"God" is a tyrant.

But that's just it. You want to believe that there is some cosmic moral balance sheet that makes sure "good" people (however you want to define that) get rewarded in this world, and "bad" people (however you want to define that) get punished. Sorry. That's just not how the real world works. There are people that I personally find repugnant that I see living very happy, very successful lives. Just as there are people I find quite virtuous who are miserable.
So then you don't believe that two thankful people will have a better relationship than two thankless people?

Really? Did they teach you that in psychiatry 101?
Thankfulness is not even a quality that I look for when I am counseling. so, I guess my answer would be no. Although,. since it is not a quality that I look for, I cannot give that answer with any certainty.
That doesn't surprise me at all. You don't strike me as a thankful person. You do realize that being thankful is one of the keys to being happy right?

The happy secret to better work
No. Appreciating what you have is the key to being happy. You see, I actually knew what you meant. I was just hoping that you would get the hint that I had a problem, again, with your verbiage. You keep wanting to put things in your own, preconceived box. It doesn't have to be that way.
You are arguing with the experts on positive psychology. Not me. I'm happy enough to see you do that.
You're arguing with 20 years of successful practice. I see no reason to change.

Caring: displaying kindness and concern for others.
You mean like the day care workers that everyone thought were the most wonderful, thoughtful people in the world, right up until they found them m olesting the kids? See? "Caring" is over rated. it is something that is easy to fake.

Cruel: willfully causing pain or suffering to others, or feeling no concern about it.
You mean like the couple I know who are in the BDSM lifestyle, and he is her Dominant, and she is his sub? Uh. yeah. They're deliriously happy. See/ One person's cruelty is another's adoration.
You must be an excellent psychiatrist, lol. You have just argued against being caring. I see you skipped right over being cruel.
Uh...no I didn't. You might wanna go back, and reread...
Considering that you just said that you believe that two cruel people will have as good as a relationship as two caring people and justified it with ridiculous fringe arguments, not really. I got what I wanted from you.

Do you believe two dishonest people will have as good as a relationship as two honest people?
Look, you are not going to get what you want, no matter how many different ways you ask. There is no cosmic moral balance sheet that makes "good" people live better than "bad". Period.

I'm done playing 20 questions,. If this is the extent of what you've got. I will just copy my position, and keep posting it, until you understand it.
Do you believe that two dishonest people will have as good a relationship as two honest people?

So then you don't believe that two thankful people will have a better relationship than two thankless people?

Thankfulness is not even a quality that I look for when I am counseling. so, I guess my answer would be no. Although,. since it is not a quality that I look for, I cannot give that answer with any certainty.
That doesn't surprise me at all. You don't strike me as a thankful person. You do realize that being thankful is one of the keys to being happy right?

No. Appreciating what you have is the key to being happy. You see, I actually knew what you meant. I was just hoping that you would get the hint that I had a problem, again, with your verbiage. You keep wanting to put things in your own, preconceived box. It doesn't have to be that way.
You are arguing with the experts on positive psychology. Not me. I'm happy enough to see you do that.
I hope you don't mind if I believe that you are lying. You have not shown much honesty.

You mean like the day care workers that everyone thought were the most wonderful, thoughtful people in the world, right up until they found them m olesting the kids? See? "Caring" is over rated. it is something that is easy to fake.

You mean like the couple I know who are in the BDSM lifestyle, and he is her Dominant, and she is his sub? Uh. yeah. They're deliriously happy. See/ One person's cruelty is another's adoration.
You must be an excellent psychiatrist, lol. You have just argued against being caring. I see you skipped right over being cruel.
Uh...no I didn't. You might wanna go back, and reread...
Considering that you just said that you believe that two cruel people will have as good as a relationship as two caring people and justified it with ridiculous fringe arguments, not really. I got what I wanted from you.

Do you believe two dishonest people will have as good as a relationship as two honest people?
Look, you are not going to get what you want, no matter how many different ways you ask. There is no cosmic moral balance sheet that makes "good" people live better than "bad". Period.

