Goodbye NFL.

Make them an example for all. Slam them hard.

As a non-profit 501(c)3 organization beholden to IRS restrictions on political campaigning, the NFL cannot endorse a political candidate, nor campaigns nor political issues.

The players are walking a fine line with their very public #TakeAKnee political protest.

The IRS tax code clearly states that while it is perfectly appropriate for the NFL to encourage citizens to vote, their actions must not cross the line of favoring or encouraging their fan base to go against a candidate or group of candidates in the future.

Flag on the play? The NFL might get in trouble with taxpayers for getting political
I'm 100% in on removing the tax exempt status.

Immediately.

5 years and let them reapply.
it would be meaningless, because the individual franchises and owners are subject to tax. The NFL itself is more just a "pass through"

Their efforts, both on and off the field, help bring people together and make our community stronger.

Yeah, not so much when you disrespect the nation's flag, anthem, and vets who died for them and who are still serving and sacrificing for them.

I have the utmost respect for Brady, but going 'all in' to defend the actions of the NFL players as if they did nothing wrong?! I disagree, and so do a lot of Americans.

I fully support the players' right to do what they did while disagreeing with it. I also support fans' responses, whatever they may be.

according to YOU and the rest of the emo parrots, nfl players have been "disrespectful".

doesn't matter how many times they state their honorable intentions, dishonest emos continue to MELT. :eusa_clap:

“We were all obviously conflicted. We knew our message would be perceived by a lot of people in a way that wasn't what we were trying to put out," said McCourty, wearing a black and white t-shirt with the phrase, "No Place for Racism, Facism, Sexism and Hate."

“We wanted to come together first and foremost,” McCourty said. “We hate that people are going to see it as we don't respect the military and the men and women that are way braver than us, that go and put their life on the line every day for us to have the right to play football.

“Guys have family members – fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters that serve – and they were really conflicted about it. But we just wanted to send a message of unity and being together and not standing for the disrespect and different ways guys felt. So many different things going through a lot of guys heads and it was unique to see guys kind of come together and bond together as a group before the game, and do that.

“It was great to be a part of a lot of guys trying to do the right thing. Obviously it won't be seen as the right thing to everybody, but I think in our hearts, what we focused on the most, was that we were trying to do the right thing today. I'm proud of our guys and I'm proud of the group and the guys I get to go out and play football with.

“They are better people than they are football players."

Devin McCourty explains why Patriots knelt during national anthem

ap_rams_49ers_football_85161616.jpg

dallas-cowboys-kneeling-ap-jef-170925_12x5_992.jpg

“We came to the conclusion that we should kneel, rather than sit, during the anthem as a peaceful protest,” “We chose to kneel because it’s a respectful gesture. I remember thinking our posture was like a flag flown at half-mast to mark a tragedy.” In light of President Trump suggesting NFL owners should fire any “son of a bitch” who protests the national anthem, Reid added: “It baffles me that our protest is still being misconstrued as disrespectful to the country, flag and military personnel. We chose it because it’s exactly the opposite. It has always been my understanding that the brave men and women who fought and died for our country did so to ensure that we could live in a fair and free society, which includes the right to speak out in protest.”

http://www.theroot.com/10-things-less-disrespectful-than-kneeling-during-the-a-1818730392
let me ask you what have anyone of those athletes done to stop violence against blacks? do they go to the neighborhoods and listen to the issues, do they visit police stations to find out the issues? do they hold meetings in towns to learn what is what and help remove the issue? the answer is mostly no. where were they last week? do you think people paying 100 dollars a ticked really care about their bullshit fued with trump? how childish it is all me, me, me with them. they are disrespectful bunch accept a few. JJ Watt stepped up. And we know these big ass buffoons beat women. they have parties and rape women and hit them and treat them like scum. fk them and their beef. play the game they came to the stadium to play or go home.

Oh and one more thing, are they presuming there isn't any police issues with whites? LOL what a bunch of losers.

Wow, racist much.
I hit that one out of the park. When one has to call me racist for pointing out facts, it is a hilarious thing.

so, I'm unclear, but the folks in that organization in your link, do they believe in abortions? just asking, cause usually that is a qualifier.

what does it mean to "believe in abortions" ??

incidence of abortion has been a fact of life since the beginning of time, sorry snowflake. :lol:

(the high priest in the biblical Book of Numbers even prescribed abortion in cases of infidelity.)

yes, true Christians at 'The Christian Left' do not seek big daddy government oppression over human reproduction.
you should look up Roe vs Wade then, and who supports it and who doesn't. how fking stupid are you?

not stupid enough to go on about abortion in an NFL/racial justice thread. run along now, emo. :itsok:
and yet here you are.:banana:

Their efforts, both on and off the field, help bring people together and make our community stronger.

