Good News On Alzheimers

"Despite that, Maphis and Bhaskar say this isn't a complete success just yet. Being able to get the vaccine to people will not only take a few more years, but could cost up to $1 billion."

Suck my dick with this bullshit. $1 billion to MAKE the cure? What are they going to charge people FOR the cure? $1.5 billion? This is a sick joke! This shit should either be considered a gateway into an actual cure, or belongs flushed down the toilet where all shit belongs. It's not a cure if only the 1% can afford it.

I just lost a great uncle to dementia. WWII vet, awesome family man....reduced to a shell of his former self. Devastating disease

I just lost a great uncle to dementia. WWII vet, awesome family man....reduced to a shell of his former self. Devastating disease

Dementia is nothing compared to Alzheimer's.

Actually according to hospice there is little difference and either can be diagonsed as the other.

Both are death sentences

Very correct.

Also, dementia is diagnosed when the patient doesn't take the formal test for Alzheimers. It was also diagnosed before the tests.

It's a spinal tap test. My mom refused it so she was diagnosed with dementia.

After my mom died her brain was autopsied and she most certainly had Alzheimers. It was diagnosed on the autopsy report.

For a long time the test was mostly psychological. So during that time both terms were used.

Both are very horrible diseases and both are a death sentence.

I welcome any and all good news in research for a cure or meaningful treatments.

If only this help had been discovered sooner. One of my most favorite singers has it.

God bless you and him and his family always!!!

Holly (a day one fan of Hal)

I have watched the disease from beginning to the end. Twice.

Yeesh. Only once for me (Grand Mother), and that was plenty. Sorry for your losses. Terrible disease.

Thanks. I watched my grandmother go through it too. Then my mother.

It's a gene that's passed from one generation to the other. The AOPE E gene. There are 4 of them in the sequence.

If a person has multiple numbers of the 4 or 3 of the APOE E gene they will get Alzheimers or dementia.

I've been tested and so have my siblings. One of us has it, my oldest sister. So I'll have to watch her go through it if a cure or a real treatment isn't developed.

That article is promising.

This is very good news for all those who suffer from this very evil disease. Whether the person is the patient or family or friend of the patient.

I have watched the disease from beginning to the end. Twice. It's a very evil disease. Hopefully we will see a time when people won't have to suffer from it.

Possible Alzheimer's prevention breakthrough reported
Your link:
$

"'We used a group of mice that have Alzheimer's Disease, and we injected them over a series of injections,' says PhD student Nicole Maphis.

"Maphis says the vaccine targets a specific protein known as tau that's commonly found in the brains of Alzheimer's patients.

"Maphis was pleased with test results."

Based on the years I spent volunteering and working with Alzheimer's patients, this is very good news for the 10,000 baby boomers currently retiring every day.

Forum List

Back