Goeser: How gun control helped a stalker kill my husband

My friends, this is what happens when you are unable to defend those you love, because you aren't allowed to bear arms in their defense. On one fateful night in 2009, Nicole Goeser watched as a man who had been stalking her for a period of time, shot and killed her husband Ben, in a Karaoke bar. Because of gun legislation in the state of Tennessee, and because the bar they were in was a "gun free zone," Mrs. Goeser locked her gun in the car to comply with the law. Little did she know that such compliance would cost her the man she loved. Little did she know that the state's gun control legislation would render her defenseless in the face of danger.

How gun control helped a stalker kill my husband | Fox News

So she watched in "horror and helplessness"? Why in the fuck didn't she attack the guy bare handed like the Marine did? IF she was so frozen by this violence, she would have been worthless with a gun as well. And who knows how many others in this "crowded" bar would have been shot. People who freeze in horror and helplessness at violent situations are worthless with a gun.
It's Zeke, toothless stumpbroke of the site, with more stupid comments.

I actually know Nikki. The idea of her attacking some big guy with a gun bare handed is as absurd as anything Zeke, toothless stumpbroke, has said.

Hey, it is the talking rabbit. You know Nikki eh? Poor woman. First she freezes in horror and helplessness as her husband is murdered. While she waits for someone else to take down the shooter. Cause you know a widdle woman can't attack a big ole man.

Then she has to know a fucking talking rabbit from the message boards.

This woman has it going wrong in so many ways. Silly wabbit.

You do know wabbit that people carry guns for self defense. And that works fine till someone takes the offensive without notice. Then you are left trying to react. And the person reacting is always at the disadvantage.

You rabbits should know that. Being a hunted group. Do rabbits carry guns now. You know. to defend against the rabbit hunters. Shoot the beagle if you get a chance. They are the dangerous ones.

An odd thing about humans, if one really wants to kill you, you are as good as dead regardless of what you do, unless you can get to them first. Case in point.

That's the biggest load of garbage I've ever heard. An odd thing here is, PMH, is that if you have a club, and another guy has a club, chances are he won't attack you for lack of an advantage.

Your logic is flawed.

LMAO. So if I walk up to you from behind, knowing you have a gun in your pocket and I put my gun up to the back of your head, you are saying I don't have the advantage in that situation. Cause you still have your gun but my gun is sticking you in the back of the head, the situation is all equal.

See how fucking stupid you are?

Except she didn't know the perp was armed UNTIL he hubby was shot, lad, and she was not in a position to make that move anyway

Nice fantasy though. It would play really good in some movie I suppose.

Look kid, the reason bad people and nutters get to do the damage they do is because honest people won't take the necessary PREEMPTIVE steps to save themselves.

If they do then guess what?

Usually they end in prison for committing a crime.

That's the biggest load of garbage I've ever heard. An odd thing here is, PMH, is that if you have a club, and another guy has a club, chances are he won't attack you for lack of an advantage.

Your logic is flawed.

LMAO. So if I walk up to you from behind, knowing you have a gun in your pocket and I put my gun up to the back of your head, you are saying I don't have the advantage in that situation. Cause you still have your gun but my gun is sticking you in the back of the head, the situation is all equal.

See how fucking stupid you are?

Except she didn't know the perp was armed UNTIL he hubby was shot, lad, and she was not in a position to make that move anyway

Nice fantasy though. It would play really good in some movie I suppose.

Look kid, the reason bad people and nutters get to do the damage they do is because honest people won't take the necessary PREEMPTIVE steps to save themselves.

If they do then guess what?

Usually they end in prison for committing a crime.

Who you addressing your response to? Me?

If so, when the woman saw her stalker, why didn't she go to her car and get her gun?
Or leave the area. I mean she was scared almost to death of this guy. As long as she kept her gun concealed, what is the problem in that situation.

Which would YOU have rather had; an alive husband or a ticket for having a gun in a bar?

Hmmm, that's a tough one isn't it?

My friends, this is what happens when you are unable to defend those you love, because you aren't allowed to bear arms in their defense. On one fateful night in 2009, Nicole Goeser watched as a man who had been stalking her for a period of time, shot and killed her husband Ben, in a Karaoke bar. Because of gun legislation in the state of Tennessee, and because the bar they were in was a "gun free zone," Mrs. Goeser locked her gun in the car to comply with the law. Little did she know that such compliance would cost her the man she loved. Little did she know that the state's gun control legislation would render her defenseless in the face of danger.

In April 2009, my husband was shot six times in front of me in the middle of a busy restaurant by a man who was stalking me. I have a permit to carry a handgun but because of the law at that time in my home state of Tennessee, I had to leave the gun that I normally carried for self defense, locked in my car that night.

My husband Ben and I ran our mobile karaoke business out of a restaurant that served alcohol and my gun was forbidden there. I obeyed the law but my stalker, who was carrying a gun illegally, ignored it.

I noticed my stalker (a former karaoke customer) in the crowd that night and I knew something was not right
. This was a man that I had blocked from my social network account due to inappropriate messages he had sent me.

He had never threatened me or my husband but he was definitely creepy.

My husband Ben had asked him to leave me alone before he showed up at this venue where I had never seen him before.

I realized at that point I was being stalked.

I asked the management at the restaurant to remove him. When they approached him and asked him to leave, he pulled out a .45 semi-auto and shot Ben. He then stood over him and continued to fire five more rounds into my husband.

I could only watch in horror and helplessness.

