Goeser: How gun control helped a stalker kill my husband

See that's the whole point, these idiots don't want you to even have the potential to neutralize the situation with a gun.

They've decided that ONLY one guy dying is a satisfactory outcome. They've decided that no one else should even have an opportunity to alter the equation. They've decided that they know best for you.

Eggzzzactly!
I at least want a fighting chance.
You can bet if the chick had her pistol she would have been unsnapping and loosening it in the holster.

Yes, and it's possible she could have prevented him from getting off as many shots, and possibly saving her husbands life.

Of course unlike some of the others here, I don't know what the outcome would have been. I'm just saying it would have been nice to at least have had the opportunity to perhaps save yourself or a loved one.

And given this was a crowded bar it's possible she went to shoot the shooter and accidently shot others in the process. Did she even have a clear shot at him? Or maybe somebody else who didn't see the original shooter see's her shooting at some guy and shoots her? How exactly can you tell the good guy from the bad in a crowded and chaotic situation like this? We should be glad only one person got shot and killed because that's about the best you can hope for. Unarmed people took down the shooter so armed people weren't needed. I'm sure if any of these people had seen him pull the gun they would have jumped on him before he shot, but I don't think this guy gave anyone the opportunity to do anything.

Eggzzzactly!
You can bet if the chick had her pistol she would have been unsnapping and loosening it in the holster.

Yes, and it's possible she could have prevented him from getting off as many shots, and possibly saving her husbands life.

Of course unlike some of the others here, I don't know what the outcome would have been. I'm just saying it would have been nice to at least have had the opportunity to perhaps save yourself or a loved one.

And given this was a crowded bar it's possible she went to shoot the shooter and accidently shot others in the process. Did she even have a clear shot at him? Or maybe somebody else who didn't see the original shooter see's her shooting at some guy and shoots her? How exactly can you tell the good guy from the bad in a crowded and chaotic situation like this? We should be glad only one person got shot and killed because that's about the best you can hope for. Unarmed people took down the shooter so armed people weren't needed. I'm sure if any of these people had seen him pull the gun they would have jumped on him before he shot, but I don't think this guy gave anyone the opportunity to do anything.

She did have a CHL so she had some training. Cant really say what would have happened if she had been armed because I wasnt there.
But there is a good chance the assailant wouldnt have tried it if he knew she was armed.

She did have a CHL so she had some training. Cant really say what would have happened if she had been armed because I wasnt there.
But there is a good chance the assailant wouldnt have tried it if he knew she was armed.

The guy was obviously crazy. He shot a man dead in front of many witnesses. There is no doubt he is guilty and was either going to shoot himself or was prepared to go to jail for life. You think that guy would have been scared because people in the bar were armed? Really?

Eggzzzactly!

Yeah, what a relief the guy got killed.

The guy was obviously crazy. He shot a man dead in front of many witnesses. There is no doubt he is guilty and was either going to shoot himself or was prepared to go to jail for life. You think that guy would have been scared because people in the bar were armed? Really?

Good point. But the fact remains,if she had been armed he might not have had time to get off so many shots.

Yeah, what a relief the guy got killed.

Sad but true. As long as everyone can quickly and easily get a gun you can only hope it's not a mass shooting.

Good point. But the fact remains,if she had been armed he might not have had time to get off so many shots.

Have you fired a gun? Since he got the first shot off without anyone trying to stop him it was just a few more pulls of the trigger. His wife would have had to pull her gun, aim, wait for a clear shot.... How would she get a shot on this guy with people jumping on him to stop him?

Have you fired a gun? Since he got the first shot off without anyone trying to stop him it was just a few more pulls of the trigger. His wife would have had to pull her gun, aim, wait for a clear shot.... How would she get a shot on this guy with people jumping on him to stop him?

Have I fired a gun.....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You fire muskets then? Cause if you have fired a semi auto you'd know he'd have no trouble getting off several shots.

You fire muskets then? Cause if you have fired a semi auto you'd know he'd have no trouble getting off several shots.

More then likely yeah. But if she'd been armed you know she would have been ready for it.
And she would have had the satisfaction of sending him to hell with her own hand.

Sure thing right. I mean we all know that Stalkers tend to make very rational decisions and use lots of common sense.

More then likely yeah. But if she'd been armed you know she would have been ready for it.
And she would have had the satisfaction of sending him to hell with her own hand.

Or accidently shooting someone trying to get away who runs in the line of fire. Or misses one shot and somebody behind him gets it instead. Bullets go a long way when you miss. Sorry but more shooting would not have been good for this situation at all. But I'm glad you admit now the shooter couldn't have been stopped. Bringing up this example as if it proves more people need to carry was pretty dumb. If anything it shows the exact opposite.

Well then. I must have exposed the wicked underbelly of gun control. Why so quiet?

Because it's a retarded statement. The woman obviously said the man had never said anything threatening, had only made "inappropriate" comments on social media.

I doubt if she had her gun in her purse, her first reaction would be to plug the guy.

Well then. I must have exposed the wicked underbelly of gun control. Why so quiet?

Because it's a retarded statement. The woman obviously said the man had never said anything threatening, had only made "inappropriate" comments on social media.

I doubt if she had her gun in her purse, her first reaction would be to plug the guy.
She would have had to shoot first in this case. Even when the stalker showed up she hung around. Some people would call that kind of stupid.

According to FOX, the guy was shot point blank with a .45. He was dead at the first shot.
Or at least missing crucial parts of his body. And leaking a lot of blood.

If the guy was shot 5 or 6 times with a .45, what a mess to clean up.

But once again, a guy with no gun and big balls takes down a shooter.

Lets hear it for unarmed men with big balls.

An odd thing about humans, if one really wants to kill you, you are as good as dead regardless of what you do, unless you can get to them first. Case in point.

That's the biggest load of garbage I've ever heard. An odd thing here is, PMH, is that if you have a club, and another guy has a club, chances are he won't attack you for lack of an advantage.

Your logic is flawed.

Yeah, because in those western town, there were never any shootouts or gunfights.

Your logic and thread are shit.

According to FOX, the guy was shot point blank with a .45. He was dead at the first shot.
Or at least missing crucial parts of his body. And leaking a lot of blood.

If the guy was shot 5 or 6 times with a .45, what a mess to clean up.

But once again, a guy with no gun and big balls takes down a shooter.

Lets hear it for unarmed men with big balls.

Do we know where those first shots hit?

You can bet the guy who did the shooting was impaired. Had he known the women was armed he may have made a better decision while sober and left his gun at home.
How many times have you heard...The shooter went to his vehicle/home and returned with a weapon.
Whether or not that would have changed the outcome is moot. She and her husband still deserve the chance to defend themselves no matter the outcome.

Forum List

Back