Goodbye Beef - US Cattle Inventory Reaches 73 Year Low

It's not idle. The cows are fertilizing it for free and that land can be used to grow a different cash crop then they can be moved to another piece of land where that can be fertilized for free etc

There is a lot more to raising cattle than just letting them graze.

As if the price of beef isn't high enough in Joe Biden's America, look for even higher prices for beef and shortages soon.

Will someone please make America America again?

U.S. Cattle Inventory Reaches 73 Year Low​

"Not many ranchers active today will remember the last time the U.S. cattle industry was this small. On January 1, 2024, the All Cattle and Calves inventory was 87.15 million head, the smallest total inventory since 1951. The All Cattle and Calves inventory is 1.9 percent smaller year over year and is the fifth consecutive year of declining cattle inventories, a total decrease of 7.65 million head or 8.1 percent since the most recent peak in 2019. The 2023 calf crop was 33.6 million head, down 2.5 percent year over year and the smallest calf crop since 2014.

The January 1, 2024 beef cow herd inventory was 28.22 million head, down 2.5 percent year over year and a decrease of 3.47 million head or 10.9 percent lower, from the cyclical peak in 2019 (Table 1). The current beef cow inventory is the smallest beef cow herd since 1961. Table 1 shows that the top ten beef cow states, which currently represent 57.3 percent of total beef cows, accounted for 79.4 percent of the year over year decrease in total beef cow numbers and 67.7 percent of the decrease from 2019 to 2024..."

U.S. Cattle Inventory Reaches 73 Year Low

View attachment 899142
the real question is why since COVID has there been a constant yearly reduction?

I was hoping the article would go in to the causes, the problems.... But it didnt, it was just reporting the dire numbers. :(

I wonder if they are making the same amount of sales in dollars, as this industry was making in 2019, even with the reduction in heads sold,

due to the huge retail price increases they have been able to get, and hang on to??

Submission to Democrats
Resistance to democrats is obediance to God.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ummmm?
Whadahell does that mean?
'Submission'? 'Resistance'?

Are the two prolific posters above.....PeterP an GSatan......suggesting that I refuse to pay either my income taxes or property taxes to the State, which has a Democrat governor?
Just what the hell are these two blokes talking about?

I am beginning to doubt that either one really understands governance, and responsible citizenship, or, even being a contributing member to a community.

The longest period of low unemployment since 1969 and a record stock market. Oh the humanity! :rolleyes:

Oh wow, it costs me twice as much at the grocery store and used cars are up 40% since potato head child molester took office, but hey, my 401k looks good!

I guess it's become a real question, "Where's the beef?"

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ummmm?
Whadahell does that mean?
'Submission'? 'Resistance'?

Are the two prolific posters above.....PeterP an GSatan......suggesting that I refuse to pay either my income taxes or property taxes to the State, which has a Democrat governor?
Just what the hell are these two blokes talking about?

I am beginning to doubt that either one really understands governance, and responsible citizenship, or, even being a contributing member to a community.
We are saying that democrats are traitors to America for the WEF.

Democrats = treasonous

First, Americans came for the child mutilaters and everyone involved

Then Americans came for the open border human traffickers and the cartels.

Then they came for you, and all your allies were gone.

As production of cattle has plummeted to its lowest levels in decades, a rancher is warning that Americans are "going to pay the price" for the beef supply hitting a crisis point.

"This is a bad situation for America's cattle farmers and America because we're producing 1 billion pounds less beef than we were in this country, just a year ago," John Boyd, Jr. – president of the National Black Farmers Association – said during a Thursday interview on "Fox & Friends First."

Boyd has been farming and producing beef for 41 years, and he stressed, "I'm telling you, this is a time when we should be investing in America's cattle, and we're not doing it."

"We're not investing in America's beef and cattle farmers, and Biden policies are hurting America's cattlemen, such as myself," he continued. "They should be invested in America's cattle farmers and making sure that we have the tools needed to stay on the farm."

What don't people understand? The Climate cult long ago said they will have you riding your skate boards instead of cars and eating bugs instead of meat

Did you think they were joking?

Forum List

Back