Godspeed and Good Luck to our Friends in So FL

WaitingFor2020

Gold Member
Jul 24, 2016
New Orleans
Anyone here in South Florida or in the path of this storm? I hope all are safe. We are still recovering from the unnamed, monster, non-wind hurricane that hit LA last month. That is how the NWS has defined it now. Good luck if you are in the path of Matthew!

Many are sticking it out. Understandable, because the looters will be out, but not very bright.

I pray none of this happens...but how many stories do we hear about people who stayed for hurricanes and died. Your possessions are not more important than your life.

The hurricane will take care of the looters

• Banned
I would evacuate just for the sheer misery of the power outages that will occur before daylight tomorrow morning that could last for a week or so. In NOLA we head northwest and into Texas. Toxicmedia is correct, the hurricane will discourage looting.

Got kids there, safe so far.
Tell them to get out.

We went through the eye of Wilma twice. My daughter gave birth and my son went surfing on the golf course during that. Then we had a month without services of any kind. They won't leave for a category 4 a couple miles up the coast.

My son has the pets, their own and the ones they foster, and my daughter her business and her kids.

My daughter enjoyed when I had to drive 125 miles through gloria, she was laughing and clapping through the whole trip. Then she got to walk through the mud with plastic bags over her shoes. Mud was almost as deep as she was tall in some places at the time.

I guess some of me and my experiences rubbed off on them.

As of now, seems the eye will miss them, but they will get whipped by the tail

cell phones are down now

Forum List

Back