Goeser: How gun control helped a stalker kill my husband

Alas, she noticed him in the bar. She was wary about him. She tried to have him removed. I'm sure that if he chose to make an unwanted advance on her, she would have been able to whip out her firearm. You generalize too much. The fact here is, criminals don't obey gun control laws. This is a concrete example of such.

and if he...but he didn't.

Facts you posted make your argument look ridiculous at best. Actually it is you who has generalized, to no avail. He did not make a move on her. She said he looked and acted creepy. She did what responsible people do -- went to management and the nut case pulled out a weapon. Too late

Okay, fine then. I'll theorize here, that if some nutcase pulls out a gun and has the barrel pointed at your head, I'll bet you'll regret not being able to defend yourself adequately, in the waning moments of your life. Pepper spray won't do you any good when you're lying there dead in a puddle of blood, or if a loved one is rendered likewise.

But hey, you still haven't argued the merits of gun control yet. Why is that?

................................ggle

and Dante does not support many gun control measures

Last edited:
and if he...but he didn't.

Facts you posted make your argument look ridiculous at best. Actually it is you who has generalized, to no avail. He did not make a move on her. She said he looked and acted creepy. She did what responsible people do -- went to management and the nut case pulled out a weapon. Too late

Okay, fine then. I'll theorize here, that if some nutcase pulls out a gun and has the barrel pointed at your head, I'll bet you'll regret not being able to defend yourself adequately, in the waning moments of your life. Pepper spray won't do you any good when you're lying there dead in a puddle of blood, or if a loved one is rendered likewise.

Dante actually grabbed a loaded gun pointed at him and fought with an attacker. Please, stop pretending you know things. It was a spontaneous thing and Dante immediately wanted to let go and have it all go away -- until the voice of the attacker screaming scared shit started the adrenaline rush and ugly struggle

Oh so you'll do the same thing George Zimmerman did? Remember how that one turned out?

EDIT: In before the edit. Nice try Dante.

...edit because Dante usually doesn't keep that one up ....

Oh so you'll do the same thing George Zimmerman did? Remember how that one turned out?

George Zimmerman was an idiot but I supported his story because it mostly rang of truth. If I was in Zimmerman's shoes I would not have had a weapon in my own neighborhood. Only if and when I'd venture out.

Funny joke: A guy walks into a bar with a gun and you're dead before you hit the floor. Wait, maybe that's not so funny, but absolutely accurate even if you are armed like Rambo at the time.

except in the movies and active imaginations of gun nuts...:eusa_whistle:
I know. In the movies they always get the first shot off and kill the bad guy. In real life the coroner always gets stuck with six bodies of close relatives, from three different locations, on Thanksgiving.

...edit because Dante usually doesn't keep that one up ....

George Zimmerman was an idiot but I supported his story because it mostly rang of truth. If I was in Zimmerman's shoes I would not have had a weapon in my own neighborhood. Only if and when I'd venture out.

Lack of coherence much? Can you explain how George could venture out with a weapon but not be in his neighborhood....i suppose you know he lived in that neighborhood...maybe you don't.

Like most liberals you probably do not understand the legitimacy of self defense...now dont bore everyone talking about how saint trayvon was a unarmed teenager...........geeze Where do these mushheads come from?

The only thing I can give you credit for in the above post is that you do acknowledge George was telling the truth.

Everyone in bars should have guns. Nothing goes better with blinding amounts of alcohol like a semi-automatic handgun.

Any idiot who drinks blinding amounts of alcohol shouldn't be allowed in a bar to begin with, rehab would be in order.

Reading the drivel above reminds me of the old cliche "better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6".

Any woman who has a stalker should carry a weapon at all times irregardless of the rules some place has against it...just common sense I think....so the woman must share some of the blame....not saying she could have prevented her husband's murder but she might have been able to shoot the stalker before he emptied so many rounds into her husband....at least she would have had the comfort of knowing she had done all she could do. Her husband should have been carrying a weapons also.

People in danger often make the wrong decisions...hindsight is 20/20 of course and everyone makes mistakes....so I do not really blame the woman for trying to follow the rules....just a hint to everyone who may ever find themselves being stalked....nothing to take lightly.

Lack of coherence much? Can you explain how George could venture out with a weapon but not be in his neighborhood....i suppose you know he lived in that neighborhood...maybe you don't.

Like most liberals you probably do not understand the legitimacy of self defense...now dont bore everyone talking about how saint trayvon was a unarmed teenager...........geeze Where do these mushheads come from?

The only thing I can give you credit for in the above post is that you do acknowledge George was telling the truth.

He lived in a gated community. I know people who do not carry unless leaving their neighborhoods. All of them are sane and respectable people.

Asswipe, Dante supports self defense laws and some stand your ground laws, but with those laws should come a high bar.

Trayvon? please go away...Dante never supported the Trayvon myth, but he does acknowledge that a young man died needlessly and if I were Zimmerman I'd fall apart as he has because he knows he wishes he could take it all back if he could.

no buzz off tool

Reading the drivel above reminds me of the old cliche "better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6".

Any woman who has a stalker should carry a weapon at all times irregardless of the rules some place has against it...just common sense I think....so the woman must share some of the blame....not saying she could have prevented her husband's murder but she might have been able to shoot the stalker before he emptied so many rounds into her husband....at least she would have had the comfort of knowing she had done all she could do. Her husband should have been carrying a weapons also.

