GOP Congressman "Doug" Collins, 9th Dist, Georgia: This is NOT a democracy

R

rdean

Gotta love it. When Douglas A. "Doug" Collins, GOP Congressman, 9th District, Georgia said: This is NOT a democracy, I chuckled, or chucked.

He was asked the question, "You have 21% of your district without health care, is that OK with you?". He said, well, we don't know if Obamacare would cover them anyway, so who knows?

He was told that if the House, the Senate, the President passed it and the Supreme Court found it constitutional, and Obama was "re-elected" running on this law, who are you to decide you don't want it?

He said he didn't care. He said this is not a democracy.

Can't wait until the video hits the Internet. Should be great. He was asked if he would use the clip, "This is not a democracy" in his re-election campaign. He just laughed.

Now get the, the demographics from his district:

Georgia 9th District Race Profile - Election 2010 - The New York Times

Income District

Median income $49,065 (thousands of dollars below the median for the entire US. Strange for a district that over 80% white)

Poverty rate 10.0% (higher than the national average)

Below $25,000 21.5% (more than 1/5th make LESS than $25,000?)

$25,000-$50,000 27.6%

Seems to me, these are exactly the people who could use health care.

Collins said they won't fund Obamacare and if that means shut down the government, hurts the American people, or whatever, it's the fault of the Senate and of the Democrats. Either they get their way or that's it.

Gotta love it. When Douglas A. "Doug" Collins, GOP Congressman, 9th District, Georgia said: This is NOT a democracy, I chuckled, or chucked.

He was asked the question, "You have 21% of your district without health care, is that OK with you?". He said, well, we don't know if Obamacare would cover them anyway, so who knows?

He was told that if the House, the Senate, the President passed it and the Supreme Court found it constitutional, and Obama was "re-elected" running on this law, who are you to decide you don't want it?

Can't wait until the video hits the Internet. Should be great. He was asked if he would use the clip, "This is not a democracy" in his re-election campaign. He just laughed.

Income District

Median income $49,065 (thousands of dollars below the median for the entire US. Strange for a district that over 80% white)

$25,000-$50,000 27.6%

Collins said they won't fund Obamacare and if that means shut down the government, hurts the American people, or whatever, it's the fault of the Senate and of the Democrats. Either they get their way or that's it.

Our Government is a Constitutional Republic Governed by the Rule of Law. There are still idiots who think we are a Democracy.

Obamacare is the worst Bill ever signed into law.
Shoved down our throats by a Democratic Majority in both Houses of Congress who never read the Bill. The Unions supported it and came back to bite them in the ass!

Income District

$25,000-$50,000 27.6%

Our Government is a Constitutional Republic Governed by the Rule of Law. There are still idiots who think we are a Democracy.

Shoved down our throats by a Democratic Majority in both Houses of Congress who never read the Bill. The Unions supported it and came back to bite them in the ass!

We are a democracy fuckstain.

That's right, worry about what a congressman says while the freaking president is turning the US into a 3rd world country.

Income District

$25,000-$50,000 27.6%

I saw this as well, Sharpton absolutely DESTROYED that right wing idiot. I was literally laughing my ass off watching him take that fool to school :lol:

Income District

$25,000-$50,000 27.6%

another liberal who thinks we are a democracy...:lol:

we are a republic as defined in our constitution

moron

Worse is that he doesn't seem to know that they cannot "repeal" or "defund" ObamaCare.

My question is, will the rw's ever get that through their thick heads?

Even Cruz finally admitted its not possible.

Income District

$25,000-$50,000 27.6%

Recite the pledge and you will see we are not, dipshit.

Read the Constitution and you will see we are a Republic:

Article IV Section 4 of the Constitution states: "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion .

Income District

$25,000-$50,000 27.6%

we are a Federal Republic which is a type of Democracy.....

we are a Federal Republic which is a type of Democracy.....

Incorrect.

We are a CONSTITUTIONAL Republic.

While we elect our representatives in a democratic fashion our rights do NOT depend on majority rule !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell that to voter suppression Republicans and the gays and blacks they have targeted for decades.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
he IS right. A simple democracy is a MOB rule - and that what happened the way obamacare was passed - as a mob would do - ramming through our throats blackmailing and threatening even their own - democrats who opposed it.

We are a REPUBLIC, not a democracy

Income District

$25,000-$50,000 27.6%

no, we aren't, moonbat idiot

Income District

$25,000-$50,000 27.6%

Of course you have a link so we can see the full context, or is this simply your opinion of what you think you saw?

Income District

$25,000-$50,000 27.6%

Of course you have a link so we can see the full context, or is this simply your opinion of what you think you saw?

The latter. Deany lives in a dream world...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiI8xNDH79g"]Young guns (peyote scene) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back