Goeser: How gun control helped a stalker kill my husband

More people would have been shot for sure. How would that have been better? You can shoot your target 5 times easily before anyone can pull a gun and figure out just what is going on. Blaming gun control is just dumb, it probably kept the dead count to one.

Sorry, I forgot that you can see outcomes before they happen.

More guns shooting=more people shot. Just common sense.
And as usual, it isn't.
There are many more guns around today than 20 years ago. There are many fewer shootings.
QED.

Maybe if Tennessee had stricter gun control laws this stalker would not have had a gun.

If someone wants a gun and has the money to buy it...no law will prevent it....criminals all over the nation prove that....look at the states with the strictest gun laws on the books...has it helped? Of course not....well my bad....a argument could be and has been made that such laws actually help criminals because it is the law abding people who refrain from arming themselves when a particular states laws make it difficult to buy a gun.

Your argument is a old one...it has been made countless times and proved wrong countless times....but countless morons cling to that stupidity.

More people would have been shot for sure. How would that have been better? You can shoot your target 5 times easily before anyone can pull a gun and figure out just what is going on. Blaming gun control is just dumb, it probably kept the dead count to one.

Sorry, I forgot that you can see outcomes before they happen.

More guns shooting=more people shot. Just common sense.

Okay, remember that then if you ever find yourself confronted by a gun.

The bad guy didn't follow the rules and you, the good guy, wasn't allowed to equalize the situation.

F
I still think it's very unlikely. Several shots are fired before anyone can really react. We allow people to have very dangerous weapons. If somebody wants to kill you they will. If people had shot at this guy we would probably just have a higher body count.

Did we "allow" ? This guy wasn't supposed to be in there with a gun, and that's the whole point. We prevented the ones like this woman who already had a legal permit to carry to protect herself. Again, maybe if she had, she could have stopped this guy from say, getting off five shots, to only getting off two.
Maybe more people would have been shot, but maybe the dead man would have only been wounded.

Hey tell me what numbers to play for tomorrows lottery...since you can predict the future moron....bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Let us get real....anyone can make a prognostication regarding that incident...you can make a case her having a gun might have helped or as most on here are doing ...you can make a case that it would not have helped or it would have been worse......the fact is no one really knows.....everyone has a personal opinion based on their perception formed by personal belief systems.

Is there anything to be learned from this incident....I say about the only thing that can be learned from it is that anyone who knows someone is stalking them should be very,very careful and do not take it lightly.

What kind of man who knows someone is stalking his wife does not take appropriate action?....whilst I will not get into the possible things he could or should have done...the fact is he should have taken the strongest action possible...of course we all know that now using our 20/20 hindsight capabilities.

Instead of going on and on about how this case might have turned out if she had brought her weapon in.........I think a more positive discussion would be to suggest things the victims of stalkers could do to prevent such a thing or a similar thing happening to them.

Well then. I must have exposed the wicked underbelly of gun control. Why so quiet?

Why do you do this with so many of your posts?

People are not responding because you are a failure in general and they are waiting until someone who has something interesting to say chimes in. You are not compelling in any way.

To the topic....I call bullshit. Guns in bars is a stupid idea.

I am willing to bet that you do not own a firearm. Go ahead.....lie about that too.

Yep, it's a stupid idea. Please tell that to the shooter, and by all means tell it to the family of the dead guy.

amazing tk all you go on about are liberal policies and yet when i question your logic...i am wrong?

really?

well let me say this....i dont think you would have the balls or the reaction time to do shit...armed or unarmed. there is more to using a weapon than just having one

I don't see how either is similar. In the first there is no mention of the bad guy being armed.

The second is a shoot out between two people both who could legally carry. In neither does a hero stop someone from shooting another person.

I don't see how either is similar. In the first there is no mention of the bad guy being armed.

The second is a shoot out between two people both who could legally carry. In neither does a hero stop someone from shooting another person.

Denial--not just a river in Egypt.

If those are the best examples you can come up with, then yes your in denial.

The only example you can come up with is "more gun control, so that stalker wouldn't have had a gun."

You're a special kind of stupid aren't you? What part of "criminals don't obey gun laws" do you not understand?

every fuckin' bar I have ever been in or worked in is a gun free zone!