People in danger often make the wrong decisions...hindsight is 20/20 of course and everyone makes mistakes....so I do not really blame the woman for trying to follow the rules....just a hint to everyone who may ever find themselves being stalked....nothing to take lightly.

Cops with weapons and training get shot all the time. Many times carrying gives a false sense of security

He lived in a gated community. I know people who do not carry unless leaving their neighborhoods. All of them are sane and respectable people.

Asswipe, Dante supports self defense laws and some stand your ground laws, but with those laws should come a high bar.

Trayvon? please go away...Dante never supported the Trayvon myth, but he does acknowledge that a young man died needlessly and if I were Zimmerman I'd fall apart as he has because he knows he wishes he could take it all back if he could.

no buzz off tool

Look Chump...........George was in the process of leaving his neighborhood that night...and what does living in a gated community have to do with anything?

Once again you are being incoherent.

Irregardless...good to hear you do believe in self defense.

Trayvon died because he thought he could get away with attacking a white dude who no doubt appeared harmless to the wana be gangsta. Needlessly? I would not describe it that way...I would call it good riddance.

BTW George is not falling apart....whatever gave you such a silly idea?

Anyone who has ever killed anyone and that is of sound mind no doubt wishes it could have been avoided...no sane person wants to kill anyone.....again hindsight is always 20/20.

The one who could most easily have made that situation never happen was Trayvon....he initiated the problem...if had just walked home like all the liberals claimed he was doing...he would be alive today.

Cops with weapons and training get shot all the time. Many times carrying gives a false sense of security

I do not doubt that....but if you felt your life was in danger(as you should if you were being stalked)would you carry a weapon? That is a personal decision...and everyone has to decide for themselves....but I believe that most people who feel their life in danger would be armed if possible.

no buzz off tool

Look Chump...........George was in the process of leaving his neighborhood that night...and what does living in a gated community have to do with anything?

Trayvon died because he thought he could get away with attacking a white dude who no doubt appeared harmless to the wana be gangsta. Needlessly? I would not describe it that way...I would call it good riddance.

Anyone who has ever killed anyone and that is of sound mind no doubt wishes it could have been avoided...no sane person wants to kill anyone.....again hindsight is always 20/20.

The one who could most easily have made that situation never happen was Trayvon....he initiated the problem...if had just walked home like all the liberals claimed he was doing...he would be alive today.

do you bleed once a month? just curious

Trayvon wasn't out to attack a white guy. A situation got out of hand and he started a fight he ended up paying for with his life.

you're an asshole. I see it now

good bye

stay sacred of blacks. they are out to get you. sleep with one eye open. fuck off

no buzz off tool

They never get it eh? It was the kid with the skittles who was the real threat, not the man with the gun...

My friends, this is what happens when you are unable to defend those you love, because you aren't allowed to bear arms in their defense. On one fateful night in 2009, Nicole Goeser watched as a man who had been stalking her for a period of time, shot and killed her husband Ben, in a Karaoke bar. Because of gun legislation in the state of Tennessee, and because the bar they were in was a "gun free zone," Mrs. Goeser locked her gun in the car to comply with the law. Little did she know that such compliance would cost her the man she loved. Little did she know that the state's gun control legislation would render her defenseless in the face of danger.

How gun control helped a stalker kill my husband | Fox News

Owning a gun and carrying it inside the bar would not have changed the outcome. Unless of course that woman is Quick Draw McGraw

or better, we have to assume the bad guy would not have shot her husband if there was no law

Alas, she noticed him in the bar. She was wary about him. She tried to have him removed. I'm sure that if he chose to make an unwanted advance on her, she would have been able to whip out her firearm. You generalize too much. The fact here is, criminals don't obey gun control laws. This is a concrete example of such.

First of all, unless you are from the victorian era will you please stop using the word alas. It makes you sound like a hipster doofus.

Secondly, reading your op leads me to believe that she could have done nothing to prevent this, gun or no gun.

no buzz off tool

do you bleed once a month? just curious

Trayvon wasn't out to attack a white guy. A situation got out of hand and he started a fight he ended up paying for with his life.

you're an asshole. I see it now

good bye

stay sacred of blacks. they are out to get you. sleep with one eye open. fuck off

hahhaahaha Scratch the surface of a gun hater...and you always will find a liberal.

You claimed you believe George's story and now you say Trayvon was not out to attack a white guy....did he do that because someone forced him to. Get real chump....Trayvon knew exactly what he was doing and why he was doing it....the only thing he did not know and no doubt suprised the hell out of him was the fact George was carrying.

Anytime I can get a liberal frothing out at the mouth I know I have done something right.

Owning a gun and carrying it inside the bar would not have changed the outcome. Unless of course that woman is Quick Draw McGraw

or better, we have to assume the bad guy would not have shot her husband if there was no law

First of all, unless you are from the victorian era will you please stop using the word alas. It makes you sound like a hipster doofus.

Secondly, reading your op leads me to believe that she could have done nothing to prevent this, gun or no gun.
Well yeah, but if she'd only had a gun, a time machine, a box of Krispy Kremes. and a photon torpedo he'd still be alive! That's the point. We need to be ready at all times, in case we need to go back in time, and we get hungry, or attacked by the Wrath of Khan, while in Tennessee, at a beer joint.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back