God Bless Chris Kyle

Killed those who befriended him...
:eek:
Iraq veteran charged in fatal shooting of ex-Navy SEAL, author
February 3, 2013 -- An Iraq War veteran charged with murdering former Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle and a friend turned a gun on the pair while they were at a Texas shooting range, authorities said Sunday.
Eddie Ray Routh, of Lancaster, was arraigned early Sunday in the deaths of Kyle, who wrote the best-selling book "American Sniper," and Chad Littlefield, 35. They were killed at a shooting range at Rough Creek Lodge, about 50 miles southwest of Fort Worth. Travis Cox, the director of a nonprofit Kyle helped found, told The Associated Press on Sunday that Kyle, 38, and Littlefield had taken Routh to the range to try to help him. Littlefield was Kyle's neighbor and "workout buddy," Cox said. "What I know is Chris and a gentleman - great guy, I knew him well, Chad Littlefield - took a veteran out shooting who was struggling with PTSD to try to assist him, try to help him, try to, you know, give him a helping hand, and he turned the gun on both of them, killing them," Cox said.

Capt. Jason Upshaw with the Erath County Sheriff's Office said Routh had not made any comments that might indicate a motive. "I don't know that we'll ever know. He's the only one that knows that," Upshaw said. Sheriff Tommy Bryant said Routh was unemployed and "may have been suffering from some type of mental illness from being in the military himself." Bryant didn't know whether Routh was on any medication or had been diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder. Routh was being held on one charge of capital murder and two charges of murder.

Upshaw said Routh used a semi-automatic handgun, which authorities later found at his home. Upshaw said ballistics tests weren't complete Sunday, but authorities believe it was the gun used in the shootings. Upshaw declined to give any more details about the gun. The U.S. military confirmed Sunday that Routh was a corporal in the Marines, serving in active duty from 2006 to 2010. He was deployed to Iraq in 2007 and Haiti in 2010. His current duty status is listed as reserve. Routh is being held on $3 million bond. Bryant said he believed Routh was in the process of seeking a public defender.

A knock on the door at Routh's last known address went unanswered Sunday. A for-sale sign was in front of the small, wood-framed home. Kyle's best-selling book, "American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History," detailed his 150-plus kills of insurgents from 1999 to 2009. Kyle said in his book that Iraqi insurgents had put a bounty on his head. According to promotional information from book publisher William Morrow, Kyle deployed to Iraq four times. Bryant said Kyle, Littlefield and Routh went to the shooting range around 3:15 p.m. Saturday. A hunting guide at Rough Creek Lodge came across the bodies of Kyle and Littlefield around 5 p.m. and called 911.

MORE

See also:

A glance at the life of Chris Kyle, ex-Navy SEAL
February 3, 2013 -- Decorated Iraq war veteran Chris Kyle, a former Navy SEAL and "American Sniper" author, was shot and killed at a Central Texas gun range on Saturday. Here's the legacy he leaves behind:
NAVY RECORD

Kyle enlisted in the Navy in February 1999 and was discharged on November 2009, military records show. During that time, he served four tours in Iraq received 14 different awards and decorations, including two Silver Stars, five Bronze Stars with Valor, and two Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals. "I didn't do it for the money or the awards. I did it because I felt like it was something that needed to be done and it was honorable. I loved the guys," Kyle told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram in 2012.

---

NICKNAMED `THE DEVIL'

Kyle wrote a best-selling book published in January 2012 detailing his 150-plus kills of Iraqi insurgents from 1999 to 2009. Kyle said in the book that insurgents had put a $20,000 bounty on his head. The website for his security training company said the Iraqis feared him so much they nicknamed him al-Shaitan, or "The Devil."

---

LOSS OF A HERO

Kyle's nonprofit, FITCO Cares, provides at-home fitness equipment for emotionally and physically wounded veterans. On Sunday, the organization's website read, "The Loss of a Hero," and said the foundation "will always carry the torch" for the military men and women.

---

FAMILY MAN

Kyle was married to Taya Kyle and had two children.

---

FROM COWBOY TO SHARPSHOOTER

I have CSPAN on silent. It is a reshowing of an interview with Chris Kyle. I look up and Chris, a little larger than life, is staring dead at me. Nearly jumped over the back of the couch.