Since that terrible night I have learned that gun free zones are a predator's playground. This is where my stalker found us and where we were defenseless.

How gun control helped a stalker kill my husband | Fox News

Owning a gun and carrying it inside the bar would not have changed the outcome. Unless of course that woman is Quick Draw McGraw

or better, we have to assume the bad guy would not have shot her husband if there was no law

You don't know what the outcome would have been. Maybe had she been able to pull out her gun, he might have only gotten off two shots and maybe her husband would then have lived. The point is, she was helpless, and as usual the bad guy doesn't pay attention to laws restricting his use of guns.

Here is how the guy was disarmed:
Metro police said around 50 patrons were inside the bar at the time, three of whom quickly jumped Wise, disarmed him and held him until police arrived.

I don't think she could have stopped this guy if she was armed. What would have saved him is if the shooter couldn't get a gun.

So she watched in "horror and helplessness"? Why in the fuck didn't she attack the guy bare handed like the Marine did? IF she was so frozen by this violence, she would have been worthless with a gun as well. And who knows how many others in this "crowded" bar would have been shot. People who freeze in horror and helplessness at violent situations are worthless with a gun.
It's Zeke, toothless stumpbroke of the site, with more stupid comments.

I actually know Nikki. The idea of her attacking some big guy with a gun bare handed is as absurd as anything Zeke, toothless stumpbroke, has said.

Hey, it is the talking rabbit. You know Nikki eh? Poor woman. First she freezes in horror and helplessness as her husband is murdered. While she waits for someone else to take down the shooter. Cause you know a widdle woman can't attack a big ole man.

Then she has to know a fucking talking rabbit from the message boards.

This woman has it going wrong in so many ways. Silly wabbit.

You do know wabbit that people carry guns for self defense. And that works fine till someone takes the offensive without notice. Then you are left trying to react. And the person reacting is always at the disadvantage.

You rabbits should know that. Being a hunted group. Do rabbits carry guns now. You know. to defend against the rabbit hunters. Shoot the beagle if you get a chance. They are the dangerous ones.
It's Zeke, toothless stumpbroke hitting the bottle early morning, sounding even less coherent than usual.

Metro police said around 50 patrons were inside the bar at the time, three of whom quickly jumped Wise, disarmed him and held him until police arrived.

I don't think she could have stopped this guy if she was armed. What would have saved him is if the shooter couldn't get a gun.

How about if one of them had shot him before he could act?
How about if she had shot him before he could act?
Do you know any place where a person intent on it cannot get a gun?
Dope is illegal. Is there anyplace where a person intent on it cannot get dope?

That was only going to happen if he announced he was a murderer and is going to kill this guy. But clearly nobody does that so everyone has to react after the shooting. In the examples I've heard of the hero with a gun stopping the bad guy, there is still a big dead count.

It would be hard to get a full auto gun. But in the land of guns I guess we have to accept these things will happen.

That was only going to happen if he announced he was a murderer and is going to kill this guy. But clearly nobody does that so everyone has to react after the shooting. In the examples I've heard of the hero with a gun stopping the bad guy, there is still a big dead count.

It would be hard to get a full auto gun. But in the land of guns I guess we have to accept these things will happen.

So armed citizens never stop murders unless the murderer announces his intention beforehand?
As for the second paragraph, I'm still scratching my head on that one.

So armed citizens never stop murders unless the murderer announces his intention beforehand?

It takes less than a second to kill someone with a gun. How could anyone have stopped him? Would you shoot a stranger for pulling out his gun?

It takes less than a second to kill someone with a gun. How could anyone have stopped him? Would you shoot a stranger for pulling out his gun?

Let me try this again.

The shooter got off several shots. Now maybe one shot and the man was dead, I don't know. However, it's possible that had this woman, or someone else, had a gun, they may have prevented the shooter from getting off as many shots.

What's always astounding to me is, there are so many idiots in this country, that do not even want others to have the opportunity to limit the damage by having their own gun.

Let me try this again.

The shooter got off several shots. Now maybe one shot and the man was dead, I don't know. However, it's possible that had this woman, or someone else, had a gun, they may have prevented the shooter from getting off as many shots.

What's always astounding to me is, there are so many idiots in this country, that do not even want others to have the opportunity to limit the damage by having their own gun.
The damage was done when the stalker walked in with a gun. And yeah, had the whole place been armed you might have ended up with two bodies but the first guy was as good as dead regardless. Guns are not a Protective Shield from Dune, they have only one purpose, they Kill things. It's why they were invented.

Let me try this again.

The damage was done when the stalker walked in with a gun. And yeah, had the whole place been armed you might have ended up with two bodies but the first guy was as good as dead regardless. Guns are not a Protective Shield from Dune, they have only one purpose, they Kill things. It's why they were invented.

Maybe, maybe not. I for one am not able to see into the future like you, and see the outcome before it happens.

Let me try this again.

Maybe, maybe not. I for one am not able to see into the future like you, and see the outcome before it happens.
The future huh? That was based on something else, called the past.

Let me try this again.

I still think it's very unlikely. Several shots are fired before anyone can really react. We allow people to have very dangerous weapons. If somebody wants to kill you they will. If people had shot at this guy we would probably just have a higher body count.

The future huh? That was based on something else, called the past.

Yeah but you're making the claim that the guy was as good as dead even if others had a gun. I'm saying unless you can see the outcome before it happens (like you apparently) we simply don't know the outcome.

We do however see what the outcome was, when only the shooter was armed.

Forum List

Back