Good Environmental News

Another lib who thinks nothing has been or is being done......America sucks blah blah blah

Give me proof that land here in America that has been cleared of forest for farms or mining has been replanted as forest and the original ecosystem restored.

If you fly over the mid west and east part of this nation you will see dark squares. Those dark squares are what's left of what was once a forest. Which was cut down for farms. None of that land has been replanted to restore what it originally was before it was deforested for farms.
here's one,

Colorado

you can't search on the internet?

That's not the same thing.

That land wasn't cleared for mining or farming.

Compare apples to apples.
well I asked you to name a location where they cleared the area of trees for farming. BTW, if they did that, wouldn't you want crops rather than trees? you have a screw loose at the moment.
The only screws that are loose are those coming from ignoramuses; How Much Oxygen Does One Tree Produce?

Another lib who thinks nothing has been or is being done......America sucks blah blah blah

I agree. Foresters plant a tree for each one they cut. That's been going on for decades.

That's why we always have trees to cut.
Believe it or not, America has more forested acres today than it had when Columbus discovered it.
But not mature forests. The southeast for example only has a fragment of mature forests left. It makes a big difference. How Much Oxygen Does One Tree Produce?

Give me proof that land here in America that has been cleared of forest for farms or mining has been replanted as forest and the original ecosystem restored.

If you fly over the mid west and east part of this nation you will see dark squares. Those dark squares are what's left of what was once a forest. Which was cut down for farms. None of that land has been replanted to restore what it originally was before it was deforested for farms.
here's one,

Colorado

well I asked you to name a location where they cleared the area of trees for farming. BTW, if they did that, wouldn't you want crops rather than trees? you have a screw loose at the moment.
The only screws that are loose are those coming from ignoramuses; How Much Oxygen Does One Tree Produce?
well again, if one clears trees to farm, one is going to produce agricultural products in the soil. Not trees. It could be, but it most likely wouldn't be.

why would they go back and replant trees in the field they just created? what kind of fking crack are you smoking? fk I hate you mental midget fkers.

I agree. Foresters plant a tree for each one they cut. That's been going on for decades.

That's why we always have trees to cut.

I guess you didn't read the article or didn't understand it.

That article wasn't talking about logging of forest as you describe. It was talking about large areas that were deforested for either farming or mining. Which destroyed the land.

There are very large parts of America that were once forest but haven't been for decades because it was cleared for farming or mining.

Please provide credible proof any of that land has been replanted and restored to it's original state.

I don't know of any.

Well if cleared for farming of course they won't plant trees. That land is for farming. Not tree growing.

I've seen land cleared in NH that is still surrounded by stone fences. It was cleared in revolutionary times. Now its covered in trees.

Mines don't usually come surrounded by trees. Mines are either in the side of a mountain or close to it.

Your post isn't true at all.
The amount of acreage cleared was much less back in those days. Now we have massive block cutting, and those areas are replaced with monocultures where even those trees are not allowed to mature and they are cut. Mature trees purify the atmosphere with much more proficiency.

I don't see why this can't be done here. America so needs to be replanted, cleaned up and given a chance for the land to heal.

Brazilian couple spends 20 years planting millions of trees on a barren cattle ranch to create a 1,750-acre paradise for animals pushed out by deforestation
how many trees in your yard?

I have six in my front yard
10 in my back yard. How many should I have?
You tell me; How Much Oxygen Does One Tree Produce?
/——/ I read about a prehistoric forest that supplied the earth with oxygen and helped animal life get started. I don’t remember the details. And no I don’t have a link.

I don't see why this can't be done here. America so needs to be replanted, cleaned up and given a chance for the land to heal.

Brazilian couple spends 20 years planting millions of trees on a barren cattle ranch to create a 1,750-acre paradise for animals pushed out by deforestation

so tell me, how many trees do you supposed exist on our planet?

You have to go to freaking Brazil for phony environmental news? How about this little tidbit: ...by the late 90''s there was 340% more forested areas in the U.S. than there was in the 20's. and it's still increasing.

here's one,

Colorado

well again, if one clears trees to farm, one is going to produce agricultural products in the soil. Not trees. It could be, but it most likely wouldn't be.

why would they go back and replant trees in the field they just created? what kind of fking crack are you smoking? fk I hate you mental midget fkers.
I'm not suggesting farm land is converted back into forests. You shit for brains ignoramuses can't see past your own nut sack. I'm talking about management DA. In heavily forested regions of the country you grow trees. But what you don't do, is block clear cutting. You do what is called select cutting. You leave a percentage of desirable trees left over where their canopies will open and cause a rapid increase in their ability to transpire oxygen and purify the air because there is less competition. It's using our resources wisely without harming the resource or the environment. We used to implement these best management practices fifty years ago. Now it's all about volume, exports, and big quick profits, and to hell with the environment. Humans are a self destructive incredibly stupid animal looking for the big payout in a hurry. It's all we care about really.

