The thing about same sex marriage is that those who oppose it seem to think it will increase the number of homosexuals. It won't.

Homosexuals have been around since the beginning of mankind. The ones getting married did not just appear at the wedding. They have been here for years, even decades. Most of them have been in a committed relationship for a long time. Not allowing them to marry changes nothing.
Sure does. It cheapens the only true and proper definition of marriage.

Sure does. It cheapens the only true and proper definition of marriage.

Once again, absolute bullshit.

How does a marriage between 2 women being sanctioned by the gov't cheapen your marriage? Answer? It doesn't.

What cheapens marriage? People getting married in Vegas and having the marriage annulled 2 days later.
What cheapens marriage? People cheating on their spouses.
What cheapens marriage? Someone beating their spouse.

But even those only cheapen that marriage. Your marriage is your responsibility. You claim you are happily married. Good for you. But two men marrying does not change your marriage one iota.

No, but like was said, it shits on the institution of marriage.

No it doesn't. Having more people join together in love does not shit on anything.

And how does it affect the institution of marriage, but does not affect the individual marriage?

No it doesn't. Having more people join together in love does not shit on anything.

And how does it affect the institution of marriage, but does not affect the individual marriage?
Told ya how. Stop asking the same question.

Just as they have been working to water down Roe v. Wade , with restrictions on abortion, they continue to concern themselves with another, more recent decision, Obergfelle v Hodges which made same sex marriage the law of the land.

They are obsessed with people private lives and social issues, while purporting to be the party of freedom and individual responsibility.

While the country is facing numerous threats and problems both foreign and domestic, they can’t keep their noses out of people’s bedrooms. While they are hell bent on allowing Wall Street to run amok, and letting corporations pollute the planet, women, gays and other who they disapprove of must be tightly controlled.

While they are not actively seeking to overturn Obergefell- that know that even with a conservative SCOTUS- it would be a long road to hoe. So as with Roe, they are finding ways to water down the gains that have been made with respect to choice, privacy, and equality. Consider:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/opinion-signorile-georgia-adoption_us_5a9c23e7e4b0a0ba4ad45681

Adoption is only one of several fronts on which they are attacking:

I

Is that what God would want? These issues, along wth the myriad of so call "bathroom bills " aimed at trans people make it clear that the GOP is hell bent ogrn making life as difficult as possible for LGBT people in order to appease the religious right.
Get you filth out of our schools.

Told ya how. Stop asking the same question.

No, you didn't. You just keep repeating the same bullshit.

Did your marriage change when same sex marriages were allowed?

Did anyone's marriage change?

The fact is, having two people of the same sex live together because they love each other, and allowing those people to marry does not affect you at all.

No, you didn't. You just keep repeating the same bullshit.

Did your marriage change when same sex marriages were allowed?

Did anyone's marriage change?

The fact is, having two people of the same sex live together because they love each other, and allowing those people to marry does not affect you at all.
Lol, fag, keep deflecting, marry all the men you want, just stay away from normal people.

Thank goodness we don't allow your christian sharia to take over our secular laws.......even tho you keep throwing your sharia at us.

The US Constitution clearly states that "Congress shall make no law respecting a establishment of religion or prohibit the free exercise theoft"

Also last time people mixed religion with politics, people were burned at the stake, innocent women were accused of witches and killed and the various wars that were fought in the name of religion, like the crusades.

"God wills it" was a rallying cry during the crusades, but they said it in Latin.

But, thank goodness the Church no longer has as much power as it did during the dark ages.

Lol, fag, keep deflecting, marry all the men you want, just stay away from normal people.

The problem with your answer is that there is no "institution of marriage". There are people who married. Two people of the same sex who marry have absolutely no affect on other married couples. Just like other people divorcing has no affect on people's marriage.

So spare me the vague reference to the "institution" of marriage.

I'm a traditionally married white male Christian. Nobody yet has been able to explain how .0000000001 percent of marriages is somehow a threat to my marriage. I think some of you run around worrying about stuff like this. Psychos.

Once again, absolute bullshit.

How does a marriage between 2 women being sanctioned by the gov't cheapen your marriage? Answer? It doesn't.

What cheapens marriage? People getting married in Vegas and having the marriage annulled 2 days later.
What cheapens marriage? People cheating on their spouses.
What cheapens marriage? Someone beating their spouse.

But even those only cheapen that marriage. Your marriage is your responsibility. You claim you are happily married. Good for you. But two men marrying does not change your marriage one iota.
Actually it does. G-d only ordained the one right, true, and proper form of marriage, and that is one man-one woman for LIFE!!! All else is counterfeit.

Actually it does. G-d only ordained the one right, true, and proper form of marriage, and that is one man-one woman for LIFE!!! All else is counterfeit.

If you follow Christianity that is all well and good. The US gov't does not.

It used to. It should once again.

It never should have. The founding fathers did not intend for it to be.

And no, it should not be once again. I will fight for your right to worship as you choose. I will also fight against any attempt to make this a theocracy.

And no, it should not be once again. I will fight for your right to worship as you choose. I will also fight against any attempt to make this a theocracy.
But the thing is, totalitarians like you want us to keep silent about the Truth. We will not be silent, and we will put our people in positions of power to ensure that G-d is once again honored in this country.

We are seeing, all around us, the tragic consequences of forcing God out of essential parts of public life, and allowing Satan into the voids thus created. Certainly, that is not what the founding fathers intended.

We are seeing, all around us, the tragic consequences of forcing God out of essential parts of public life, and allowing Satan into the voids thus created. Certainly, that is not what the founding fathers intended.
For far too long, the Church sat on its hands playing "social club" while America began its downward cultural spiral. This is why we got the "right" to abortion, Sodomite "marriage", and soon, kiddie diddler "rights.

But the thing is, totalitarians like you want us to keep silent about the Truth. We will not be silent, and we will put our people in positions of power to ensure that G-d is once again honored in this country.

I am a totalitarian? Really? You obviously haven't read my posts. I am firmly in the favor of individual liberty.

And I have never said anything about you being silent. Not once.

I applaud you for honoring God. I respect your faith. But it is not everyone's faith. And it is not the government's faith.

Forum List

Back