Google to Pay $400 MILLION

ChemEngineer

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2019
Couldn't happen to a *nicer* bunch of Leftist scumbags.

Google has agreed to pay $391.5 million in a settlement with 40 US states over allegations that it illegally tracked users' locations.​

Alphabet's Google will pay $391.5 million to settle allegations by 40 states that the search and advertising giant illegally tracked users' locations, the Michigan attorney general's office said Monday.

The investigation and settlement, which was led by Oregon and Nebraska, is a sign of mounting legal headaches for the tech giant from state attorneys general who have aggressively targeted the firm's user tracking practices in recent months.

In addition to the payment, Google must be more transparent with consumers about when location tracking is occurring and give users detailed information about location-tracking data on a special web page, the Iowa attorney general's office said.

Google has agreed to pay $391.5 million in a settlement with 40 US states over allegations that it illegally tracked users' locations.​

Alphabet's Google will pay $391.5 million to settle allegations by 40 states that the search and advertising giant illegally tracked users' locations, the Michigan attorney general's office said Monday.

The investigation and settlement, which was led by Oregon and Nebraska, is a sign of mounting legal headaches for the tech giant from state attorneys general who have aggressively targeted the firm's user tracking practices in recent months.

In addition to the payment, Google must be more transparent with consumers about when location tracking is occurring and give users detailed information about location-tracking data on a special web page, the Iowa attorney general's office said.
Keep hiding in your bunker

Everything I post
Every online game I play

Somebody knows about

~~yawn~~

Keep hiding in your bunker

Everything I post
Every online game I play

Somebody knows about

~~yawn~~
Is that ok with you, flan? How about listening to you have sex? Or an argument? Googles got you covered. Your TV is programed to spy on you too. All good?
We can check right to privacy off the list. That is completely gone. Maybe you are too young to remember privacy. It was nice and gave you security and peace of mind. Your business was your business unless you decided otherwise. It was a nice right...

Let's keep going...
Now that we no longer have borders, and in order to house all the illegals, single family homes are about to be targeted. Google has cameras in homes that map out your rooms. Those dandy little robot vacuums, map your house and store the dimensions so google can determine who has more room than they need.

Just wait til they hook up your bank account to the "Federal Reserve" Corporation to enable withdrawals because of your greedy office room and that guest bedroom you think you need, and that family room with the fireplace, and the whole basement that you could house a group of newcomers in...

And they love your complacency...

Last edited:
I’ve got nothing to hide. I have all my privacy optimized to get me the most tailored and relevant advertising message to me to cause me to buy stuff I don’t need. I love it!

How much of that is going to the people who were illegally tracked?

If you were actually concerned, you might inquire of the court that rendered the decision.
I'm convinced that Google broke federal laws and was fined for this violation.
Why don't you explain how those people were financially damaged, and quantify their damages. Then lead the vanguard in a class action lawsuit.
Nawww, you won't bother to do any of that. You simply like to stir up **** any time someone points out wrongdoing by your Leftist pals.

Why don't you explain how those people were financially damaged,
Why would there be a law against it if no one was hurt by doing it?

and quantify their damages.
Easy. Their damages are exactly like those whom were damaged by the opinion of some kook on an internet podcast whom they never even heard that Alex Jones was fined over a billion dollars for. At least in that case, the "victims" are at least collecting most of the money.

You'd be better to ask of the 400 million being fined of Google how the Federal government was harmed in any way since THEY are the ones collecting all of the money?

STOP LYING TROLL 😈
I think it has been shown by your own posts that you don't value your privacy and other posters have made you aware of that as well, so it is clear I am not lying. BTW, enlightening morons is not trolling. You are Wrong and Wrong--on both counts. Try again?

I’ve got nothing to hide. I have all my privacy optimized to get me the most tailored and relevant advertising message to me to cause me to buy stuff I don’t need. I love it!
great. opt into that program and love it. the issue here is, people opted out AND THEY DID IT ANYWAY.

im all for you doing your thing and having your own values. would that you would do the same for others.

Google is liberal, not leftist.

Google despises and regularly de-platforms leftists as well as conservatives.

Forum List

Back