What did I do to deserve such a fate I didn't really want to get involved in this thing
Someone handed me this gun and I I gave it everything yeah I gave it everything...

Last edited by a moderator:
Routh killed Kyle to steal his truck...
Records: Veteran had been in mental hospital
Feb 4,`13 -- The Iraq War veteran charged with killing a former Navy SEAL sniper and his friend on a Texas shooting range had been taken to a mental hospital twice in the past five months and told authorities he was suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, police records show.
Eddie Ray Routh, 25, also told his sister and brother-in-law after the shootings that he "traded his soul for a new truck," according to an Erath County arrest warrant affidavit obtained by WFAA-TV. Police said Routh was driving the truck of victim and ex-Navy SEAL Chris Kyle at the time of his arrest. Routh is charged with one count of capital murder and two counts of murder in the shooting deaths of Kyle, author of the best-selling book "American Sniper," and his friend Chad Littlefield at a shooting range Saturday in Glen Rose. He is on suicide watch in the Erath County Jail, where he's being held on $3 million bail, Sheriff Tommy Bryant said.

Routh, a member of the Marines Corps Reserve, was first taken to a mental hospital Sept. 2 after he threatened to kill his family and himself, according to police records in Lancaster, where Routh lives. Authorities found Routh walking nearby with no shirt and no shoes, and smelling of alcohol. Routh told authorities he was a Marine veteran who was suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. "Eddie stated he was hurting and that his family does not understand what he has been through," the report says. Routh's mother told police her son had been drinking and became upset when his father said he was going to sell his gun. She said Routh began arguing with them and said he was going to "blow his brains out."

Police took Routh to Green Oaks Hospital for psychiatric care. Dallas police records show Routh was taken back to the same mental hospital in mid-January after a woman called police and said she feared for Routh's safety. Green Oaks will not release patient information, citing privacy laws. Most people brought by police to the hospital are required to stay at least 48 hours.In another brush with authorities, Lancaster police in May responded to a burglary reported by Routh's mother that included nine pill bottles. Police say Routh was involved but no other details were available. Authorities say Routh, Kyle and Littlefield arrived at the sprawling Rough Creek Lodge about 3:15 p.m. Saturday, and a hunting guide called 911 about two hours later after discovering the bodies. Kyle and Littlefield were shot multiple times, and numerous guns were at the scene, according to the affidavit.

Routh drove to his sister's house, and told her he had killed two people and that he planned to drive to Oklahoma to evade Texas authorities, the affidavit said. Routh's sister then called police, and he was arrested after a short police pursuit in Lancaster. Jailers used a stun gun on Routh on Sunday night after he appeared ready to assault them when they entered his cell after he refused to return his food tray, the sheriff said. Then they put Routh in a chair that restrains his arms and legs in his solitary confinement cell, Bryant said. Bryant said Routh has an attorney but hasn't met with him at the jail in Stephenville, about 75 miles southwest of Fort Worth. Attempts by The Associated Press to reach Routh's mother and sister were unsuccessful Monday.

MORE

See also:

Chris Kyle murder: Suspect Eddie Ray Routh subdued in jail
4 February 2013 - An Iraq war veteran charged with murdering an ex-US Navy Seal sniper has been restrained in his cell after becoming aggressive, say officials.
Texas jail guards said they used a stun gun on Eddie Ray Routh, 25, after he became belligerent and refused to hand back his food tray. He is accused of shooting Chris Kyle, author of 2012 bestseller American Sniper, and another man at a gun range. Mr Routh was reportedly suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Kyle, 38, is said to have been helping him deal with the condition. Erath County Sheriff Tommy Bryant said guards had used the stun gun after Mr Routh appeared ready to attack them. They had entered the suspect's solitary confinement cell because he had refused to return his food tray, added Sheriff Bryant.

Suicide watch

After using the stun gun once, prison officials put the accused in a chair that restrains the arms and legs. He is said to be on suicide watch after the incident. Mr Routh has been charged on two counts of murder and is being held on $3m (£1.9m) bail. The shootings occurred on Saturday afternoon at the Rough Creek Lodge range. The gunman then fled in a pick-up truck belonging to one of the victims, local media reported. A hunting guide found the bodies of Kyle and his neighbour, Chad Littlefield.

