GOP helps everyone but Christians and children

Remember, the hundreds of thousands of Christians that were either killed or chased out of Iraq? Where did they go? They didn't come here. I thought US Right wingers liked Christians. The majority of them fled Iraq when Republicans controlled both houses and Bush was president. We know why Republicans refused to help them. Do USMB Republicans know why their party refused to help hundreds of thousands of Christians?

Now, you have Republicans willing to arm rebels in Syria and the Ukraine knowing nothing about them, but unwilling to let in children running from danger?

Republicans want neighboring countries in the middle east to take in 5 million refugees but willingly wants to send thousands of children back, for many, to certain death.

To me, these seem like very strange, extreme and dangerous positions. Anyone care to explain them?

In previous wars, America allowed a large number of foreign nationals into the country. Vietnam stands out in my mind. Personally, I've met and known quite a few former Vietnamese people and/or their children.

But Iraq was way different (Afghanistan too). Years ago I read that, under Bush and Cheney, the US was allowing VERY FEW Iraqis into this country. Even the ones who worked for us were basically cut loose to fend for themselves despite the fact that their lives were in danger due to their association with Americans. To this date, I've never met a average former Iraqi citizen or even seen one interviewed on TV, Christian or Muslim.

Government assistance doesnt combat poverty. It creates more of it.

Individual hard work and charity on the other hand can.

Is that why trillions of US Government assistance in Iraq failed?

Failed in combatting Iraqi poverty? It was never intended to combat poverty. It was sent to rebuild after a war.

And it would have been far more effective if we didn't have the current abysmal foreign policy

Ummm, let's see. Trillions spent to rebuild, but not combat poverty? You mean "rebuild poverty"? Wow, that sounds like the GOP deep thinkers came up with another successful plan. Well, it seems to have worked.

Remember, the hundreds of thousands of Christians that were either killed or chased out of Iraq? Where did they go? They didn't come here. I thought US Right wingers liked Christians. The majority of them fled Iraq when Republicans controlled both houses and Bush was president. We know why Republicans refused to help them. Do USMB Republicans know why their party refused to help hundreds of thousands of Christians?

Now, you have Republicans willing to arm rebels in Syria and the Ukraine knowing nothing about them, but unwilling to let in children running from danger?

Republicans want neighboring countries in the middle east to take in 5 million refugees but willingly wants to send thousands of children back, for many, to certain death.

To me, these seem like very strange, extreme and dangerous positions. Anyone care to explain them?

In previous wars, America allowed a large number of foreign nationals into the country. Vietnam stands out in my mind. Personally, I've met and known quite a few former Vietnamese people and/or their children.

But Iraq was way different (Afghanistan too). Years ago I read that, under Bush and Cheney, the US was allowing VERY FEW Iraqis into this country. Even the ones who worked for us were basically cut loose to fend for themselves despite the fact that their lives were in danger due to their association with Americans. To this date, I've never met a average former Iraqi citizen or even seen one interviewed on TV, Christian or Muslim.

My point exactly. Ask USMB Republicans what happened to the million Christians that disappeared from Iraq and all they can do is call names and say you can't prove that ever happened. It's like Jewish Holocaust deniers. Except the Christian Holocaust in Iraq is being denied by American Christians. And I've never heard of a Jewish Holocaust Denier.

Obama is the one arming the paid mercenaries errrrrrrrrrrrrr rebels in Syria. ISIS is driving the Christians out of territory they hold.

You know ISIS. The worlds largest and best funded terror army on the planet that Obama turned a blind eye to because he desperately wants Assad deposed.

You know. ISIS the terror army beheading its way to Baghdad and Obama refusing to give air support to Maliki.

You've got some nerve blaming Republicans for ISIS. And hell's bells Obama backed the coup in the Ukraine you dolt. Obama's not arming the pro Russian rebels.

There is now one less place for Iraq’s Christians to call home. Since the U.S. military-led invasion in 2003, the country’s minorities have watched as their places of worship have come under attack and the prospects for practicing their religion without persecution have become increasingly grim.

