Goodbye NFL.

Thing is, If John Wilkes Booth wouldn't have assassinated Lincoln, we wouldn't be having all these problems in our country because Lincoln intended to deport the negroes out of this country to Senegal and other places. Damn you John Wilkes Booth.
Ah, you would've just found another scapegoat.

The actual attendance numbers are down about 46000 per week year over year. So that's about 2/3 of an NFL stadium empty per week. Pretty significant, imo. But I wouldn't say it's "Goodbye NFL".

The actual attendance numbers are down about 46000 per week year over year. So that's about 2/3 of an NFL stadium empty per week. Pretty significant, imo. But I wouldn't say it's "Goodbye NFL".
wonder what the protest will be when they can't keep raising wages for players are revenue is just hit that badly.

it was a great protest. so much got resolved by their altruistic actions and they didn't divide people up at all. i could see them weekly get involved in community activities and make an effort to educate the public on our social issues. it's not like this was just for show cause the cameras were on and millions WERE watching, not at all.

crash n burn for all i care, NFL.

shitty teams draw shitty crowds ..

60-70-80 thousand fans go see their fav team every week.

all the knee-jerk RW morons dont have a F'n clue .. what else is new.

this is likely more for tickets sold vs. people actually turning the turnstyles.

last thursday for the cowboys / redskins game attendance was pretty damn sparse at best.
Cowboys fan attendance looked sparse in prime-time matchup vs. Redskins

no way were 91k people there.

Where are the pictures from the second half?
dunno. i'm one of the ones who really doesn't give a shit and even as a die-hard cowboys fan don't care about watching them anymore.

if you want to think they have no issues, fine. i think they got hurt on their hands but they'll recover. but the recovery is going to need to be genuine and not players suddenly wearing flags and walking around with the military.

even then i just won't care much anymore.

this is likely more for tickets sold vs. people actually turning the turnstyles.

last thursday for the cowboys / redskins game attendance was pretty damn sparse at best.
Cowboys fan attendance looked sparse in prime-time matchup vs. Redskins

no way were 91k people there.

Where are the pictures from the second half?

game had been over for 15 minutes

There are many here that have stated over the years that soccer will never replace American football as a national pastime in the United States. Football is a much more interesting game that requires a higher level of intelligence than soccer or basketball for that matter. The amount of planning and strategy that goes into football puts in on a higher level than games that just rely on dumb animal instinct like soccer or basketball which is why those sports pale in comparison to the viewership that football gets.

Those old enough to remember the taxi squad days of pro football have seen the game grow in popularity since the days YA Tittle and Frank Gifford. Now all the players are millionaires and have agents. But football is in danger of being replaced. Not because of injuries or concussions but because of petty politics and political correctness.

A second rate quarterback, Colin Kaepernick, has stepped out of a 1970’s Afro Sheen commercial and set himself as a freedom rider on Soul Train to incite teammates to flip the bird at the National Anthem by taking a knee. The only thing that’s missing in this anachronistic foolery is the Symbionese Liberation army.

Kaepernick is one of those players who had some possibilities when he entered the NFL but he never matured as a player or as a person. Speed and elusiveness only go so far in today’s NFL because all the defensive players are so fast and so smart. The only Hall of Fame quarterback that comes to mind who made a living with this strategy is Fran Tarkenton-we can probably all agree that Kaeperknick couldn’t hold Tarkenton’s jock strap.

The game has changed and the greatest quarterbacks Like Tom Brady, Aaron Rogers, and Peyton Manning have the mobility of a statue yet they lead their teams to victory by standing in the pocket and delivering laser-guided passes. They often take massive hits unlike Kaepernick who doesn’t want to mess up his nostalgic haircut.

Kaepernick has reinvented himself as a national celebrity protestor while the people he claims to represent in Chicago and Detroit are dying in droves. His NFL career is over and he’s just a fraud but there is a price to be paid for this-the disgust and dismay of the fans will result in an empty stadium.

Break out the shorts, sneakers and that round ball and get ready for soccer.

Forum List

Back