GoFundMe for Alabama state government...

MsnBama

Gold Member
Jul 24, 2015
New England
o_O

Alabama state senator crowdfunding budget impasse - CNNPolitics.com

(CNN) Crowdfunding platform GoFundMe is no stranger to odd requests, but one southern politician's campaign to solve his state's current financial woes might be a first.

As Alabama's government struggles to pass a budget, State Sen. Paul Sanford launched a GoFundMe campaign to "Fund the Alabama State Government," with $300 million.

By his own acknowledgment, his post is insincere.

"I do appreciate the comments, but please realize this was to prove a point that most people do not want to pay more taxes but are for taxes when the other guy is to be taxed," wrote Sanford in a comment on the campaign page.

Sanford created the campaign on Aug. 6. As of this writing, it has received almost $600 towards its $300 million goal.

"Please earmark this donation to be used for evil and nefarious deeds," wrote one $10 contributor.

7124f0f3fd564fc470488751644d4e24.jpg

$30. It's not much; but if it brings a little "abracadabra" back to the magic city, I'll never miss it.

My self and a small group of guys I work with. Believe it or not; I think they'll make the requested amount. But then again... We just have to see I guess.

o_O

Alabama state senator crowdfunding budget impasse - CNNPolitics.com

(CNN) Crowdfunding platform GoFundMe is no stranger to odd requests, but one southern politician's campaign to solve his state's current financial woes might be a first.

As Alabama's government struggles to pass a budget, State Sen. Paul Sanford launched a GoFundMe campaign to "Fund the Alabama State Government," with $300 million.

By his own acknowledgment, his post is insincere.

"I do appreciate the comments, but please realize this was to prove a point that most people do not want to pay more taxes but are for taxes when the other guy is to be taxed," wrote Sanford in a comment on the campaign page.

Sanford created the campaign on Aug. 6. As of this writing, it has received almost $600 towards its $300 million goal.

"Please earmark this donation to be used for evil and nefarious deeds," wrote one $10 contributor.
Red states rule! Lol. Doesn't Alabama take more federal dollars in than they pay out?

Alabama is our Greece.

Forum List

Back