Ignoramuses are not only ignorant, they go and ask retarded questions as well.

You have to go to freaking Brazil for phony environmental news? How about this little tidbit: ...by the late 90''s there was 340% more forested areas in the U.S. than there was in the 20's. and it's still increasing.
these fks don't understand that the loggers figured it out. they knew if they cut down all of the trees without replanting with young plants, they'd be out of business. So they figured out how to cut and grow to keep the tree population equal. fk I hate stupid people in here.

And like I said, how much of that 340% is mature? That's where you're missing the boat. it takes mature trees to purify our air. Why is this so hard for people to understand? How Much Oxygen Does One Tree Produce?

here's one,

Colorado

I'm not suggesting farm land is converted back into forests. You shit for brains ignoramuses can't see past your own nut sack. I'm talking about management DA. In heavily forested regions of the country you grow trees. But what you don't do, is block clear cutting. You do what is called select cutting. You leave a percentage of desirable trees left over where their canopies will open and cause a rapid increase in their ability to transpire oxygen and purify the air because there is less competition. It's using our resources wisely without harming the resource or the environment. We used to implement these best management practices fifty years ago. Now it's all about volume, exports, and big quick profits, and to hell with the environment. Humans are a self destructive incredibly stupid animal looking for the big payout in a hurry. It's all we care about really.
I completely agree with you. but that wasn't the discussion I was in. it was replanting in a field that had been cleared or something like that. the original poster got confused as to what her real point was I think.

And like I said, how much of that 340% is mature? That's where you're missing the boat. it takes mature trees to purify our air. Why is this so hard for people to understand? How Much Oxygen Does One Tree Produce?
over 50% of those trees.It's been 50% of the trees since the loggers realized their error.

Ignoramuses are not only ignorant, they go and ask retarded questions as well.
well how do you know we don't have enough of them?

these fks don't understand that the loggers figured it out. they knew if they cut down all of the trees without replanting with young plants, they'd be out of business. So they figured out how to cut and grow to keep the tree population equal. fk I hate stupid people in here.
:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:Why are people so stupid? DA, in 88 most of yellowstone was burned. and now today, no one planted it back. And yet, all those areas are totally forested again. Tell us shit for brains, how did all those trees come back where it was all burned? Both of you haven't the foggiest idea what you are talking about.

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:Why are people so stupid? DA, in 88 most of yellowstone was burned. and now today, no one planted it back. And yet, all those areas are totally forested again. Tell us shit for brains, how did all those trees come back where it was all burned? Both of you haven't the foggiest idea what you are talking about.
the roots never died and there were seedlings from the burn and the seeds grew themselves. It's why we do control burn on fields to bring the field back with more plants. It's done yearly around the nation.

I completely agree with you. but that wasn't the discussion I was in. it was replanting in a field that had been cleared or something like that. the original poster got confused as to what her real point was I think.
Maybe! No one is faulting anyone for clearing good air able farm land. But that too has to be managed. The way to proceed with farmland in the midwest is through rotation. Example, corn/soybean rotation. Then, after an appreciable number of years the government pays farmers to put a percentage of their land in CRP, and in some cases CREP. By letting the land run fallow for a while, it returns essential nutrients back into the soil, that conventional farming cannot. That is proper management of land that benefits man and the environment.

Last edited:
the roots never died and there were seedlings from the burn and the seeds grew themselves. It's why we do control burn on fields to bring the field back with more plants. It's done yearly around the nation.
Wrong! Conifer trees in the west die at the terminal bud and below, because the fire travels up the tree. Totally! Roots are dead after that. Natural seeding occurs out west.

In the east, Loblolly, Slash, Shortleaf, Longleaf, and Pond pine, are very fire resistant. To kill one, the fire has to reach the terminal bud as well. The advantage those trees have, is that fire does not travel up those trees, with the exception of cat faces or injuries. Which is why, in February and March, controlled burns are a common occurrence.

Maybe! No one is faulting anyone for clearing good air able farm land. But that too has to be managed. The way to proceed with farmland in the midwest is through rotation. Example, corn/soybean rotation. Then, after an appreciable number of years the government pays farmers to put a percentage of their land in CRP, and in some cases CREP. By letting the land run fallow for a while, it returns essential nutrients back into the soil, that conventional farming cannot. That is proper management of land that benefits man and the environment.
they also stopped turning over their soil after a crop. they leave it alone until the next plant cycle.

Forum List

Back