Good Environmental News

Another lib who thinks nothing has been or is being done......America sucks blah blah blah

I agree. Foresters plant a tree for each one they cut. That's been going on for decades.

That's why we always have trees to cut.
But those forests are monocultures, not real forests. Real forests have bio-diversity, and monocultures do not. A monoculture forest is described as an ecological desert.
An even-aged stand robs the environment of essential sunlight killing the environment under the canopy. Which is why we should never totally harvest timber via clear cuts. So, what's being done across this country is wrong. Managing uneven aged stands is how it was practiced back in the day, that kept bio-diversity in tact. Now we don't. It's all about volume and demand, and the environment took a beating.

In fact, you might be welcomed in Detroit. The city was proud of its ash trees before the dipshit Chinese beetle killed them. The media said it started in Michigan, though Ontario is just as likely. Mono is not the answer and to have done otherwise would have been much less possible for the the couple.

Another lib who thinks nothing has been or is being done......America sucks blah blah blah

Give me proof that land here in America that has been cleared of forest for farms or mining has been replanted as forest and the original ecosystem restored.

If you fly over the mid west and east part of this nation you will see dark squares. Those dark squares are what's left of what was once a forest. Which was cut down for farms. None of that land has been replanted to restore what it originally was before it was deforested for farms.

I agree. Foresters plant a tree for each one they cut. That's been going on for decades.

I guess you didn't read the article or didn't understand it.

That article wasn't talking about logging of forest as you describe. It was talking about large areas that were deforested for either farming or mining. Which destroyed the land.

There are very large parts of America that were once forest but haven't been for decades because it was cleared for farming or mining.

Please provide credible proof any of that land has been replanted and restored to it's original state.

I don't know of any.

Give me proof that land here in America that has been cleared of forest for farms or mining has been replanted as forest and the original ecosystem restored.

If you fly over the mid west and east part of this nation you will see dark squares. Those dark squares are what's left of what was once a forest. Which was cut down for farms. None of that land has been replanted to restore what it originally was before it was deforested for farms.
here's one,

Colorado

you can't search on the internet?

That article wasn't talking about logging of forest as you describe. It was talking about large areas that were deforested for either farming or mining. Which destroyed the land.

There are very large parts of America that were once forest but haven't been for decades because it was cleared for farming or mining.

Please provide credible proof any of that land has been replanted and restored to it's original state.

I don't know of any.

name one place in America?

I don't know of any.
California

I don't know of any.

Well if cleared for farming of course they won't plant trees. That land is for farming. Not tree growing.

I've seen land cleared in NH that is still surrounded by stone fences. It was cleared in revolutionary times. Now its covered in trees.

Mines don't usually come surrounded by trees. Mines are either in the side of a mountain or close to it.

Your post isn't true at all.

here's one,

Colorado

That's not the same thing.

That land wasn't cleared for mining or farming.

Compare apples to apples.

I don't know of any.

Well if cleared for farming of course they won't plant trees. That land is for farming. Not tree growing.

I've seen land cleared in NH that is still surrounded by stone fences. It was cleared in revolutionary times. Now its covered in trees.

Mines don't usually come surrounded by trees. Mines are either in the side of a mountain or close to it.

Your post isn't true at all.

Mountains don't have trees? Of course mines destroy trees and the land.

I'm glad you're honest about the farms.

No, what that couple have done isn't being done in America. I wish it was.

here's one,

Colorado

That's not the same thing.

That land wasn't cleared for mining or farming.

Compare apples to apples.
well I asked you to name a location where they cleared the area of trees for farming. BTW, if they did that, wouldn't you want crops rather than trees? you have a screw loose at the moment.

I don't see why this can't be done here. America so needs to be replanted, cleaned up and given a chance for the land to heal.

Brazilian couple spends 20 years planting millions of trees on a barren cattle ranch to create a 1,750-acre paradise for animals pushed out by deforestation
how many trees in your yard?

I have six in my front yard
10 in my back yard. How many should I have?
You tell me; How Much Oxygen Does One Tree Produce?

Forum List

Back