GoFundMe for Alabama state government...

o_O

Alabama state senator crowdfunding budget impasse - CNNPolitics.com

(CNN) Crowdfunding platform GoFundMe is no stranger to odd requests, but one southern politician's campaign to solve his state's current financial woes might be a first.

As Alabama's government struggles to pass a budget, State Sen. Paul Sanford launched a GoFundMe campaign to "Fund the Alabama State Government," with $300 million.

By his own acknowledgment, his post is insincere.

"I do appreciate the comments, but please realize this was to prove a point that most people do not want to pay more taxes but are for taxes when the other guy is to be taxed," wrote Sanford in a comment on the campaign page.

Sanford created the campaign on Aug. 6. As of this writing, it has received almost $600 towards its $300 million goal.

"Please earmark this donation to be used for evil and nefarious deeds," wrote one $10 contributor.
Red states rule! Lol. Doesn't Alabama take more federal dollars in than they pay out?

Alabama is our Greece.
It's a demographics thing...

o_O

(CNN) Crowdfunding platform GoFundMe is no stranger to odd requests, but one southern politician's campaign to solve his state's current financial woes might be a first.

As Alabama's government struggles to pass a budget, State Sen. Paul Sanford launched a GoFundMe campaign to "Fund the Alabama State Government," with $300 million.

"I do appreciate the comments, but please realize this was to prove a point that most people do not want to pay more taxes but are for taxes when the other guy is to be taxed," wrote Sanford in a comment on the campaign page.

Sanford created the campaign on Aug. 6. As of this writing, it has received almost $600 towards its $300 million goal.

"Please earmark this donation to be used for evil and nefarious deeds," wrote one $10 contributor.
Red states rule! Lol. Doesn't Alabama take more federal dollars in than they pay out?

Alabama is our Greece.
NO, Washington DC is our Greece. They have a $19Trillion debt that future generations of Americans will have to pay.

Roll tide!!!
3 weeks and 4 days until ROLL TIDE .... GO BAMA .......... ROLL TIDE ROLL ....

Thanks. I saw that either yesterday or the day before. I check their web page every day.

ROLLTIDE.COM - University of Alabama Official Athletic Site - Football

Because you don't have any professional teams.

Alabama doesn't need any professional teams. We have Alabama and Auburn, which is enough to satisfy us.

o_O

Alabama is our Greece.
NO, Washington DC is our Greece. They have a $19Trillion debt that future generations of Americans will have to pay.
Yea, and as the debt has gone up, taxes on the rich have gone down. That means they shifted more of the burden onto you. They also cut social services, programs and safety nets. So you pay more but get much less. Cuts to ss, medicare, food stamps,etc. Yet your taxes didn't go down at all.

Now here is the kicker. Infrastructure is falling apart and Republicans are saying we don't have any money, so they need to raise your taxes.

And any talk of stopping those tax breaks to the rich is met with claims of class warfare and try to raise corporate taxes and they threaten to leave, let employees go, close or raise prices.

I know the corporate business model and I don't agree. The gap between rich and poor is too wide.

Bernie Sanders.

Roll tide!!!

Thanks. I saw that either yesterday or the day before. I check their web page every day.

Alabama doesn't need any professional teams. We have Alabama and Auburn, which is enough to satisfy us.

I still don't understand. Do you not have enough population to have a pro football, hockey, baseball and basketball team? That would be huge for your Struggling economy I would think.

Do you have a liberal democratic governor screwing things up?

Roll tide!!!

Well for some reason you need a go fund me page. Why don't you just raise taxes?

You know what I hate? When people ask me to donate to soldiers. Why isn't our government taking care of them? Oh yea, corporations shouldn't pay taxes. They'll leave.

Notice they go to Mexico not your beloved bama.

I still don't understand. Do you not have enough population to have a pro football, hockey, baseball and basketball team? That would be huge for your Struggling economy I would think.

We are hardcore college football fans. They have tried pro teams and couldn't build a fan base. But the college games are sold out on a regular basis.

Five years in a row there was a team from the state of Alabama in the BCS Championship Game. Too bad auburn broke the trend, but the Crimson Tide won 3 of those 5 games.

We are hardcore college football fans. They have tried pro teams and couldn't build a fan base. But the college games are sold out on a regular basis.

Five years in a row there was a team from the state of Alabama in the BCS Championship Game. Too bad auburn broke the trend, but the Crimson Tide won 3 of those 5 games.

Michigan and Michigan state sellout too but we still have redwings lions tigers and pistons.

Who's your favorite hockey football basketball and baseball teams?

If I started a new business. I set up shop outside the U.S. too. It's all about the money. Such is the nature of business.

Roll tide!!!

There are 21 states with pro football teams. Are the other 29 states somehow less? Ridiculous.

Michigan and Michigan state sellout too but we still have redwings lions tigers and pistons.

I don't care for hockey, basketball or baseball.

FYI, there are 24 states with no pro sports team in the state.

If I started a new business. I set up shop outside the U.S. too. It's all about the money. Such is the nature of business.
Under the current unfair trade agreements you'd be a fool not to.

Ship a $45000 car from mexico to Europe save $4500 in tariffs.

I'm thinking America is going to use up s. Americas natural resources and cheap labor. That must be the plan.

I'll be OK because I'm a good salesperson and I've saved plus my parents will leave me money. But I feel sorry for the masses in America. Soon they'll be sneaking to Mexico for jobs.

Wh

I don't care for hockey, basketball or baseball.
What about pro football team?

I remember Michigan playing against Alabama in Dallas. Didn't look too good that day. 41-14 is pretty much getting whipped.

Forum List

Back