Now, the Islamic State armed group has solidified its grip on the northern city of Mosul and imposed a deadline over the weekend demanding Christians either convert, pay a tax or “face the sword.” With that ultimatum, thousands of Christians fled, leaving most of what they own behind. They made their way to Erbil in the Kurdish-controlled region in the north, as well as the Christian city of Qaraqosh, southeast of Mosul, and also under the protection of the Kurdish peshmerga.

“For the first time in the history of Iraq, Mosul is now empty of Christians,” said Patriarch Louis Sako, one of Iraq’s senior Chaldean Catholic clerics.

The events over the weekend drew concern from the Vatican and anger from Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, who said the Islamic State and its “aggression against the churches and houses of worship in areas under their control reveals beyond any doubt the extremist criminal and terrorist nature of this group.”

“Those people,” Maliki said, “through their crimes, are revealing their true identity and the false allegations made here and there about the existence of revolutionaries among their ranks.”

In Iraq, Christians fleeing Mosul take refuge with Kurds | Al Jazeera America

Last edited:

Obama is the one arming the paid mercenaries errrrrrrrrrrrrr rebels in Syria. ISIS is driving the Christians out of territory they hold.

You know ISIS. The worlds largest and best funded terror army on the planet that Obama turned a blind eye to because he desperately wants Assad deposed.

You know. ISIS the terror army beheading its way to Baghdad and Obama refusing to give air support to Maliki.

You've got some nerve blaming Republicans for ISIS. And hell's bells Obama backed the coup in the Ukraine you dolt. Obama's not arming the pro Russian rebels.

There is now one less place for Iraq’s Christians to call home. Since the U.S. military-led invasion in 2003, the country’s minorities have watched as their places of worship have come under attack and the prospects for practicing their religion without persecution have become increasingly grim.

Now, the Islamic State armed group has solidified its grip on the northern city of Mosul and imposed a deadline over the weekend demanding Christians either convert, pay a tax or “face the sword.” With that ultimatum, thousands of Christians fled, leaving most of what they own behind. They made their way to Erbil in the Kurdish-controlled region in the north, as well as the Christian city of Qaraqosh, southeast of Mosul, and also under the protection of the Kurdish peshmerga.

“For the first time in the history of Iraq, Mosul is now empty of Christians,” said Patriarch Louis Sako, one of Iraq’s senior Chaldean Catholic clerics.

The events over the weekend drew concern from the Vatican and anger from Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, who said the Islamic State and its “aggression against the churches and houses of worship in areas under their control reveals beyond any doubt the extremist criminal and terrorist nature of this group.”

“Those people,” Maliki said, “through their crimes, are revealing their true identity and the false allegations made here and there about the existence of revolutionaries among their ranks.”

Stop the bullshit.

Isis are Sunni.

When Republicans invaded Iraq, they disbanded the Sunni Army leaving a couple of million armed men without jobs or a way to take care of their families.

Then they put together a Shiite government that has virtually excluded the Sunni's.

That the the birth if Isis. How can you not know that? Duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Envoy: Bush OK'd Plan To Disband Iraq Army - CBS News

Bush: 'I can't remember why we disbanded the Iraqi army'

Who disbanded the Iraqi army?

We now know that when Republicans disbanded the Sunni Army in Iraq, they left a couple of million armed and well trained soldiers without jobs or money for their families. This is the foundation of Isis.

Only Republicans could screw up so terribly and be completely unaware of their failure.

article-2270418-173D94A4000005DC-887_634x750.jpg

Talk about "dazed and confused".

Stop the bullshit.

Isis are Sunni.

When Republicans invaded Iraq, they disbanded the Sunni Army leaving a couple of million armed men without jobs or a way to take care of their families.

Then they put together a Shiite government that has virtually excluded the Sunni's.

That the the birth if Isis. How can you not know that? Duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You think Bush is still running this country? You think Bush armed ISIS? You're such a retard. Look it up, Obama is the president. Obama is not a republican. Duh!

Last edited:

Failed in combatting Iraqi poverty? It was never intended to combat poverty. It was sent to rebuild after a war.

