Good news for American truckers thanks to Trump?

Many of the "Mexican' logistics companies are already co-owned by American companies already. It's a myth that most of the freight coming over is 'Mexican', produced by Mexican companies, and represents 'trade with Mexico'. It is mostly American companies shipping themselves stuff from their Mexican plants and farms, and they get huge tax breaks and other bennies for it. The border crossings have been nightmares for years, and so have Mexican drivers in the U.S., so yeah, hopefully his administration does something about that, but billionaires don't really have truck drivers' sweatshop working conditions as in their Top 100 Priorities. Maybe the insurance companies are raising a stink now, who knows.

It's probably just more shit from China that lands in Mexico and ships up through our southern border.

Indeed, and lots of it, and through Canada also.

Just one article here, and of course reading the fine print U.S. taxpayers are funding a lot of it, since that's the only way for much of this crap to be profitable and stand on its own returns.

Red China Opens NAFTA Ports in Mexico | Human Events

http://www.fmc.gov/assets/1/News/St...rough_Canadian_and_Mexican_Seaports_Final.pdf

Here is just one 'initiative', disguised as 'crime prevention' but is really just a protection payoff to the Mexican govt. so the 'private company free traders' don't have to pay it out of their own pockets.

https://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/row/R41349.pdf

'Free trade' is great for your stockholders when you don't have to pay costs for 'doing business' in foreign shitholes and U.S. taxpayers are paying for keeping the local peasants in line and working cheap.

Oh yeah, and Mexico still gets to slap a 13% tax on American imports as well; they just call it an 'ad valorem tax' or something to disguise it. That way the U.S. taxpayers can get screwed two ways, by subsidizing companies to move there and gutting our own tax and wage base and building theirs up. Add in all the new construction for Federal interstates, police funding, prison costs, etc., etc., and the rest that goes along with 'free trade'.

Good read. Thanks for posting. I read an article a few years ago about a new 8 or 10 lane port of entry we the taxpayers were building along an extremely remote part of the Arizona border with Mexico. That was the only clue I needed to surmise that China would soon be landing their cheap goods down in Mexico. Destination, USA.

As for import, export taxes south of our border, that's been a fact of life for as long as I've been alive. And I'm so old, I fart dirt. That's how the banana republics make money. Their governments that is.

Forum List

Back