Good News in the fight for 15.

Now they'll be doing the work themselves. Moving towards self-serve service is gonna be a bitter pill to swallow for most fat lazy Americans. So calm down greedy white Republican dude, don't go celebrating this too much just yet.

Americans accept the self serve check out lanes at walmart and safeway.

I don't use them unless the store is really backed up. I'll be damned if I am going to work for free.

This may backfire on Wendys. Many Americans aren't gonna appreciate it eliminating American jobs. Many will stop eating there. And also, never estimate how fat, greedy, and lazy most Americans are. They feel entitled, they want the service.

Now they'll be doing the work themselves. Moving towards self-serve service is gonna be a bitter pill to swallow for most fat lazy Americans. So calm down greedy white Republican dude, don't go celebrating this too much just yet.

Who's celebrating it?

The point here to the chagrin of the minimum wage pushers is that there is a price to pay when you attack industry. Everybody on the left thinks that when you increase costs to a manufacturer or service outlet, they simply dig deeper in their pockets.

There is no truth to that because automation has been happening in manufacturing for decades, it's just that few knew about it.

As for fat lazy Americans, those fat lazy Americans will do anything for a cheaper price. I remember when this started with self-serve gasoline pumps. The idea was for the garages to keep their mechanics working on cars instead of pumping gas for customers. They all started off with perhaps one pump. As that pump became increasingly popular, they added another self-serve pump, then another one.

It didn't take long before all gas stations were self-serve. Now they are doing the same in grocery stores and places like Sam's Club.

Simple-minded liberals - "Lets force business to pay people at least $15 an hour and we'll all be rich".

Report: Wendy’s to Roll Out Self-Serve Kiosks by End of 2016

may 13 2016 Wendy’s fast food restaurant chain says it will begin offering self-serve kiosks at its 6,000-plus locations across America, making them available to costumers by the end of 2016.

The fast food giant’s decision to move toward automation comes just as “Fight for $15”–a progressive protest movement, pushing minimum wage hikes–is applying pressure on state governments to raise wages for low-skilled fast food workers.

Last August, Wendy’s CFO Todd Penegor told investors that mandated wage hikes will cause his company to pursue other innovative avenues that could lead to fewer jobs for low-skill workers.

That's fine, but certainly doesn't disprove the fact that the minimum wage is too low, also most people realize $15 an hour is ridiculous.

An uncontrollable carom into the truth.

Why is it that those the Left tries to help, are the one's who get hurt the most by their stupid policies?
3718729_orig.jpg

This may backfire on Wendys. Many Americans aren't gonna appreciate it eliminating American jobs. Many will stop eating there. And also, never estimate how fat, greedy, and lazy most Americans are. They feel entitled, they want the service.

The faster you get the humans out taking my order and making my burger, the better.

Who's celebrating it?

The point here to the chagrin of the minimum wage pushers is that there is a price to pay when you attack industry. Everybody on the left thinks that when you increase costs to a manufacturer or service outlet, they simply dig deeper in their pockets.

There is no truth to that because automation has been happening in manufacturing for decades, it's just that few knew about it.

As for fat lazy Americans, those fat lazy Americans will do anything for a cheaper price. I remember when this started with self-serve gasoline pumps. The idea was for the garages to keep their mechanics working on cars instead of pumping gas for customers. They all started off with perhaps one pump. As that pump became increasingly popular, they added another self-serve pump, then another one.

It didn't take long before all gas stations were self-serve. Now they are doing the same in grocery stores and places like Sam's Club.

Same thing will happen to trucking industry you know. Auto drive trucks and all.

Simple-minded liberals - "Lets force business to pay people at least $15 an hour and we'll all be rich".

may 13 2016 Wendy’s fast food restaurant chain says it will begin offering self-serve kiosks at its 6,000-plus locations across America, making them available to costumers by the end of 2016.

