GOP Filibusters Russian Sanctions

Senate rejects effort to block Trump on Russia sanctions

The Senate on Wednesday narrowly rejected a Democratic-led effort to block President Trump from lifting sanctions against three Russian businesses.

Senators voted 57-42 to end debate on the resolution, falling short of the 60 votes needed. If all Democrats supported the measure, they needed to win over 13 GOP senators.

GOP Sens. John Boozman (Ark.), Susan Collins (Maine), Tom Cotton (Ark.), Steve Daines (Mont.), Cory Gardner (Colo.), Josh Hawley (Mo.), John Kennedy (La.), Martha McSally (Ariz.), Jerry Moran (Kan.), Marco Rubio (Fla.) and Ben Sasse (Neb.) voted to end debate on the resolution and advance it to a final vote.

The Trump administration announced plans late last month to relax sanctions on the three businesses — Rusal, EN+ and EuroSibEnergo — connected to Oleg Deripaska, an oligarch with ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin.

trump-flag.jpg

Hey G, that avatar fits you very well, kudos. LMAO

But thanks for the link.

Senate rejects effort to block Trump on Russia sanctions

The Senate on Wednesday narrowly rejected a Democratic-led effort to block President Trump from lifting sanctions against three Russian businesses.

Senators voted 57-42 to end debate on the resolution, falling short of the 60 votes needed. If all Democrats supported the measure, they needed to win over 13 GOP senators.

GOP Sens. John Boozman (Ark.), Susan Collins (Maine), Tom Cotton (Ark.), Steve Daines (Mont.), Cory Gardner (Colo.), Josh Hawley (Mo.), John Kennedy (La.), Martha McSally (Ariz.), Jerry Moran (Kan.), Marco Rubio (Fla.) and Ben Sasse (Neb.) voted to end debate on the resolution and advance it to a final vote.

The Trump administration announced plans late last month to relax sanctions on the three businesses — Rusal, EN+ and EuroSibEnergo — connected to Oleg Deripaska, an oligarch with ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin.

trump-flag.jpg

Hey G, that avatar fits you very well, kudos. LMAO

But thanks for the link.

trump-clown.jpg

HUH?

Why would we want to ease sanctions on this guy?

Because he kills ISIS fighters

No he doesn't. He doesn't have an army.
He's thinking of a different Oligarch who is funding mercs in Syria (with Putin's money) ...who....follow along here...

ATTACKED OUR TROOPS

Ah yes but the Americans wiped out the unit. 200 killed and not a single American was injured.

Fine soldiers those Russian.

HUH?

He's thinking of a different Oligarch who is funding mercs in Syria (with Putin's money) ...who....follow along here...

ATTACKED OUR TROOPS

Ah yes but the Americans wiped out the unit. 200 killed and not a single American was injured.

HUH?

ATTACKED OUR TROOPS

You really want to go there? They are more elite than ISIS

Russia was Obama's best friend and we have American astronauts on the Russian Space Station sharing technology but all of sudden the mainstream media manages to convince the crazy left that we are back in a Cold War after a republican is elected. No surprises here.

No I am touting Russian soldiers who kill ISIS.

I'm not so sure they doing much "ISIS killing". The Kurds do most of that with the help of our air power.

They DID however try to kill Americans

No I am touting Russian soldiers who kill ISIS.

I'm not so sure they doing much "ISIS killing". The Kurds do most of that with the help of our air power.

They DID however try to kill Americans
Dale Smith thinks Russian Mercs trying to kill American troops is "funny".

I wonder why he would think that

Wow, the government is really fucked up. Its shutdown and locked down. Nothing will happen for the next two years.

It's started. Government Employees are not filing for State Unemployment insurance. Now it's going to cost the states billions on top of everything else for Unemployment Insurance. Think of this, the House has presented more than one bill to reopen the Government up and a backroom poll of the Senate shows that it would be a go and be veto proof. One man stands in the way. McConnel will not allow any of those bills on the floor for an open vote. McConnel finished breaking the Government. Every bill that the house presents to the Senate will have those provisions tacked on and that means all bills will be blocked no matter what they are. Even if its veto proof. That isn't the way the system is supposed to work.

So we have 2 of the branches completely broke. Would someone PLEASE get this in front of the one branch that is still working, the Supreme Court.

Wrong thread genius.

Now tell me why the hell Trump and the GOP have eased sanctions against that Russian oligarch

"Each year I serve in the Senate, I have less faith in government, not more. Once I viewed behind the curtain of legislating, it became apparent that self-government is the only government I could ever fully support." - Senator Susan Collins

Let's be clear here. Russian mercenaries in the pay of a Russian oligarch (essentially Putin's "little green men" like they use to attack Ukraine) attacked an American air base in Syria. Four HUNDRED of them were killed. It was a substantial (although inept) attack.

Was Trump outraged?

Were these RT trolls outraged?

Nope. They tout those Russian mercs and think the attack was "funny"

Forum List

Back