I'm done playing 20 questions,. If this is the extent of what you've got. I will just copy my position, and keep posting it, until you understand it.
Do you believe that two dishonest people will have as good a relationship as two honest people?
There is no cosmic moral balance sheet that makes "good" people live better than "bad". Period.

I hope you don't mind if I believe that you are lying. You have not shown much honesty.
I hope you don't mind that I don't care. You have not shown a great deal of intelligence.

This is what an expert looks like. You are a fake.

After spending twelve years at Harvard University, Shawn Achor has become one of the world’s leading experts on the connection between happiness and success. His research on mindset made the cover of Harvard Business Review, his TED talk is one of the most popular of all time with over 13 million views, and his lecture airing on PBS has been seen by millions. Shawn has lectured or worked with over a third of the Fortune 100 companies, as well as the NFL, the NBA, the Pentagon and the White House. Shawn is the author of New York Times best-selling books The Happiness Advantage (2010) and Before Happiness (2013). He has now lectured in more than 50 countries speaking to CEOs in China, doctors in Dubai, schoolchildren in South Africa, and farmers in Zimbabwe. His Happiness Advantage training is one of the largest and most successful positive psychology corporate training programs in the world. Shawn’s research has been published in the top psychology journal for work he did at UBS in partnership with Yale University to transform how stress impacts the body, and he recently did a two-hour interview with Oprah at her house to discuss his mission to bring positive psychology to the world.

Shawn Achor – Goodthink Inc.

I hope you don't mind that I don't care. You have not shown a great deal of intelligence.
Do you believe that two rude people will have as good a relationship as two polite people?

After spending twelve years at Harvard University, Shawn Achor has become one of the world’s leading experts on the connection between happiness and success. His research on mindset made the cover of Harvard Business Review, his TED talk is one of the most popular of all time with over 13 million views, and his lecture airing on PBS has been seen by millions. Shawn has lectured or worked with over a third of the Fortune 100 companies, as well as the NFL, the NBA, the Pentagon and the White House. Shawn is the author of New York Times best-selling books The Happiness Advantage (2010) and Before Happiness (2013). He has now lectured in more than 50 countries speaking to CEOs in China, doctors in Dubai, schoolchildren in South Africa, and farmers in Zimbabwe. His Happiness Advantage training is one of the largest and most successful positive psychology corporate training programs in the world. Shawn’s research has been published in the top psychology journal for work he did at UBS in partnership with Yale University to transform how stress impacts the body, and he recently did a two-hour interview with Oprah at her house to discuss his mission to bring positive psychology to the world.

This is what an idiot looks like:

59921.jpg

You're an idiot.

Do you believe that two rude people will have as good a relationship as two polite people?
There is no cosmic moral balance sheet that makes "good" people live better than "bad". Period.

You fear logic and reason because you know that logic and reason tell us that successful behaviors naturally lead to success and failed behaviors naturally lead to failure. I would think that someone who was claimed to be a behavioral scientist would understand the self evidence of this. Which is how I know that you are not what you claim to be.

made the cover of Harvard Business Review,

oh, bing's pinnacle of good behavior ... service was before brunch.

By the way. Since you have now called me a liar three times. Fuck off. Back to the ignore pile. This time for good. Every time I think that maybe you might have decided to be worth debating, you go and be a dick, and prove me wrong. If you are an example of what a Christian is, I am more thrilled now than ever that I am not one, and more determined than ever to never be one.

Do you believe that two vindictive people will have as good of a relationship as two forgiving people?

By the way. Since you have now called me a liar three times. Fuck off. Back to the ignore pile. This time for good. Every time I think that maybe you might have decided to be worth debating, you go and be a dick, and prove me wrong. If you are an example of what a Christian is, I am more thrilled now than ever that I am not one, and more determined than ever to never be one.
And a fraud and a fake. Don't forget that. You had no other play.

How does that make you feel, Bob?

If you are an example of what a Christian is, I am more thrilled now than ever that I am not one, and more determined than ever to never be one.

quite happy from the looks of it ... no doubt about the "if" and probably before time and space, good luck.

Forum List

Back