God is necessary for morality to survive | Polichickster v Dante

Funny thing.. An asian is my only "unfulfilled fantasy".. Any takers :)
I know how to get "political" hehe
:eusa_angel:

PC go get a thread you claim to have won the debate in pretty please?

Wow....that was so nice of you to ask! (check is in the mail)

OK....here's a teaser:

Quote: Originally Posted by Dante
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalChic
God is necessary for morality to survive.
According to you there was no morality before a god. Interesting. Or there was always morality because there was always a god. More interesting.

We know that at one point man's ancestors started to bury their dead with symbolic items...the Bear Caves in Europe. Was Jesus' dad teaching mankind how to pray at this time? Was man learning to identify himself with others...compassion?

Quote:
see Dante's profile image "Thou art that"
We do know at some point mankind cared for each other because we find signs that early mankind is traveling with injured or crippled family(?). Where these people ignorant of Jesus' dad, and if so why? If man was created in a god's image, that god must have been one fucking backwards troll

Me:
1. "According to you there was no morality before a god."
This is senseless. Morality pertains to mankind.
Without God, there is no moral demand placed on mankind.

2. "We know that at one point man's ancestors ..."
The understanding of God at issue is based on the Judeo-Christian concept.

3. "...at some point mankind cared for each..."
There can be good people at any place, or time.
Morality is important as a societal aspect.
Sans morality, we can expect the law of the jungle.

4. I understand the vulgarity as your response when you can't deal with what
you realize makes sense.

5. Dennis Prager once said something along these lines on his radio program:

If there's no God - making ourselves the source of ethics for everybody, or declaring that nobody can be the source of ethics for anybody, and therefore morality is, again, purely subjective.

Abortion may be legal, and a woman’s right….but this doesn’t it is ethically right. The Greeks believed in a version of same in which they placed deformed babies on the hillside. The reason I use the Greek example of ugly children is not because we do it today, but because they had reason on their side.

Reason supports a lot of things, as for example, a very liberal position on abortion. If there is no God, "Love your neighbor as yourself" is just a good idea. That's why it is written, incidentally, in Leviticus, "Love your neighbor as yourself, I am God."
I, God, tell you to be decent to other people.

So....did I whip 'em good?

OK....here's a teaser:

According to you there was no morality before a god. Interesting. Or there was always morality because there was always a god. More interesting.

We know that at one point man's ancestors started to bury their dead with symbolic items...the Bear Caves in Europe. Was Jesus' dad teaching mankind how to pray at this time? Was man learning to identify himself with others...compassion?

Quote:
We do know at some point mankind cared for each other because we find signs that early mankind is traveling with injured or crippled family(?). Where these people ignorant of Jesus' dad, and if so why? If man was created in a god's image, that god must have been one fucking backwards troll

Me:

you realize makes sense.

If there's no God - making ourselves the source of ethics for everybody, or declaring that nobody can be the source of ethics for anybody, and therefore morality is, again, purely subjective.

Abortion may be legal, and a woman’s right….but this doesn’t it is ethically right. The Greeks believed in a version of same in which they placed deformed babies on the hillside. The reason I use the Greek example of ugly children is not because we do it today, but because they had reason on their side.

Reason supports a lot of things, as for example, a very liberal position on abortion. If there is no God, "Love your neighbor as yourself" is just a good idea. That's why it is written, incidentally, in Leviticus, "Love your neighbor as yourself, I am God."

Link to the real thread?

OK....here's a teaser:

Quote:

Me:

you realize makes sense.

Link to the real thread?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/science-and-technology/277042-genesis-correlates-with-science-6.html

PC it doenst make sense.

try restating it in an understandable way.

your crap is so hard to read

Me:

take this stuff.

It only makes sense in a world of god myth.

There is no proof god exsists.

so if there is no god there is no morals in your veiw.

There are religions who dont have a god myth in them.

they have morals

Your just to brainwashed to think outside of your own myths

Neither believer nor un- can prove or disprove God exists or does not exist.

The understanding of ethics and morality exist independently of God.

And . . . both the atheist and the true believer have faith in their belief systems, thus both are religious.

The religious and unreligious true believers are a pain in the ass in a balanced, moral universe.

Neither believer nor un- can prove or disprove God exists or does not exist.

The understanding of ethics and morality exist independently of God.

And . . . both the atheist and the true believer have faith in their belief systems, thus both are religious.

The religious and unreligious true believers are a pain in the ass in a balanced, moral universe.

Once again you prove to be the leader of the "never informed, yet never in doubt" brigade.

Your statement is shown to be glaringly false when one considers the French and American revolutions.

1. The French Revolution is based on eradication of religion from the public arena, and replacing it with reason and science.
The result? A great nation turned into an abattoir.

a. While sharing many similarities, there was one glaring difference. The French were not Christian and attempted to introduce a godless humanistic government. The result is amply recorded in history books. Instead of the liberty, justice, peace, happiness, and prosperity experienced in America, France suffered chaos and injustice as thousands of heads rolled under the sharp blade of the guillotine.” Religion and Government in America: Are they*complementary? ? The Mandate

b. 'If the French revolution was the end of monarchy and aristocratic privilege and the emergence of the common man and democratic rights, it was also the beginnings of modern totalitarian government and large-scale executions of "enemies of the People" by impersonal government entities (Robespierre's "Committee of Public Safety"). This legacy would not reach its fullest bloom until the tragic arrival of the German Nazis and Soviet and Chinese communists of the 20th century.'
French Revolution - Robespierre, and the Legacy of the Reign of Terror

2. The American Revolution was grounded in Judeo-Christian traditions, and produced a nation based on religion.

a. "In a sense, the Jewish people have been re-born here, in the United States. The Founders rooted the new nation in the Bible. The Puritans, in fact, saw their endeavor as a re-enactment of Exodus. England was Egypt and America, the New Israel. The most quoted source was the Bible. Established in the original writings of our Founding Fathers we find that they discovered in Isaiah 33:22 the three branches of government: Isaiah 33:22 “For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; he will save us.” Here we see the judicial, the legislative and the executive branches. In Ezra 7:24 we see where they established the tax exempt status of the church: Ezra 7:24 “Also we certify you, that touching any of the priests and Levites, singers, porters, Nethinims, or ministers of this house of God, it shall not be lawful to impose toll, tribute, or custom, upon them."
Roger Anghis -- Bring America Back To Her Religious Roots, Part 7

Yeah, she always meows.

She possesses a monolithic mind, thus unable to contextualize and nuance. The Lord expects more of her, and the future perhaps may hold it for her.

A shame.

MORALS have been in all societies at any time in the world
G-D (which one )? has only been in society since the time man created him
So God didn't exist until Man thought of Him?

Sorta like "America didn't exist before Columbus discovered it?" :confused:
your confused cus your a fucking idiot i said man created him meaning to create - definition of create by the Free Online Dictionary ...
cre·ate (kr-t) tr.v. cre·at·ed, cre·at·ing, cre·ates. 1. To cause to exist; bring into being. See Synonyms at found 1. 2. To give rise to; produce: That remark ...
america was there we just had not found it yet it it was already created *in existance *
wake up fucking numnuts

Last edited:

Forum List

Back