"God" is a tyrant.

You did say that all behaviors lead to equal outcomes, right?
Did I say that anyone should not be virtuous?
You said all behaviors lead to equal outcome. They don't. You know it too.
I know that behaviours, and outcomes have nothing to do with morality. You do too.
As soon as you acknowledge that not all behaviors lead to equal outcomes I will prove it does.
Nope. Not going to agree to your preconceived notion of how the world works. Sorry.
I am happy enough to make you look like an idiot all day long over this.

You did say that all behaviors lead to equal outcomes, right?
I know that behaviours, and outcomes have nothing to do with morality. You do too.
As soon as you acknowledge that not all behaviors lead to equal outcomes I will prove it does.
Nope. Not going to agree to your preconceived notion of how the world works. Sorry.
So then you don't believe that two caring people will have a better relationship than two cruel people?

Is that what they taught you in behavioral science?

Now, do all behaviours always result in the same outcomes? No. But here's the thing. The exact same behaviour from two different people may well result in two different outcomes.
We aren't talking about the exact same behavior though. That's my point. We are talking about diametrically opposed behaviors. According to you they would produce equal results. Of course that is an idiotic statement. We know that not all behaviors produce equal outcomes.
But that's just it. You want to believe that there is some cosmic moral balance sheet that makes sure "good" people (however you want to define that) get rewarded in this world, and "bad" people (however you want to define that) get punished. Sorry. That's just not how the real world works. There are people that I personally find repugnant that I see living very happy, very successful lives. Just as there are people I find quite virtuous who are miserable.

I am happy enough to make you look like an idiot all day long over this.
You haven't, yet.

So then you don't believe that two caring people will have a better relationship than two cruel people?

both relationships evolve without certainty for one or the other.

"Caring" according to whom, and by who's standard? "Cruel" according to whom, and by who's standard? What behaviour science taught me was not to judge people.

Now, do all behaviours always result in the same outcomes? No. But here's the thing. The exact same behaviour from two different people may well result in two different outcomes.
We aren't talking about the exact same behavior though. That's my point. We are talking about diametrically opposed behaviors. According to you they would produce equal results. Of course that is an idiotic statement. We know that not all behaviors produce equal outcomes.
But that's just it. You want to believe that there is some cosmic moral balance sheet that makes sure "good" people (however you want to define that) get rewarded in this world, and "bad" people (however you want to define that) get punished. Sorry. That's just not how the real world works. There are people that I personally find repugnant that I see living very happy, very successful lives. Just as there are people I find quite virtuous who are miserable.
So then you don't believe that two thankful people will have a better relationship than two thankless people?

Really? Did they teach you that in psychiatry 101?

"Caring" according to whom, and by who's standard? "Cruel" according to whom, and by who's standard?
Caring: displaying kindness and concern for others.

Cruel: willfully causing pain or suffering to others, or feeling no concern about it.

"Caring" according to whom, and by who's standard? "Cruel" according to whom, and by who's standard? What behaviour science taught me was not to judge people.
So then you don't believe that two humble people will have a better relationship than two arrogant people?

Seriously? Do you really believe that?

So then you don't believe that two thankful people will have a better relationship than two thankless people?

Thankfulness is not even a quality that I look for when I am counseling. so, I guess my answer would be no. Although,. since it is not a quality that I look for, I cannot give that answer with any certainty.

"Caring" according to whom, and by who's standard? "Cruel" according to whom, and by who's standard?

Cruel: willfully causing pain or suffering to others, or feeling no concern about it.

and yet you believe they are having a relationship ... the dishonesty is your own example.

You mean like the day care workers that everyone thought were the most wonderful, thoughtful people in the world, right up until they found them m olesting the kids? See? "Caring" is over rated. it is something that is easy to fake.

You mean like the couple I know who are in the BDSM lifestyle, and he is her Dominant, and she is his sub? Uh. yeah. They're deliriously happy. See? One person's cruelty is another's adoration.

Thankfulness is not even a quality that I look for when I am counseling. so, I guess my answer would be no. Although,. since it is not a quality that I look for, I cannot give that answer with any certainty.
That doesn't surprise me at all. You don't strike me as a thankful person. You do realize that being thankful is one of the keys to being happy right?

The happy secret to better work

You mean like the day care workers that everyone thought were the most wonderful, thoughtful people in the world, right up until they found them m olesting the kids? See? "Caring" is over rated. it is something that is easy to fake.

You mean like the couple I know who are in the BDSM lifestyle, and he is her Dominant, and she is his sub? Uh. yeah. They're deliriously happy. See/ One person's cruelty is another's adoration.
You must be an excellent psychiatrist, lol. You have just argued against being caring. I see you skipped right over being cruel with your fringe argument. Do you understand the concept of bias?

So you don't believe that two honest people will have a better relationship than two dishonest people?

Are you sure?

That doesn't surprise me at all. You don't strike me as a thankful person. You do realize that being thankful is one of the keys to being happy right?

No. Appreciating what you have is the key to being happy. You see, I actually knew what you meant. I was just hoping that you would get the hint that I had a problem, again, with your verbiage. You keep wanting to put things in your own, preconceived box. It doesn't have to be that way.

You mean like the couple I know who are in the BDSM lifestyle, and he is her Dominant, and she is his sub? Uh. yeah. They're deliriously happy. See/ One person's cruelty is another's adoration.
You must be an excellent psychiatrist, lol. You have just argued against being caring. I see you skipped right over being cruel.
Uh...no I didn't. You might wanna go back, and reread...

Or maybe you didn't understand. "You mean like the couple I know who are in the BDSM lifestyle, and he is her Dominant, and she is his sub? Uh. yeah. They're deliriously happy. See? One person's cruelty is another's adoration."

Lemme give you some visual aids:

1380930027.53378.jpg

512.jpg

Now do you get it?

You must be an excellent psychiatrist, lol. You have just argued against being caring. I see you skipped right over being cruel.
Considering that you just said that you believe that two cruel people will have as good a relationship as two caring people and justified it with ridiculous fringe arguments, not really. I got what I wanted from you.

Do you believe two dishonest people will have as good a relationship as two honest people?

No. Appreciating what you have is the key to being happy. You see, I actually knew what you meant. I was just hoping that you would get the hint that I had a problem, again, with your verbiage. You keep wanting to put things in your own, preconceived box. It doesn't have to be that way.
You are arguing with the experts on positive psychology. Not me. I'm happy enough to see you do that.

Considering that you just said that you believe that two cruel people will have as good as a relationship as two caring people and justified it with ridiculous fringe arguments, not really. I got what I wanted from you.

Do you believe two dishonest people will have as good as a relationship as two honest people?
Look, you are not going to get what you want, no matter how many different ways you ask. There is no cosmic moral balance sheet that makes "good" people live better than "bad". Period.

I'm done playing 20 questions,. If this is the extent of what you've got. I will just copy my position, and keep posting it, until you understand it.

Considering that you just said that you believe that two cruel people will have as good as a relationship as two caring people and justified it with ridiculous fringe arguments, not really. I got what I wanted from you.

Do you believe two dishonest people will have as good as a relationship as two honest people?

why not ask a couple of gypsy's ... they tussle day in day out.

Forum List

Back