks.
If the price goes up? I'm happy as fuck!!!!
Besides,I can easily afford a hundred bucks a week on gas for my truck.

LOL

Jesus you are easy

I own three SUV's, and three cars and I do not spend a hundred bucks a week...…………..

You tell yourself how bright you are.

Stocks? I own stocks on 6 continents, and in the companies that made the chips you are using now, oh and an Apple orchard as well

LOL

Jesus you are easy

I own three SUV's, and three cars and I do not spend a hundred bucks a week...…………..

You tell yourself how bright you are.

Stocks? I own stocks on 6 continents, and in the companies that made the chips you are using now, oh and an Apple orchard as well

Yet you cant afford gas?

OMG! :laughing0301:

"General Motors stopped paying for health care coverage for striking workers Tuesday, the company confirmed. That means striking GM union workers are eligible for union-paid COBRA to continue their health care benefits..."

Sources: GM offers 2% raises in UAW contract, ends health care

There is no money coming in right now, production has ended.

No money to pay for this at this point in time.

My guess is that GM is "self insured" and maintains an employee health fund that pays claims directly like a lot of big employers.

Continuing health care for workers who aren't working deprives those who are working from these funds.

I can't imagine people are lined up to buy crappy GM products. A quick search confirmed what I suspected, the company needn't be in any hurry to settle with the union...

Traditionally, employers build up their inventories when they know a strike is around the corner. HC Frick was running 24/7 in the 2nd quarter of 1892 because he knew production would be down in the 3rd Quarter.

"General Motors stopped paying for health care coverage for striking workers Tuesday, the company confirmed. That means striking GM union workers are eligible for union-paid COBRA to continue their health care benefits..."

The workers don't want JUST a raise. They want GM to bring back the jobs they shipped to Mexico...I stand with the workers. EVERY true American should.

I don't go to Chipotle anymore, because it's too expensive. The workers at Chipotle can strike, and scream, and protest, and march around until the end of time.

I'm not spending almost $8 for a cheap burrito. I'm not doing it. end of story.

The unions workers can march around until the end of time. If the labor in the US costs too much, the jobs move to where it doesn't cost too much.

That's how things work.

The problem with Unions, and people like you who support the unions, is that you never put yourself in the position of the buyer. You are always the person selling your labor.

But if you flipped this around, you would never think this way.

If you needed to hire a baby sitter, and the baby sitter protested that she needed $400 a night... you would simply not hire a baby sitter, or you would hire a cheaper baby sitter. But you wouldn't be standing there saying "I stand with the workers. EVERY true American should" when it's you shelling out $400 to have a teenager hit play on netflix, and talk with her boyfriend on a phone for 2 hours.

Equally if you had the guy changing the oil in your car, demand $100 to change your oil, you would go to jiffy lube, or some other cheaper place, or simply change the oil yourself. You would never sit there and say "I stand with the workers. EVERY true American should" if you were the one shelling out $100, to have a guy twist a single bolt on and off, and pour oil in the engine.

It's really easy to shout how people should be paid more, when you yourself are not the ones paying the price.

But here's the kicker, you actually are paying the price. If GM really gave out tons more in pay, that would reflect in higher priced cars. Would you yourself pay $28,000 for Malibu? Especially if Toyota and Subaru with comparable Camry and Legacy, were both still charging $24,000? And the answer is you likely would not.

Even if you specifically might do so out of some dedication to the Unions, most Americans are not going to pay a premium just for a Union car, when comparable alternatives are cheaper while almost identical.

The result would be that GM would leave that market. Resulting in Union employees that currently complain about how much they are being paid... earning nothing, because they are unemployed.

The workers don't want JUST a raise. They want GM to bring back the jobs they shipped to Mexico...I stand with the workers. EVERY true American should.

I don't go to Chipotle anymore, because it's too expensive. The workers at Chipotle can strike, and scream, and protest, and march around until the end of time.

I'm not spending almost $8 for a cheap burrito. I'm not doing it. end of story.

The unions workers can march around until the end of time. If the labor in the US costs too much, the jobs move to where it doesn't cost too much.

That's how things work.

The problem with Unions, and people like you who support the unions, is that you never put yourself in the position of the buyer. You are always the person selling your labor.

But if you flipped this around, you would never think this way.

If you needed to hire a baby sitter, and the baby sitter protested that she needed $400 a night... you would simply not hire a baby sitter, or you would hire a cheaper baby sitter. But you wouldn't be standing there saying "I stand with the workers. EVERY true American should" when it's you shelling out $400 to have a teenager hit play on netflix, and talk with her boyfriend on a phone for 2 hours.

Equally if you had the guy changing the oil in your car, demand $100 to change your oil, you would go to jiffy lube, or some other cheaper place, or simply change the oil yourself. You would never sit there and say "I stand with the workers. EVERY true American should" if you were the one shelling out $100, to have a guy twist a single bolt on and off, and pour oil in the engine.

It's really easy to shout how people should be paid more, when you yourself are not the ones paying the price.

But here's the kicker, you actually are paying the price. If GM really gave out tons more in pay, that would reflect in higher priced cars. Would you yourself pay $28,000 for Malibu? Especially if Toyota and Subaru with comparable Camry and Legacy, were both still charging $24,000? And the answer is you likely would not.

Even if you specifically might do so out of some dedication to the Unions, most Americans are not going to pay a premium just for a Union car, when comparable alternatives are cheaper while almost identical.

The result would be that GM would leave that market. Resulting in Union employees that currently complain about how much they are being paid... earning nothing, because they are unemployed.

I really hope the liberals (and the Trump supporters) on the board actually read your post, and give it some thought. It's nothing controversial or ideological. It's just the way economics work. It's the way people are. It's not good or bad, just reality.

Forum List

Back