Sheriff Bryant said Mr Routh then travelled to his sister's home, telling her what had happened before leaving. She called the police and Mr Routh was arrested several hours later near his home in Lancaster, Texas, more than 70 miles (110 km) from the crime scene. Sheriff Bryant said the motive for the killings was unclear, but noted: "It's my understanding that the suspect may have been suffering from some type of mental illness from being in the military himself."

'The Devil'

Travis Cox, director of a non-profit organisation Kyle had helped found, told the Associated Press news agency that Mr Routh was suffering from PTSD and that Kyle and Littlefield were trying to help him. "Chris died doing what filled his heart with passion - serving soldiers struggling with the fight to overcome PTSD," Mr Cox said. Littlefield was Kyle's "work-out buddy" and volunteered his time with the veterans, Mr Cox said. Scott McEwen, who co-authored the book with Kyle, said: "It just comes as a shock and it's staggering to think that after all Chris has been through, that this is how he meets his end, because there are so many ways he could have been killed."

Kyle, a former cowboy, is regarded as the most prolific sniper the US has ever seen. Official Pentagon figures say he killed 160 people, but he estimated the total was 255. According to military intelligence, he was nicknamed the Devil by Iraqi insurgents, who put a $20,000 (£13,000) bounty on his head. "Every person I killed I strongly believe that they were bad," he told the BBC in an interview a year ago. "When I do go face God there is going to be lots of things I will have to account for, but killing any of those people is not one of them."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-21331016

Last edited:
Routh killed Kyle to steal his truck...
Records: Veteran had been in mental hospital
Feb 4,`13 -- The Iraq War veteran charged with killing a former Navy SEAL sniper and his friend on a Texas shooting range had been taken to a mental hospital twice in the past five months and told authorities he was suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, police records show.
Eddie Ray Routh, 25, also told his sister and brother-in-law after the shootings that he "traded his soul for a new truck," according to an Erath County arrest warrant affidavit obtained by WFAA-TV. Police said Routh was driving the truck of victim and ex-Navy SEAL Chris Kyle at the time of his arrest. Routh is charged with one count of capital murder and two counts of murder in the shooting deaths of Kyle, author of the best-selling book "American Sniper," and his friend Chad Littlefield at a shooting range Saturday in Glen Rose. He is on suicide watch in the Erath County Jail, where he's being held on $3 million bail, Sheriff Tommy Bryant said.

Routh, a member of the Marines Corps Reserve, was first taken to a mental hospital Sept. 2 after he threatened to kill his family and himself, according to police records in Lancaster, where Routh lives. Authorities found Routh walking nearby with no shirt and no shoes, and smelling of alcohol. Routh told authorities he was a Marine veteran who was suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. "Eddie stated he was hurting and that his family does not understand what he has been through," the report says. Routh's mother told police her son had been drinking and became upset when his father said he was going to sell his gun. She said Routh began arguing with them and said he was going to "blow his brains out."

Police took Routh to Green Oaks Hospital for psychiatric care. Dallas police records show Routh was taken back to the same mental hospital in mid-January after a woman called police and said she feared for Routh's safety. Green Oaks will not release patient information, citing privacy laws. Most people brought by police to the hospital are required to stay at least 48 hours.In another brush with authorities, Lancaster police in May responded to a burglary reported by Routh's mother that included nine pill bottles. Police say Routh was involved but no other details were available. Authorities say Routh, Kyle and Littlefield arrived at the sprawling Rough Creek Lodge about 3:15 p.m. Saturday, and a hunting guide called 911 about two hours later after discovering the bodies. Kyle and Littlefield were shot multiple times, and numerous guns were at the scene, according to the affidavit.

Routh drove to his sister's house, and told her he had killed two people and that he planned to drive to Oklahoma to evade Texas authorities, the affidavit said. Routh's sister then called police, and he was arrested after a short police pursuit in Lancaster. Jailers used a stun gun on Routh on Sunday night after he appeared ready to assault them when they entered his cell after he refused to return his food tray, the sheriff said. Then they put Routh in a chair that restrains his arms and legs in his solitary confinement cell, Bryant said. Bryant said Routh has an attorney but hasn't met with him at the jail in Stephenville, about 75 miles southwest of Fort Worth. Attempts by The Associated Press to reach Routh's mother and sister were unsuccessful Monday.

