GOP debate revolt crumbles

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
The Republican effort to stage a united front on debate reforms began to crumble Monday night as several campaigns announced that they would not sign a letter of demands to debate media sponsors.

Late Monday afternoon, less than 24 hours after campaigns gathered outside Washington to discuss the reforms, Donald Trump's campaign announced that the GOP frontrunner would negotiate independently with the media organizations, spurning the other campaigns who had hoped to make a unified effort.

More: GOP debate revolt crumbles

And these people want to run our country? No thanks!

It's all in the rider. Dems have their own as well.

Makes sense to me. Every client I had in promo whether it was Ronnie Spector or Grace Slick or Sylvia Tyson all had a rider. Now what I learned early on and sort of shocked at it when you make the rider you always have to throw in something insanely wild so you could guarantee the venue would honor the rider.

Ditto for my bands.

For those in the business this is just 123.

The Republican effort to stage a united front on debate reforms began to crumble Monday night as several campaigns announced that they would not sign a letter of demands to debate media sponsors.

Late Monday afternoon, less than 24 hours after campaigns gathered outside Washington to discuss the reforms, Donald Trump's campaign announced that the GOP frontrunner would negotiate independently with the media organizations, spurning the other campaigns who had hoped to make a unified effort.

More: GOP debate revolt crumbles

And these people want to run our country? No thanks!

Hmmmmm. Let me see if I can pull up a Hillary rider.

So you want to book Hillarypalooza? For starters, you’re going to need some serious wampum — like $300,000 worth, if you’re getting the “special university rate.” From there, things get somewhat easier, assuming you and your team have easy access to lemon wedges, quadrilateral pillows and hummus.

According to internal communications obtained and published by This Very Publication, Hillary Rodham Clinton’s notable requirements include:

• A case of room-temperature water (still only — no bubbles)
  • A “computer, mouse and printer, as well as a scanner”
  • A lavaliere microphone
  • Chairs with two long rectangular pillows
  • “A carafe of warm/hot water, coffee cup and saucer, pitcher of room temperature water, water glass, and lemon wedges,” onstage as well as in a VIP meet-and-greet room.
  • And diet ginger ale and a platter of crudité and hummus in the green room.
Critics have said Team Hillary operates in a “rock star-like manner” (though it’s unclear what rock stars demand computer scanners backstage in 2014). But how does she compare to actual rock stars — the kind whose backstage demands have famously included things like “herring in sour cream” and a ban on brown M&Ms?

How Hillary Clinton’s ‘rock star’ demands compare to those from actual rock stars

These guys can't agree wh their own. How can they expect to reach across the asile ?

Forum List

Back