God is love

I think so.

Some people can' t accept any love because of pride.
Some people have misconceptions about the intentions of others.
I have a coworker who would rather go hungry than accept any help from the church.

Do you include the westboro baptist church in your circle of love?
west.jpg

Hauling out the Westboro Church as a measuring tool to compare all Christians by is akin to equating all the men in this country to Jeffrey Dalmer. It's an unfair comparison.

I asked Chuck if he claimed that he spoke for Christians when he claimed they stood for love. He claimed he did so I asked about the Westboro group. He gave me the standard No True Scotsman line.

Do I think the Westboro church is representative of Christian? I don't but I also don't see any evidence that being a Christian makes one a better person. Christians are just as bad (or good) as the rest of us.

west.jpg

Hauling out the Westboro Church as a measuring tool to compare all Christians by is akin to equating all the men in this country to Jeffrey Dalmer. It's an unfair comparison.

I asked Chuck if he claimed that he spoke for Christians when he claimed they stood for love. He claimed he did so I asked about the Westboro group. He gave me the standard No True Scotsman line.

Do I think the Westboro church is representative of Christian? I don't but I also don't see any evidence that being a Christian makes one a better person. Christians are just as bad (or good) as the rest of us.

I guess I will stop answering you because you obviously aren't interested in having a conversation since you are having a monologue.

We do, alang. Our neighbors have walls so there is only so much they will allow us to do for them and on top of that, the government taxes everything we have so it actually takes several families to help one person.

Are you speaking for all Christians? I don't think so, if we truly loved our neighbors they wouldn't need or want walls.

You wouldn't want a wall if your neighbors insisted on having sex in their backyard?

The only reason this question makes sense is because they don't. If we all went around having sex in public, no one would bat an eye. Actually our notions of privacy are a recent invention, we used to house whole families in a single room. Not much privacy available there. One might argue that making sex into a mysterious taboo is not healthy.

Until fairly recently I always wanted to become a rabbi and servant of the Jewish people, a holy man. But the more I studied on that path the more I began to notice the clergy isn't about glorifying God or the message or helping people but helping themselves. God's a great idea and thing to try and live our lives by, but when doing that is about getting money and being popular how is it any different than a corrupt politician secretly passing laws that benefit his richest campaign donors, while screwing over everyone else? We need to seperate ourselves from our faith in GOd and our religious identities.

God isn't Jewish, or Christian, or Muslim. Human beings invented every religion ever. And it's reasonable life elsewhere in the universe if also created by God has religions they came up with. So clinging to any 1 religion like it's the beginning and end of the matter about God is foolish.

I reject all religions. They often have good things about them, but when we identify as one, since they most always exclude every other (if Christian, everyone who isn't is "bad") I'd rather just be a good and useful memeber of society independent of any religious identity. It's like identifying as a democrat, you're immediately at odds with everyone who isn't. I'd rather be part of everyone and everything, not just a part of some small slice of humanity.

God is love. But religions are bullshit.

I think so.

Some people can' t accept any love because of pride.
Some people have misconceptions about the intentions of others.
I have a coworker who would rather go hungry than accept any help from the church.

west.jpg

Westborough Baptist Church represents 0% of the population so it shouldn't be 100% of the conversation or representation of Christianity. They are painting with a broad brush when Christianity is multi-faceted.

Until fairly recently I always wanted to become a rabbi and servant of the Jewish people, a holy man. But the more I studied on that path the more I began to notice the clergy isn't about glorifying God or the message or helping people but helping themselves. God's a great idea and thing to try and live our lives by, but when doing that is about getting money and being popular how is it any different than a corrupt politician secretly passing laws that benefit his richest campaign donors, while screwing over everyone else? We need to seperate ourselves from our faith in GOd and our religious identities.

God isn't Jewish, or Christian, or Muslim. Human beings invented every religion ever. And it's reasonable life elsewhere in the universe if also created by God has religions they came up with. So clinging to any 1 religion like it's the beginning and end of the matter about God is foolish.

