Godless DemNazis Still Trying To Kill God.

The Original Tree

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2016
OHIO
Dems to strike 'so help me God' from oath taken in front of key House committee, draft shows

A key committee in the Democratic-controlled House of Representatives is moving to eliminate the words "so help you God" from the oath administered to witnesses testifying before the panel, as part of a new rules package expected to be approved this week, according to a draft obtained exclusively by Fox News.

The draft shows that the House Committee on Natural Resources would ask witnesses to recite only: "Do you solemnly swear or affirm, under penalty of law, that the testimony that you are about to give is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?"

The rules proposal places the words "So help you God" in red brackets, indicating they are slated to be cut. Other rules changes relate to expanding the committee's authority over natural gas in Alaska and fossil-fuel resources.

While many federal oaths include the phrase "So help me God," some -- most notably the presidential oath of office -- do not.

The full committee is set to vote on the new language this week, and the rules would take effect immediately if adopted. Other committees were still in the process of finalizing their rules on Monday.

FULL STORY AT THE LINK PROVIDED

Dems to strike 'so help me God' from oath taken in front of key House committee, draft shows

A key committee in the Democratic-controlled House of Representatives is moving to eliminate the words "so help you God" from the oath administered to witnesses testifying before the panel, as part of a new rules package expected to be approved this week, according to a draft obtained exclusively by Fox News.

The draft shows that the House Committee on Natural Resources would ask witnesses to recite only: "Do you solemnly swear or affirm, under penalty of law, that the testimony that you are about to give is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?"

The rules proposal places the words "So help you God" in red brackets, indicating they are slated to be cut. Other rules changes relate to expanding the committee's authority over natural gas in Alaska and fossil-fuel resources.

While many federal oaths include the phrase "So help me God," some -- most notably the presidential oath of office -- do not.

The full committee is set to vote on the new language this week, and the rules would take effect immediately if adopted. Other committees were still in the process of finalizing their rules on Monday.

it's what one does when one supports swearing on shit.

CoarseUnfortunateFinwhale-size_restricted.gif

It's also one of the primary foundations of society Communists attack when they take over. If you remember your history, when The Communists took over the first thing they did was ban religion, burn down some churches, or convert them in to Office Buildings for The Soviet Union Elites.

The literally tried to stamp out all existence and mention of God in The Soviet Union.

Only theocrats want to FORCE people to say an oath to their so-called god.

yep, and it's what civilization survives on. Morals, to which the left have zip. I know you all would prefer we swear to the leftist asses. why an oath at all? nothing, fk why even exist?

yep, and it's what civilization survives on. Morals, to which the left have zip.
So you think it's moral to FORCE people to say an oath to their
so-called god?

yep, and it's what civilization survives on. Morals, to which the left have zip.
So you think it's moral to FORCE people to say an oath to their
so-called god?
I think having a god is moral, yes. All civilizations through time have had a god. All of the sudden you all happen stance along and no need for gods any longer. How fking white of you! No, it isn't an accepted thing, God is needed in a society as already stated.

And no one forces anyone to say anything. The oath doesn't say my god. it just says god.

you fear god? he doesn't fear you either.

yep, and it's what civilization survives on. Morals, to which the left have zip. I know you all would prefer we swear to the leftist asses. why an oath at all? nothing, fk why even exist?
So people don't have morals unless they have a religion? Is that your assertion?

So people don't have morals unless they have a religion? Is that your assertion?
morals have been passed down through life cycles for centuries. the difference between right, wrong, truth and honest. yep. A belief in repercussion for our sins. you think there are no sins if there is no god?

It's also one of the primary foundations of society Communists attack when they take over. If you remember your history, when The Communists took over the first thing they did was ban religion, burn down some churches, or convert them in to Office Buildings for The Soviet Union Elites.

The literally tried to stamp out all existence and mention of God in The Soviet Union.

Pure nonsense! People in the Soviet Union were free to practice religion in any way they wanted. Maybe you should talk to people that lived in the Soviet Union before you start blathering your nonsense! I've known Russian Orthodox, Roman Catholics and Jews who all practiced their religion freely in the Soviet Union.

The only restriction was that religious people were not welcome in the Communist party.

But since the actual Soviet elections ran people who were "The alliance of Communists and Independents", religious people did hold office. Independents were allowed to run IF they were considered to be the best qualified.

Stop promoting the mindless hearsay that you've been raised on and try finding out the truth before you start your blathering!

Godless DemNazis Still Trying To Kill God.

Which God? There are thousands. Google it. The founders gave us a "Godless" Constitution by which we are governed.

How about "So Help Me Zeus"?

Last edited:
...We the People do ordain....

Trumpbots don't have a clue what those words mean......

I recently had a lib poster here at USMB say that I am screwed up believing in moral faith & that because of that they were going to pray for me. Lol. I asked “pray to whom?” Silence.

I think many of them are simply mentally ill on Koolaide & are no longer even able to grasp the meaning of language.

Just like when the Godless DemNazi founding fathers did NOT put “so help me God” in the Presidential oath? And banned religious tests for office in the Constitution?

Pure nonsense! People in the Soviet Union were free to practice religion in any way they wanted. Maybe you should talk to people that lived in the Soviet Union before you start blathering your nonsense! I've known Russian Orthodox, Roman Catholics and Jews who all practiced their religion freely in the Soviet Union.

The only restriction was that religious people were not welcome in the Communist party.

But since the actual Soviet elections ran people who were "The alliance of Communists and Independents", religious people did hold office. Independents were allowed to run IF they were considered to be the best qualified.

Stop promoting the mindless hearsay that you've been raised on and try finding out the truth before you start your blathering!
How many died

Here is what that Commie Jesus has to say about such oaths...

34 But I say to you, Do not take an oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God, 35 or by the earth, for it is his footstool, or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. 36 And do not take an oath by your head, for you cannot make one hair white or black. 37 Let what you say be simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything more than this comes from evil.

But what does He know about God...:21:

Forum List

Back