God... Is Time.

Ehhhh, wrong.

Physics has proven that in time - there is a past, a present and a future.

No faith required, established dimension is established dunder head.

Physics proves that anything which "happens" in a physical universe requires passage of time. It cannot prove what it can't observe! How many times does that need to be repeated before you understand it?

What you are saying is really NO DIFFERENT than if I were saying: "Physics proves God exists now and forever!" I mean.... I can SAY that... I can get up on my rooftop and scream it at the top of my lungs from now til the day I die... it doesn't make it a true statement! And that's all you're doing here, repeating something that is just not factual and you've not supported with anything other than your wrongheaded opinion about physics.

Yes, yes it is. We can actually calculate a % PROBABILITY that future things will happen, using physics.

The closer to 100, the less faith.

What do you suppose the % chance is that physics predicts the movement of the earth within the next 5 minutes?

Id say 99.99999999999999% without having a physicist do the actual math.

Now, that means it takes 0.000000000001% faith.

Faith in god? Dont try and compare that, dunderhead. Laughable.

You equating a faith in physics with a faith in god is a stretch of epic proportions.

I didn't equate faith in physics with faith in God, but faith is faith. Physics cannot measure or evaluate what is non-observable... remember, that's the problem with physics and God? I am equating God with the moment of present time in terms of faith that is required to believe they exist. My faith is they both exist, but I can't prove either with physics because I can't observe them.

You cant equate the two.

One is probable, the other's probability isnt even calculable

Thats not a comparable faith, its simple above derp level thinking.

Yes, yes it is. We can actually calculate a % PROBABILITY that future things will happen, using physics.

The closer to 100, the less faith.

What do you suppose the % chance is that physics predicts the movement of the earth within the next 5 minutes?

Id say 99.99999999999999% without having a physicist do the actual math.

Now, that means it takes 0.000000000001% faith.

Faith in god? Dont try and compare that, dunderhead. Laughable.

You're still missing the point. 0,00000000000001% faith is STILL faith! A prediction is still a prediction of probability, not a conclusion of proven fact. All that physics can possibly evaluate is what is observable to physics in a physical universe. It can make predictions but predictions rely on faith in the prediction. Furthermore, what your physics is evaluating is remnants of time which already passed. We cannot prove our perception of reality is actual because we are unable to observe the present to confirm that belief. It requires faith.

You cant equate the two.

One is probable, the other's probability isnt even calculable

Thats not a comparable faith, its simple above derp level thinking.

Yes, you can equate the two because they both require faith. You say that one requires less faith but I disagree. Faith is still faith, regardless of amounts which are subjective. It's just as "probable" that God exists as the present existing as we perceive it. There is no physics to prove it because it cannot be observed.

No, something that is 99.999999999% likely to occur is above what id call faith but uh....you do you.

Id call that 0.0000000001% faith, 99.99_ actuality.

Whereas god requires 100% faith.

Not an apt comparison, a horrendous, childish one, even.

No, something that is 99.999999999% likely to occur is above what id call faith but uh....you do you.

No... something that is predicted to be 99.999999999% probable, is NOT A PROVEN FACT.

Faith is 100% faith all the time. It's because the word "faith" has a specific meaning and it's not something we can physically measure or calculate. You can "call that" whatever the hell you feel like calling it, that doesn't matter to physics.

Then no, i wouldnt call some occurance 99.9999999% probable as needing faith.

But i would call believing in god needing faith.

Well that's obvious, GT. The point of the OP is that humans living in a physical universe rely on faith. We cannot avoid it. As great as science and physics are, they are useless in evaluating things that can't be observed. You are trying to claim that probability is proven fact. This is a very dangerous way of thinking which has been the downfall of many-a-man. You know NOTHING about the future or if there will even be a future. Predict all you like, you cannot prove it with physics because you cannot observe it.

Like I pointed out... Something could happen to physical universes after 14.5 billion years, where they suddenly and abruptly dissipate and become æther. Physics cannot prove this doesn't happen or can't happen. Physics can't evaluate what it can't observe.

Again... We all rely on faith that our perception of reality in the present is indicative of an actual moment of present time which is non-observable to us until we perceive it in the past. There is no way around this because of physics. Time has to happen for things to happen. We can't be "aware" of anything without time passing and us becoming aware.

It's impossible for humans to observe the present. Physics has to happen in order to deliver a perception and that always takes time. Despite our inability to observe the present, three possibilities logically exist... 1) the present exists, 2) the present does not exist, and 3) the present exists but not as we perceive it. You can't prove which is true because you can't observe it.
And physics never depends on observation. Therefore there is a 4th option that physics depends on, "the present exists as we MEASURE it."

Physics may "predict" something, but YOU are interpreting a prediction to be accurate and exercising faith in the prediction.
Wrong again. Physics takes MEASUREMENTS to calculate the accuracy of its predictions. No faith involved in the calculations.

The entire universe could simply disappear before another second passes because that's what happens to physical universes every 14.5 billion years and we didn't know that.
BULLSHIT!
I predict the FUTURE, the universe WILL be here tomorrow!

Like I pointed out... Something could happen to physical universes after 14.5 billion years, where they suddenly and abruptly dissipate and become æther. Physics cannot prove this doesn't happen or can't happen. Physics can't evaluate what it can't observe.
When Bossy pontificates BULLSHIT, physics becomes impotent. :asshole:
Physics evaluates your crap as pure nonsense.

No... something that is predicted to be 99.999999999% probable, is NOT A PROVEN FACT.

Faith is 100% faith all the time. It's because the word "faith" has a specific meaning and it's not something we can physically measure or calculate. You can "call that" whatever the hell you feel like calling it, that doesn't matter to physics.
Based on the measurements of the motion of the universe, I predict with 100% certainty that the universe will still exist tomorrow.

Well that's obvious, GT. The point of the OP is that humans living in a physical universe rely on faith. We cannot avoid it. As great as science and physics are, they are useless in evaluating things that can't be observed. You are trying to claim that probability is proven fact. This is a very dangerous way of thinking which has been the downfall of many-a-man. You know NOTHING about the future or if there will even be a future. Predict all you like, you cannot prove it with physics because you cannot observe it.

Again... We all rely on faith that our perception of reality in the present is indicative of an actual moment of present time which is non-observable to us until we perceive it in the past. There is no way around this because of physics. Time has to happen for things to happen. We can't be "aware" of anything without time passing and us becoming aware.
Contingent reality requires no faith. As much time as you spend pontificating brings no one closer to your gawds as a requirement for our perception of the present.

Forum List

Back