I reject all religions. They often have good things about them, but when we identify as one, since they most always exclude every other (if Christian, everyone who isn't is "bad") I'd rather just be a good and useful memeber of society independent of any religious identity. It's like identifying as a democrat, you're immediately at odds with everyone who isn't. I'd rather be part of everyone and everything, not just a part of some small slice of humanity.

Acts 17:26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.

He made the one man and they all lived and eventually some migrated from Africa. Consequently, Man made all the nations and peoples, not God.

Instead of using a religious book to support our points, we should rely on anything and everything but. Moment you make your case with 'something in the Tanach, Bible, or Qur'an says...' everyone who isn't a member of the religion which uses that book starts rolling their eyes. I don't need a holy text to support my assertion of "it's better to be nice than mean." But if I use the Bible say where it says something along those lines, everyone who doesn't rely on the BIble isn't gonna care what I said or how true it is, it's from a different religion. And that'll be the extent of their attention.

Wanna serve God and everyone's best interests do so independent of any religion.

Ever wonder why if 'God is love' his earthly representatives are also the biggest pricks? Every religion's clergy are the most intolerant, our way or the highway, join us or die/go to hell, obey us and don't ask questions or die/go to hell, etc. Where's the love part? It's like how the US constantly beats its chest saying how free we are despite all kinds of evidence to the contrary.

Some more than others. I grew up Greek orthodox. I never once heard a priest talk about people going to hell. Never talked about gays or abortion either. I'm sure they don't approve but it wasn't their main focus or even their 10th or 20th concern.

But no matter how nicely they put a lie, it's still a lie. And I don't think they are liars. I think they believe the lie.

Anyways, the religious poeple you are referring to start off telling people about the love but if they get any push back they have to resort to the threats and fear because quite honestly they are asking you to have blind faith in the unbelievable.

I'm just amazed at how many people fall for it.

Feel free to offer evidence of all the times I responded to challenges to my belief system with fear and threats.

Wait, you can't, which just proves you are the one with the problem. I believe I pointed that out to you in another thread, and you didn't understand the point. Maybe you will now.

It's hard to keep you guys straight. I wish you would all get together, decide what you all agree on and throw the rest out so we can then know what you do and don't believe.

It should be three:

Atheist don't believe
Agnostics don't know
Theists know.

But what is it you know? You all seem to believe different fairy tales.

west.jpg

Here is the difference. One group seeks forgiveness, and receives it because of Christ's goodness, not because we are bad or good.
Everyone is offered that option.

Last edited:
Here is the difference. One group seeks forgiveness, and receives it because of Christ's goodness, not because we are bad or good.

Everyone? What about those that lived before Jesus? What about those who live in Muslim countries where they grow up never learning about Jesus?

If a Jew lived in Jerusalem in 100 BC and kept Mosaic law he would get into heaven. If a Jew lived in Jerusalem in 100 AD and kept Mosaic law would he still get into heaven or had the rules of the game changed?

Are you speaking for all Christians? I don't think so, if we truly loved our neighbors they wouldn't need or want walls.

You wouldn't want a wall if your neighbors insisted on having sex in their backyard?

The only reason this question makes sense is because they don't. If we all went around having sex in public, no one would bat an eye. Actually our notions of privacy are a recent invention, we used to house whole families in a single room. Not much privacy available there. One might argue that making sex into a mysterious taboo is not healthy.

No one would bat an eye?

What fucking planet do you live on? Sex in public is illegal everywhere in the US, even San Francisco. People bat eyes at it all the fucking time because the majority of the population, especially the progressive left that hates Christians, is a bunch of prudes. Maybe you should consider considering reality before you try to trash other people's beliefs.

The more you studied the dumber you got? Did you ever consider the possibility that you should seek other teachers if you disagreed with the ones you had? Did you ever consider the possibility that the fault might lie with your personal bigotry and hatred?

Some more than others. I grew up Greek orthodox. I never once heard a priest talk about people going to hell. Never talked about gays or abortion either. I'm sure they don't approve but it wasn't their main focus or even their 10th or 20th concern.

But no matter how nicely they put a lie, it's still a lie. And I don't think they are liars. I think they believe the lie.

Anyways, the religious poeple you are referring to start off telling people about the love but if they get any push back they have to resort to the threats and fear because quite honestly they are asking you to have blind faith in the unbelievable.

