Good old pork chops.

I grill pork chops too.

The secret to a golden sear and moist chops is to slather each pork chop with mayo. Sounds bizarre, but you do not taste the mayo.

In Joe Biden's America, my favorite ribeye steak is $25 a pound. I'm not rich, so lately pork and chicken are the new meats when eating at home. My mom used to make kind of dried out pork chops occasionally back in the day. In the oven. Not so good. Shoe leathery.
So, after a sale on pork chops, about 3/8 of an inch thick, by the local grocery store, I embarked on a quest to cook a decent pork chop on the grill.
I began by salting to taste with sea salt, adding a medium sprinkling of black pepper and a dash of garlic powder.
Then, started the propane grille (Wallyworld special) and let it heat to 500F, cleaned the grates and threw it on with a sizzle. Waited for a hint of smoke, then turned for about 3 minutes.
NOT BAD! Everybody loved them.
Happiness is still possible, even in the current inflationary times!

Brine your chops for an hour. Rinse, dry and then grill. Nick the fat with a paring knife so they lay flat.

Butterfly the pork chops, stuff with asparagus, and wrap with bacon. In the oven. Certainly not dry.

• Disagree
Reactions: iku

Forum List

Back