MORE

See also:

Chris Kyle murder: Suspect Eddie Ray Routh subdued in jail
4 February 2013 - An Iraq war veteran charged with murdering an ex-US Navy Seal sniper has been restrained in his cell after becoming aggressive, say officials.
Texas jail guards said they used a stun gun on Eddie Ray Routh, 25, after he became belligerent and refused to hand back his food tray. He is accused of shooting Chris Kyle, author of 2012 bestseller American Sniper, and another man at a gun range. Mr Routh was reportedly suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Kyle, 38, is said to have been helping him deal with the condition. Erath County Sheriff Tommy Bryant said guards had used the stun gun after Mr Routh appeared ready to attack them. They had entered the suspect's solitary confinement cell because he had refused to return his food tray, added Sheriff Bryant.

Suicide watch

After using the stun gun once, prison officials put the accused in a chair that restrains the arms and legs. He is said to be on suicide watch after the incident. Mr Routh has been charged on two counts of murder and is being held on $3m (£1.9m) bail. The shootings occurred on Saturday afternoon at the Rough Creek Lodge range. The gunman then fled in a pick-up truck belonging to one of the victims, local media reported. A hunting guide found the bodies of Kyle and his neighbour, Chad Littlefield.

Sheriff Bryant said Mr Routh then travelled to his sister's home, telling her what had happened before leaving. She called the police and Mr Routh was arrested several hours later near his home in Lancaster, Texas, more than 70 miles (110 km) from the crime scene. Sheriff Bryant said the motive for the killings was unclear, but noted: "It's my understanding that the suspect may have been suffering from some type of mental illness from being in the military himself."

'The Devil'

Travis Cox, director of a non-profit organisation Kyle had helped found, told the Associated Press news agency that Mr Routh was suffering from PTSD and that Kyle and Littlefield were trying to help him. "Chris died doing what filled his heart with passion - serving soldiers struggling with the fight to overcome PTSD," Mr Cox said. Littlefield was Kyle's "work-out buddy" and volunteered his time with the veterans, Mr Cox said. Scott McEwen, who co-authored the book with Kyle, said: "It just comes as a shock and it's staggering to think that after all Chris has been through, that this is how he meets his end, because there are so many ways he could have been killed."

Kyle, a former cowboy, is regarded as the most prolific sniper the US has ever seen. Official Pentagon figures say he killed 160 people, but he estimated the total was 255. According to military intelligence, he was nicknamed the Devil by Iraqi insurgents, who put a $20,000 (£13,000) bounty on his head. "Every person I killed I strongly believe that they were bad," he told the BBC in an interview a year ago. "When I do go face God there is going to be lots of things I will have to account for, but killing any of those people is not one of them."

BBC News - Chris Kyle murder: Suspect Eddie Ray Routh subdued in jail

Do you know that is the second time that has happened?
CK killed two from the hood trying to steal his truck in Dallas

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...9BCxPUxrOqY38UnawLhrk1w&bvm=bv.41934586,d.dmQ

This is why a friend of mine won't practice shoot at a firing range.

Yes, the saddest story for it happened to a true patriot and charitable man, who was living his life, giving to others. Sickening story.

Some want to point out how many people he killed. I wonder how many lives he saved.

RIP Chris Kyle. You were a hero in my eyes. I loved your interview with Bill O. and you came across as a very humble man.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU5MLcWXzfo]Navy SEAL Sniper Chris Kyle Tells O'Reilly: I Decked Jesse Ventura - YouTube[/ame]

Yes, the saddest story for it happened to a true patriot and charitable man, who was living his life, giving to others. Sickening story.

Some want to point out how many people he killed. I wonder how many lives he saved.

RIP Chris Kyle. You were a hero in my eyes. I loved your interview with Bill O. and you came across as a very humble man.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU5MLcWXzfo]Navy SEAL Sniper Chris Kyle Tells O'Reilly: I Decked Jesse Ventura - YouTube[/ame]

Read his book?
wow what a bad dude who saved countless lives

I guess he did a lot of good. I always found snipers to be somewhat cowardly though.

Still, how sad that he died in such an ironic way.

I guess he did a lot of good. I always found snipers to be somewhat cowardly though.