I'm just amazed at how many people fall for it.

Feel free to offer evidence of all the times I responded to challenges to my belief system with fear and threats.

Wait, you can't, which just proves you are the one with the problem. I believe I pointed that out to you in another thread, and you didn't understand the point. Maybe you will now.

It's hard to keep you guys straight. I wish you would all get together, decide what you all agree on and throw the rest out so we can then know what you do and don't believe.

It should be three:

Atheist don't believe
Agnostics don't know
Theists know.

But what is it you know? You all seem to believe different fairy tales.

Wow.

First you complain that we are all mindless drones, then you complain when we aren't.

My advice to you is that you educate yourself, don't expect me to explain all the diversity in the world, I haven't got the time to waste on idiots that complain about people not fitting into boxes.

Everyone? What about those that lived before Jesus? What about those who live in Muslim countries where they grow up never learning about Jesus?

If a Jew lived in Jerusalem in 100 BC and kept Mosaic law he would get into heaven. If a Jew lived in Jerusalem in 100 AD and kept Mosaic law would he still get into heaven or had the rules of the game changed?

Everybody. I know that because Christ paid the debt for everybody, not a select few.
There is no country where the gospel isn't preached. Where it hasn't been in the past, "Forgive them for they know not what they do", applies.

No, a Jew that lived in 100 BC and tried to keep the law could not get into heaven. Because no Jew was ever able to perfect himself through the law. But instead, those who favored God, went to Abraham's Bosom to await Christ. It is where Christ went for 3 days following His death on the cross, and who He brought back with Him.

The Jew that lived in 100 AD would not go to Heaven based on his performance according to the Law, but under the substitute of the sacrifice God judged in his place, or by accepting Christ as their Messiah.

And yes, the rules have changed. We are under the covenant of Jesus. We have a Father again. Not a Judge. Love has replaced Law. :eusa_angel:

No one would bat an eye?

What fucking planet do you live on? Sex in public is illegal everywhere in the US, even San Francisco. People bat eyes at it all the fucking time because the majority of the population, especially the progressive left that hates Christians, is a bunch of prudes. Maybe you should consider considering reality before you try to trash other people's beliefs.

There are cultures other than that of the USA and some of them are fine with public nudity and, if I recall my college anthropology, public sex. If other cultures can accept it, ours could to I think. It was an observation not something I advocate.

Exactly what beliefs did I trash?

Everybody. I know that because Christ paid the debt for everybody, not a select few.
There is no country where the gospel isn't preached. Where it hasn't been in the past, "Forgive them for they know not what they do", applies.

No, a Jew that lived in 100 BC and tried to keep the law could not get into heaven. Because no Jew was ever able to perfect himself through the law. But instead, those who favored God, went to Abraham's Bosom to await Christ. It is where Christ went for 3 days following His death on the cross, and who He brought back with Him.

The Jew that lived in 100 AD would not go to Heaven based on his performance according to the Law, but under the substitute of the sacrifice God judged in his place, or by accepting Christ as their Messiah.

And yes, the rules have changed. We are under the covenant of Jesus. We have a Father again. Not a Judge. Love has replaced Law. :eusa_angel:

That is your God of love? He chooses to create imperfect people and then gives them a set a laws he knows they will not be able to follow. Then He waits thousands of years to replace the laws. Under this new covenant we're supposed to know that Jesus is God or we end up in hell. This, even though his followers, those who listened to him preach and saw him work miracles, did not know who he really was.

No one would bat an eye?

There are cultures other than that of the USA and some of them are fine with public nudity and, if I recall my college anthropology, public sex. If other cultures can accept it, ours could to I think. It was an observation not something I advocate.

Exactly what beliefs did I trash?

Name them, keeping in mind that we are talking about the 21st century, not the Middle Ages.

God is not a "God of love". Perhaps you fools have the Highest God confused with Aphrodite or Cupid.

Last edited:
YES!!===1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.

1 John 4:10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins.

1 John 4:9 By this the love of God was manifested in us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him.

1 John 4:11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

1 John 4:12 No one has beheld God at any time; if we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us.

Forum List

Back