That's usually the law, but not often reality. How about we require all gun free public areas to provide security, like metal detectors and full body scanners, make the business responsible for the public's safety.

Last edited:
My friends, this is what happens when you are unable to defend those you love, because you aren't allowed to bear arms in their defense. On one fateful night in 2009, Nicole Goeser watched as a man who had been stalking her for a period of time, shot and killed her husband Ben, in a Karaoke bar. Because of gun legislation in the state of Tennessee, and because the bar they were in was a "gun free zone," Mrs. Goeser locked her gun in the car to comply with the law. Little did she know that such compliance would cost her the man she loved. Little did she know that the state's gun control legislation would render her defenseless in the face of danger.

In April 2009, my husband was shot six times in front of me in the middle of a busy restaurant by a man who was stalking me. I have a permit to carry a handgun but because of the law at that time in my home state of Tennessee, I had to leave the gun that I normally carried for self defense, locked in my car that night.

My husband Ben and I ran our mobile karaoke business out of a restaurant that served alcohol and my gun was forbidden there. I obeyed the law but my stalker, who was carrying a gun illegally, ignored it.

I noticed my stalker (a former karaoke customer) in the crowd that night and I knew something was not right
. This was a man that I had blocked from my social network account due to inappropriate messages he had sent me.

He had never threatened me or my husband but he was definitely creepy.

My husband Ben had asked him to leave me alone before he showed up at this venue where I had never seen him before.

I realized at that point I was being stalked.

I asked the management at the restaurant to remove him. When they approached him and asked him to leave, he pulled out a .45 semi-auto and shot Ben. He then stood over him and continued to fire five more rounds into my husband.

I could only watch in horror and helplessness.

Since that terrible night I have learned that gun free zones are a predator's playground. This is where my stalker found us and where we were defenseless.

How gun control helped a stalker kill my husband | Fox News

Owning a gun and carrying it inside the bar would not have changed the outcome. Unless of course that woman is Quick Draw McGraw

or better, we have to assume the bad guy would not have shot her husband if there was no law

Not exactly true. There is a good chance he would have survived one shot. Because thats all he would have been able to get off before he got shot himself.
Or if he knew they where armed as well he might not have had the guts to draw on em in the first place.

An odd thing about humans, if one really wants to kill you, you are as good as dead regardless of what you do, unless you can get to them first. Case in point.

Aaaah..so just give up and let it happen. No thanks...

See that's the whole point, these idiots don't want you to even have the potential to neutralize the situation with a gun.

They've decided that ONLY one guy dying is a satisfactory outcome. They've decided that no one else should even have an opportunity to alter the equation. They've decided that they know best for you.

An odd thing about humans, if one really wants to kill you, you are as good as dead regardless of what you do, unless you can get to them first. Case in point.

See that's the whole point, these idiots don't want you to even have the potential to neutralize the situation with a gun.

They've decided that ONLY one guy dying is a satisfactory outcome. They've decided that no one else should even have an opportunity to alter the equation. They've decided that they know best for you.

Eggzzzactly!
I at least want a fighting chance.
You can bet if the chick had her pistol she would have been unsnapping and loosening it in the holster.

Eggzzzactly!
I at least want a fighting chance.
You can bet if the chick had her pistol she would have been unsnapping and loosening it in the holster.

Yes, and it's possible she could have prevented him from getting off as many shots, and possibly saving her husbands life.

Of course unlike some of the others here, I don't know what the outcome would have been. I'm just saying it would have been nice to at least have had the opportunity to perhaps save yourself or a loved one.

The only example you can come up with is "more gun control, so that stalker wouldn't have had a gun."

You're a special kind of stupid aren't you? What part of "criminals don't obey gun laws" do you not understand?

Well yes the only way he could have been saved was if the shooter didn't have a gun. But that's just common sense right? How would he have shot anyone without a gun? What is stupid is bringing this up like it's proves more people need to carry guns. In this case nobody would have stopped this guy from being shot. And if others had been carrying more than likely we'd just have more people shot. So it's really stupid to try to blame gun free zones when the real problem was that a crazy guy had a gun.

Forum List

Back