And it would have been far more effective if we didn't have the current abysmal foreign policy

speaking of "foreign policy", John, "I served in Viet Cong fight to beat out the American military" Kerry, he has done a real "BANG" up job so far, e.g., Kerry has proven time and again that he falls down often, especially when tripping over his own tongue. Yesterday’s gaffe is just the latest in a long line of dumb remarks the senator has directed toward U.S. troops. While only the most strident ideologue would suggest Kerry has something against our men and women in uniform, he has been his own worst enemy on such matters because he refuses to admit mistakes.

typical for any liberliar especially the ones here on USMB

If only more faiths had Relief Socities like LDS, America would need less government "charity". Government charity costs more to give than that which is received.

'Republicans refused to help them' - Please provide legislation that the republicans voted down that would have helped 'Iraqi Christians'.

Please provide any evidence that 'republicans' are solely responsible for arming anyone, and how that is in any way related to the Iraqi 'Christians'.

Link? Which 'republicans' have control over what the middle east does or does not do?

.. to certain death... :cuckoo:

Link? What 'republicans' have these 'positions', where have they submitted legislation, or voted down legislation, for any of this?

'Republicans refused to help them' - Please provide legislation that the republicans voted down that would have helped 'Iraqi Christians'.

Please provide any evidence that 'republicans' are solely responsible for arming anyone, and how that is in any way related to the Iraqi 'Christians'.

Link? Which 'republicans' have control over what the middle east does or does not do?

Link? What 'republicans' have these 'positions', where have they submitted legislation, or voted down legislation, for any of this?

Hello, knock knock. When Republicans invaded Iraq they held both houses, the presidency and the Supreme Court. Why would they offer legislation to help people they ignore and then vote it down? That doesn't make sense. There was never any Republican legislation to help the Christians of Iraq. How can you not know that? It's been in papers all over the world except on Fox. Oh wait, that explains it.

Do yourself a favor. Go to Google and search out what happened and when to the Christians in Iraq. You could learn something valuable. It's not fair for me to post information and the ignorant not read it and then claim they never heard anything about it.

Hello, knock knock. When Republicans invaded Iraq they held both houses, the presidency and the Supreme Court. Why would they offer legislation to help people they ignore and then vote it down? That doesn't make sense. There was never any Republican legislation to help the Christians of Iraq. How can you not know that? It's been in papers all over the world except on Fox. Oh wait, that explains it.

Do yourself a favor. Go to Google and search out what happened and when to the Christians in Iraq. You could learn something valuable. It's not fair for me to post information and the ignorant not read it and then claim they never heard anything about it.

Provide links and legislation to back up your 'claims' from the origianal op, or they're meaningless.

I could pick apart the above post that is full of lies, 'republicans invaded Iraq', do you seriously need, for the millionth time, the list of reps in Congress that voted for war in Iraq? What is it with you loons? Don't you get that repeating lies over and over isn't going to get you where it has gotten you in the past? People are fed up with it, it's not working. You can't keep attacking the 'enemy', in the words of your president, and not offer anything from your own side. It's gone on too long, and the people in this country are fed up with the bullshit.

No one gives a shit about Iraq or Bush or the 'republicans' at that time other than you, everyone is worried about the last six years of high unemployment, exploding debt, soaring numbers on welfare and food stamps, treatment of our own citizens and military vets, soaring gas prices, soaring grocery prices, a total clusterfuck at the southern border, and your dumbass party has been IN CHARGE for all of it.

Ummm, let's see. Trillions spent to rebuild, but not combat poverty? You mean "rebuild poverty"? Wow, that sounds like the GOP deep thinkers came up with another successful plan. Well, it seems to have worked.

You aren't very good at rewriting what others say, are you? Nothing to be ashamed of. Not many people are good at lying, even those like yourself who do so constantly.

Are you seriously suggesting you don't know the difference between rebuilding infrastructure and combating poverty? Not surprised. As governments can build infrastructure. They can't combat poverty. I would think over 50 years of the "War on Poverty" making things worse for the poor would be enough evidence for you.

Infrastructure in Iraq was rebuilt, the fact that ISIS is now destroying it doesn't change the fact that it was built. Nor does it eliminate the responsibility of this administration for ISIS's actions.

In other words, when called to back up your claims, you can't.