Well if you would read his book he was anything but a coward
He taught many Marines as well as Army KIDS how to stay alive by training them in real time real war events
He stated he got tired of watching un trained kids get killed by Al Qaeda in Iraq
They were trained, just not navy seal trained on the ways to enter a safe house full of Al Qaeda terrorist, as well as other groups such as Hezbollah

Read his book, it is an eye opener as to how so few give so much for so many

Medal of Honor recipient Marine Corps Sgt. Dakota Meyer rebukes putz Ron Paul...
:clap2:
Medal of Honor recipient questions lawmaker's tweet on SEAL's slaying
February 6, 2013 - What was Rep. Ron Paul thinking? As a combat veteran of both Iraq and Afghanistan, I read the news coverage surrounding Paul’s callous and inane comments about the death of a decorated Navy SEAL at the hands of another veteran with utter and complete disbelief.
I knew Chris Kyle, he was a friend and brother of mine. What was Rep. Paul thinking? Chris Kyle, a Navy veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan who received no less than seven heroism awards by serving as a sniper in combat saving hundreds of American, Coalition and Iraqi lives, is murdered at a gun range in Texas, and Rep. Paul says this via Tweet on Tuesday: “Chris Kyle’s death seems to confirm that ‘he who lives by the sword dies by the sword.’ Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn’t make sense.” Implicit in this statement it seems is the point that it’s literally OK now to murder our nation’s vets. It would be deserved, just desserts for American combat veterans. What?!

I suppose this logic would also apply to law enforcement officers as well since they take on a similar role within our shores of trying to defend and protect our citizens. With the recent spate of gun violence, Paul can certainly now be accused of inspiring other mentally unstable people to attack war heroes. Chris Kyle is a modern, American war hero. He is credited with more than 150 kills as a sniper in combat serving watch for American and Coalition forces in Iraq and Afghanistan since 9/11. He enlisted and served in the Navy SEALS from 1999 to 2009. Two Silver Star Medals, five Bronze Star Medals with a “V” for valor and heroism later, he gave up war and returned home to be with his wife and two small children in Texas and open a new chapter in his life.

The lives Chris took ensured many other American, European and other allied servicemen and women were able to return home to their families and loved ones. Sniper Chris Kyle was deeply feared by our enemies. He shot enemy snipers poised to kill our troops; he ambushed enemy militants laying in wait to ambush our forces; basically, he took 160 enemy lives and saved multiples on that number in terms of Americans who live today because of his skill and bravery. Chris Kyle certainly didn’t deserve to die this way, and we can only wonder what demons this other man who shot him was battling. But let’s at the very least wait until the police finish investigating and the facts come out, as they unquestionably will, before jumping to ridiculous conclusions and commenting on what we don’t know, can’t yet understand, and should leave to the authorities to sort out first. Right? Regardless, Rep. Paul’s Tweet was insane and further demonstrates to the rest of the country what seems now obvious: Washington is the problem. Ron Paul is the problem. People going off half-cocked and treating veterans with contempt are the problem.

Chris Kyle is no longer with us. But we — his brothers and sisters in arms — we fellow Americans are very much alive. As recent combat veterans adjust to re-integrate after the war, some of us struggle to make sense of our experiences and newfound realities. But there is one constant. We live each day for our fellow veterans and are tightly connected by our shared sacrifices. I have witnessed these sacrifices. While Chris Kyle is no longer here to defend himself, we are. And we are happy to ask Rep. Paul: “Sir, have you lost your mind?” Rep. Paul, retract your ridiculous statement about what befell Chris Kyle. Apologize to his memory, his family, his friends and we his brother and sister soldiers, sailors, Marines and airmen. Rep. Paul, make this right, and do it today.

Source

This event makes no sense
As do so many these
Chris Kyle survived Al Qaeda, protected countless 19 year old Marines only to be murdered for what seems to be a truck?
Makes no sense

Just curious,

Has Boy Wonder – our “father” – our fearless leader… yeah that’s right, I’m talking about that useless Commander in Chief Obama… has he bothered to say ANYTHING about Chris Kyles murder?

No… no he hasn’t…!

He certainly hasn’t neglected to send messages to other funerals…. Why has he not said a word about this heroes death?

I think its very obvious why... you make your own conclusions, because I certainly have.

Fuck that bastard, and fuck every one of you assclowns that voted for that prick!
:evil:

Shows just how ignorant you really are...

Bless your heart.

I feel bad for being so tough on you now... you cant help it, youre just plain stupid and dumb as a bag of hammers.

Forum List

Back