The fast food giant’s decision to move toward automation comes just as “Fight for $15”–a progressive protest movement, pushing minimum wage hikes–is applying pressure on state governments to raise wages for low-skilled fast food workers.

Last August, Wendy’s CFO Todd Penegor told investors that mandated wage hikes will cause his company to pursue other innovative avenues that could lead to fewer jobs for low-skill workers.
Moron... those kiosks were coming anyway no matter what the minimum wage is. They're rolling them out by the end of this year. That means they began working on them years ago.

[

1. The "minimum" wage was NEVER designed to be a living wage. It was designed to get the youth into the workplace.

Interestingly that is exactly 180 degrees wrong. One of the reasons for the minimum wage was to get child labor out of the workforce.

Dumbass - and I mean DUMBASS - the minimum wage was designed to serve as a pathway into the workforce for WORKING AGE teenagers you idiot.

Never was it meant to do that.

52% of fast food workers are subsidized by the Government. Republicans think they earn too much.

The faster you get the humans out taking my order and making my burger, the better.
The reality is that most people feel that way. Accuracy is a big deal in fast food and that is one way to ensure that it is accurate and it is faster.

Who's celebrating it?

Same thing will happen to trucking industry you know. Auto drive trucks and all.
This is going to be a far bigger impact than fast food. Transportation is the largest employment sector in the nation and auto vehicles will all but eliminate one of the massive expenditures there - liability.

Time to not eat at Wendy's then. Fuck workers we will fuck your wealth up.

If Wendy's can do a job with machines for a buck an hour, they'd get rid of people making 2 bucks an hour.

No, because there is still maintenance and repair. Those machines are not cheap to fix.

However if wages and benefits paid to employees are reasonable, then it doesn't make sense to invest that kind of money in automation.

In a sense, humans are competing with machines for the lowest wages.

Who's celebrating it?

For some odd reason, the cost of minimum wage employees is the only wage that drives up the cost of product. Executive and management salaries have managed to escalate over the last ten years while minimum wage has been stagnant........yet, it is the minimum wage worker who is greedy

Who's celebrating it?

So far they haven't been too successful at that. Hell, they are doing it with cars and still having some problems.

I would worry more if I were a Taxi driver or drove for Uber. Those jobs will be lost long before trucking.

In trucking, you have to have perception of what's going to happen next. Unlike a car, a truck can weigh as much as 80,000 lbs compared to a three or four thousand pound car. What that means is we need much more distance to stop our vehicle.

Example. I see a Fn asshole weaving in and out of lanes on the highway. I know he's going to get in front of me and not leave me much room in case I have to stop. When he approaches, I back down to give myself more safety distance because many times, they are just cutting in front of you to get to the next lane, and as soon as they get in front of you, they hit the brake because there is a car in the lane they want and they need to slow down fast.

A computer can't predict that. All it can do is stop when the idiot hits his breaks which may be too late, especially in rain or snow.

Who's celebrating it?

For some odd reason, the cost of minimum wage employees is the only wage that drives up the cost of product. Executive and management salaries have managed to escalate over the last ten years while minimum wage has been stagnant........yet, it is the minimum wage worker who is greedy

Let me explain something here: a worker is only worth as much as the next person willing to do the exact same job. That's how our worth is determined.

You can't get just anybody to do a CEO job. Oh sure, it looks simple in movies and like, but this is real life we are talking about.

If you clean toilets, flip burgers, turn nuts onto bolts for a living, you are doing a job that anybody can do. Because of that, the employer can find people to do those jobs for low wages.

If you get a skill such as an electrician, plumber, welder, bricklayer, they pay better because not everybody can do these jobs.

Education is great, but only if you are educated in a field of work that has demand. There are people that graduate college or trade school that make less than a mailman.

Moron... those kiosks were coming anyway no matter what the minimum wage is. They're rolling them out by the end of this year. That means they began working on them years ago.

You liberals have to be the biggest illiterate economic morons on the planet earth.

Kiosks have been around more then 20 fucking years child.

Forum List

Back