Yeah, not so much when you disrespect the nation's flag, anthem, and vets who died for them and who are still serving and sacrificing for them.

I have the utmost respect for Brady, but going 'all in' to defend the actions of the NFL players as if they did nothing wrong?! I disagree, and so do a lot of Americans.

I fully support the players' right to do what they did while disagreeing with it. I also support fans' responses, whatever they may be.

according to YOU and the rest of the emo parrots, nfl players have been "disrespectful".

doesn't matter how many times they state their honorable intentions, dishonest emos continue to MELT. :eusa_clap:

“We were all obviously conflicted. We knew our message would be perceived by a lot of people in a way that wasn't what we were trying to put out," said McCourty, wearing a black and white t-shirt with the phrase, "No Place for Racism, Facism, Sexism and Hate."

“We wanted to come together first and foremost,” McCourty said. “We hate that people are going to see it as we don't respect the military and the men and women that are way braver than us, that go and put their life on the line every day for us to have the right to play football.

“Guys have family members – fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters that serve – and they were really conflicted about it. But we just wanted to send a message of unity and being together and not standing for the disrespect and different ways guys felt. So many different things going through a lot of guys heads and it was unique to see guys kind of come together and bond together as a group before the game, and do that.

“It was great to be a part of a lot of guys trying to do the right thing. Obviously it won't be seen as the right thing to everybody, but I think in our hearts, what we focused on the most, was that we were trying to do the right thing today. I'm proud of our guys and I'm proud of the group and the guys I get to go out and play football with.

“They are better people than they are football players."

Devin McCourty explains why Patriots knelt during national anthem

ap_rams_49ers_football_85161616.jpg

dallas-cowboys-kneeling-ap-jef-170925_12x5_992.jpg

“We came to the conclusion that we should kneel, rather than sit, during the anthem as a peaceful protest,” “We chose to kneel because it’s a respectful gesture. I remember thinking our posture was like a flag flown at half-mast to mark a tragedy.” In light of President Trump suggesting NFL owners should fire any “son of a bitch” who protests the national anthem, Reid added: “It baffles me that our protest is still being misconstrued as disrespectful to the country, flag and military personnel. We chose it because it’s exactly the opposite. It has always been my understanding that the brave men and women who fought and died for our country did so to ensure that we could live in a fair and free society, which includes the right to speak out in protest.”

http://www.theroot.com/10-things-less-disrespectful-than-kneeling-during-the-a-1818730392
let me ask you what have anyone of those athletes done to stop violence against blacks? do they go to the neighborhoods and listen to the issues, do they visit police stations to find out the issues? do they hold meetings in towns to learn what is what and help remove the issue? the answer is mostly no. where were they last week? do you think people paying 100 dollars a ticked really care about their bullshit fued with trump? how childish it is all me, me, me with them. they are disrespectful bunch accept a few. JJ Watt stepped up. And we know these big ass buffoons beat women. they have parties and rape women and hit them and treat them like scum. fk them and their beef. play the game they came to the stadium to play or go home.

Oh and one more thing, are they presuming there isn't any police issues with whites? LOL what a bunch of losers.

Wow, racist much.
I hit that one out of the park. When one has to call me racist for pointing out facts, it is a hilarious thing.

Their playbook is really shallow.

liberal-playbook-1-ignore-facts-that-hurt-your-position-2-5254180.png

For all the idiots saying that the kneeling of NFL players during the National Anthem is NOT disrespecting the country / flag - and this includes the actual players who are saying this, you are either fooling yourself.

Those who are doing it, you are doing so because of Collin Kaepernick....WHO HIMSELF COMPLETELY DISAGREES WITH THE STATEMENT THAT THIS IS NOT ABOUT DISRESPECTING THE UNITED STATES:

"Lebron James: "It’s not about the disrespect of our flag and the military that’s made this world free."

Sports CEO Scott O’Neill: "I’m not sure we should make this about the flag as much as dialogue. … They’re not disrespecting the flag."

And
on and on and on

You want proof this is a lie? How about this…

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color."

Do you want to know who said that? None other than Colin Kaepernick
himself.

Contempt and disrespect for America is, according to the founder and father of these protests, the very foundation and basis of these protests."

Nolte: Defenders Say NFL Protests 'Not About Disrespecting' America -- Kaepernick Disagrees
Remember NYPD turning their backs on de Blasio? That was disrespectful in those old days.