To the USMB idiot morons who refuse to learn any fucking thing about recent history:

How the Iraq War Became a War on Christians | The American Conservative

In March 2003, on the eve of war in Iraq, Pope John Paul II dispatched Cardinal Pio Laghi, a senior Vatican diplomat, to Washington to make a final plea to Bush not to invade. Laghi, chosen for his close ties to the Bush family, outlined “clearly and forcefully” the Vatican’s fears of what would follow an invasion: protracted war, significant casualties, violence between ethnic and religious groups, regional destabilization, “and a new gulf between Christianity and Islam.” The warning was not heeded.

Two weeks after the Bush-Laghi meeting, on March 19, 2003, Operation Iraqi Freedom commenced. Shortly after combat operations concluded on May 1, the real conflict began. Amid the chaos and sectarian violence that followed, Iraq’s Christians suffered severe persecution. Neither the military nor the State Department took action to protect them.

---------------------------------------------

It's recent history stupid right wingers. How can you not know what just happened????

---------------------------------------------

In Iraq, ancient Christianity lies in ruins. But who cares? »

Perhaps the crowds would have been bigger if the West had been paying attention to the desperate pleas for help from Chaldeans and Assyrians over the past decade.

-------------------------------------------------

Are your faces smeared yet? Thanks Bush, Thanks Republicans. It was the Republicans in charge of both houses and the presidency.

------------------------------------------------------

Bush Policies Promote Global Jihad

Bush is now working with the U.N. to create a Muslim state in Kosovo.

On July 25, the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom held a major hearing on religious persecution in Iraq that made your stomach turn. It effectively demonstrated that American soldiers, many of them Christians, are giving their lives and limbs to prop up a Muslim government that encourages or tolerates religious persecution against Christians. Michael Cromartie, chairman of the group and an appointee of President Bush, said reports indicate that nearly half of Iraq’s Christians have already fled the country.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

How can these USMB right wingers be so fucking stupid. This is recent history. How can they not know the Bush administration stood by and watched what happened to Christians and did NOTHING?

And they call me a liar? Tell me to prove recent history? Where the fuck have they been???? Somebody explain to me how this can be!

-----------------------------------------------------------

'Obliterating' Iraq's Christians | OnFaith

In 2007, Pope Benedict directly told President Bush that in Iraq, “the society that was evolving would not tolerate the Christian religion.” Yet, no American policy was directed to enable this ancient group survive the religious cleansing that the invasion unleashed.

--------------------------------------------------------

Still stupid?

---------------------------------------------------------

Christian Massacres: A Result of U.S. Foreign Policy

In the wake of the U.S. invasion and occupation — which in 2007 the Congressional Budget Office estimated would cost U.S. taxpayers about $2 trillion — Christianity in Iraq might very well be fully eradicated. Reliable estimates found that about 1.4 million Christians lived in Iraq before 2003. Today, that number is less than 500,000, with some experts claiming the true figure is actually around 200,000. In all, some two-thirds of the nation’s Christians have already fled or been killed.

After the United States invaded, however, everything changed. “The Assyrians have survived the coming of the Persians, the Arabs, and the Turks,” Chancy observed. “It remains to be seen if they will survive the coming of the Americans.” Unfortunately, as Chancy and countless other analysts warned, Christians did not fare well.

Businesses were seized, churches were bombed, women were raped, Sharia law was brutally enforced, and Christians, including women and children, were viciously slaughtered. Muslim extremists throughout the nation and Kurdish nationalists in northern areas — supposedly U.S. allies — all participated in the massacres and persecution.

A year after the U.S. invasion, Chancy’s dire warnings had become reality. “In fact, the current policies of the Bush administration are threatening to absolutely devastate ancient and pious Christian communities whose blood will be on all our heads,” he observed in late 2004, saying the American people had become accomplices in the slaughter and destruction of large segments of the world’s Christian population.

-----------------------------------------------------------

GO ahead USMB idiot right wingers. Prove me wrong. I dare you. That was a REpublican War. They tricked the country into a war with a country they knew nothing about. And they remain as ignorant as possible. No wonder all their policies FAIL. Because that's all they know. The previous comments prove it.

So where are the now? Those ignorant right wingers who don't believe Bush didn't help Iraq's Christians? Run off with tail between legs?

RDean... The moron. The communist nazi POS that votes for income rape on his fellow citizens for his benefit. Then has the gall to turn around right after the rape and beat the shit out of his victims for not saving the world while being raped by his gestapo.

Forum List

Back