Good books for guys?

You are in maine, right. Then of course a myriad of Stephen king stories apply. Just tell them they are based on a real event.
Yes, just learned he writes short stories. If my students haven't read everything by him, that's a great idea. I can't read horror--it keeps me awake, for real. I've never read him or seen any of his movies.
Forget the movies. But the books, wow, among the early works.. real gems. If your guys like cars, CHRISTINE

The Stand

I read the original version twice and in between those readings I read the unedited version. One of my favorite books by any author. Personally, I can't really read King anymore, anything after and including Gerald's Game just blows. With the exception of 11/22/63.

I read one of the books written by his kid, not too bad... Heart Shaped Box was the title...

A little less "hey look what great stuff i was reading 85 years ago" and a little more actual tailored advice. Please. I read david copperfield when i was 12. No one cares.
You're 97?

Damn.
A lame "no,you" or another example of really bad reading comprehension. In this thread no less. I go with option a. I am emphatic.
You talked about comments about "what great stuff I was reading 85 years ago" and proceeded to mention you read David Copperfield when you were 12.

I made a little joke out of it only to see it fly over your head.

Why is it that so many of you regressives have no sense of humor, anyway?

another thought...

Louis L'amour
I've never read him, but he must be good--that's like the third or fourth time he's been recommended.

They are all westerns with cowboys and ranchers, but they are all good stories and can be read from cover to cover in a couple of hours by your average reader.

But, one western series I would avoid if you are working with young boys is the Longarm series. It's about a sheriff who goes from town to town fighting bad guys and getting lots of tail. And, some of the sex scenes in the books can be pretty descriptive.

not all, but most.

he has a few about the discovery of America, and the first settlers here.

One, the Walking Drum, seems almost historical

The Walking Drum - Wikipedia

You are in maine, right. Then of course a myriad of Stephen king stories apply. Just tell them they are based on a real event.
Yes, just learned he writes short stories. If my students haven't read everything by him, that's a great idea. I can't read horror--it keeps me awake, for real. I've never read him or seen any of his movies.
Forget the movies. But the books, wow, among the early works.. real gems. If your guys like cars, CHRISTINE

The Stand

I read the original version twice and in between those readings I read the unedited version. One of my favorite books by any author. Personally, I can't really read King anymore, anything after and including Gerald's Game just blows. With the exception of 11/22/63.

I read one of the books written by his kid, not too bad... Heart Shaped Box was the title...
The stand is one of my favorites. It might be a little too manypagy (lol) for the guys. And it starts slow..

A little less "hey look what great stuff i was reading 85 years ago" and a little more actual tailored advice. Please. I read david copperfield when i was 12. No one cares.
You're 97?

Damn.
A lame "no,you" or another example of really bad reading comprehension. In this thread no less. I go with option a. I am emphatic.
You talked about comments about "what great stuff I was reading 85 years ago" and proceeded to mention you read David Copperfield when you were 12.

Dude, fuck off.

Heinlein's juvenile fiction would suit your students very well.

I also like H.Beam Piper's "Little Fuzzy" series...very fun and engaging reads.

You're 97?

Damn.

Dude, fuck off.
The hive mind has spoken.

You're 97?

Damn.

Dude, fuck off.
Damn. You want a cookie for adding 12 to 85? Do you think it was clever to call me old after i called posters old? You moron think your "humor" went over my head when i classified it as a boring No, you. Damn.

You're 97?

Damn.

Dude, fuck off.
Damn. You want a cookie for adding 12 to 85? Do you think it was clever to call me old after i called posters old? You moron think your "humor" went over my head when i classified it as a boring No, you. Damn.
Have you tried speaking to a professional about your anger management issues?

Dude, fuck off.
No. But i can recommend literature for 12 year olds. Interested?

"People think that I must be a very strange person. This is not correct. I have the heart of a small boy.
--- In a jar on my desk."

Dude, fuck off.
It sure doesn't take much to set you off, does it?

If this is how you deal with a harmless joke, how can you even function in real life?

You need to get some help with your rage issues. This can't be doing you any good.

Dude, fuck off.
It sure doesn't take much to set you off, does it?

If this is how you deal with a harmless joke, how can you even function in real life?

You need to get some help with your rage issues. This can't be doing you any good.
I am extremely interested in your charade. Please go on

I frequently get male students who need to improve their reading--and the best way to do that is to read. I know nothing about sports, hunting, motorcycles and other engines, etc, and I don't read that stuff.
Keeping in mind their reading levels aren't real high, what are some really interesting books they might enjoy?

Please keep it clean.
why there is an apple?
everyone_poops.jpg

I frequently get male students who need to improve their reading--and the best way to do that is to read. I know nothing about sports, hunting, motorcycles and other engines, etc, and I don't read that stuff.
Keeping in mind their reading levels aren't real high, what are some really interesting books they might enjoy?

Please keep it clean.
why there is an apple?
everyone_poops.jpg
Why is there an apple on the cover of Everyone Poops? • r/WTF

Forum List

Back