I agree. I also believe what the players are doing is divisive and is working against what they are trying to do.
100% agreed. i wish they'd spend the time/energy and lost $$$ on endorsements to promote their cause within their cities. work with the police to help fix this. kneeling doesn't do a thing to make it better. it just makes people bitch more.
I am willing to bet that many of these kneeling NFL players give little to nothing to charity.

Yea, it's more of a racial justice issue.
Yeah...because you think blacks don't get justice in America, which only proves what a dupe you are.

A dupe would assume that Blacks in America do receive equal justice when every statistic about it shows differently.
show us that statistic.

NFL pissing on the Average Joe.
Bums, incarcerated, active criminals, homos, Antifa that you are trying to coddle just don't make up 5% of your fan base

A small irony. If you really wanted to punish NFL owners with taxes, you'd have to bring back the "death tax." LOL

punish NFL owners - tax them.

:lmao:

they get the city to pass another billion dollar bond, then they raise the price of tickets .. while they are sitting in their $100 million dollar booth laughing their asses off at Trump and RW idiots.

I am retired but occasionally work for an engineering consulting firm in the Tampa Bay area.

The firm has season tickets to the Buc's games in order to entertain clients. Common for the industry.

I got word yesterday that the office is not going to renew the tickets for next year nor go to any games this year. Two of the assholes on the team took a knee yesterday and the cowardly management didn't have the courage to fire the sonofabitches.

I bet this same scenario is going to be repeated all over America.

I am retired but occasionally work for an engineering consulting firm in the Tampa Bay area.

The firm has season tickets to the Buc's games in order to entertain clients. Common for the industry.

I got word yesterday that the office is not going to renew the tickets for next year nor go to any games this year. Two of the assholes on the team took a knee yesterday and the cowardly management didn't have the courage to fire the sonofabitches.

You should protest by going in costume.

One could take a knee in the parking lot.

he had on his cheerleader dress .. why ya figure he was hiding at the office ?

he had on his cheerleader dress .. why ya figure he was hiding at the office ?
I was thinking more the confederate uni. LOL

I agree. I also believe what the players are doing is divisive and is working against what they are trying to do.
100% agreed. i wish they'd spend the time/energy and lost $$$ on endorsements to promote their cause within their cities. work with the police to help fix this. kneeling doesn't do a thing to make it better. it just makes people bitch more.
I am willing to bet that many of these kneeling NFL players give little to nothing to charity.

Yea, it's more of a racial justice issue.
Yeah...because you think blacks don't get justice in America, which only proves what a dupe you are.

A dupe would assume that Blacks in America do receive equal justice when every statistic about it shows differently.
Victim-hood only keeps you down. Wake up!

Did OJ get justice?...and that was over 20 years ago.

I quit watching NFL games after the 1980 season.

Great! You've had plenty of time to attend all those klan rallies...
Instead of making asinine assumptions, perhaps it would do more good to ask me why I quit watching. This is a discussion forum correct? It had nothing to do with any one's race you fool.

I quit watching because no sooner than the champion Chicago Bears won the Superbowl, their management traded away all the players that took them there. Proving to me once and for all that the NFL does not care about the fans at all.

Well, since the Chicago Bears won the SB in 1986 and your quitting the NFL in 1980 because they traded those players kinda makes you a liar.
It kinda makes me forgetful. And your reply makes you a typical democrat. Cause all you have is name calling.

It kinda makes you forgetful? First, you missed the date by 6 years. Second, you make up some crap about trading/releasing those players by management (which also didn't happen) like the Chuck Finley World Series 1973 A's.

Both those falsehoods make you a republic liar.

Which like our cheeto president is typical of the new fact less conservative wing of the GOP.
Absolutely amazing! Your stupidity is breathtaking!

I quit watching NFL games after the 1980 season.

Great! You've had plenty of time to attend all those klan rallies...
Instead of making asinine assumptions, perhaps it would do more good to ask me why I quit watching. This is a discussion forum correct? It had nothing to do with any one's race you fool.

I quit watching because no sooner than the champion Chicago Bears won the Superbowl, their management traded away all the players that took them there. Proving to me once and for all that the NFL does not care about the fans at all.

Well, since the Chicago Bears won the SB in 1986 and your quitting the NFL in 1980 because they traded those players kinda makes you a liar.
It kinda makes me forgetful. And your reply makes you a typical democrat. Cause all you have is name calling.

It kinda makes you forgetful? First, you missed the date by 6 years. Second, you make up some crap about trading/releasing those players by management (which also didn't happen) like the Chuck Finley World Series 1973 A's.

Both those falsehoods make you a republic liar.

Which like our cheeto president is typical of the new fact less conservative wing of the GOP.
And I checked......the Bears took the championship in 85, not 86 fool. Now who's a liar?

Forum List

Back