GOP House Majority Whip Steve Scalise Spoke At White Supremacist Conference

Oh, this is destined to be big.

Majority Whip Steve Scalise Struggles To Distance Himself From David Duke

House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.), whose office has been beating back criticism Monday about a speech he gave at a 2002 gathering hosted by a white supremacist group, just received some ill-timed praise from the group's founder. The notorious former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke described Scalise as "a fine family man" with whom he often agrees despite his support for Israel.

For his part, Scalise's office has said he was unaware of the white supremacist group's views when as a state lawmaker, he spoke at the 2002 conference. But in 1999, then-state Rep. Scalise told a Washington newspaper that he agreed with many of Duke's "conservative" views.

Duke told The Huffington Post that he doesn't remember speaking with Scalise before the conference. But it would have been nothing out of the ordinary for a Louisiana Republican at the time, he claimed.

"I literally defeated the Republican sitting governor of that state," said Duke, referring to the 1991 race in which he forced a runoff against Democratic candidate Edwin Edwards. "I had a huge amount of Republican support."
<more>
Senator Byrd was third in line to the presidency in the late 90's.
As was Trent Lott at the time he praised Strom Thurmond.
Or the way Clinton praised Byrd at his funeral?

1208486_42265356451883.jpg

01-the-kkk-wants-you.jpg

This is how I picture the new GOP - a shameful disgrace.

Where did you find a picture of Robert Bird?
The Byrd defense doesn't work anymore. Sort of like an admission of defeat when that is what you depend on.
This story can't go away fast enough for Republicans.

Go away? It's twelve years old and gives of the stench of desperation it is so mediocre of news. A guy from the south meets constituents at a hotel to talk about tax policy which happens to be a white nationalist fest.

Holy fuck! how incredibly.....zzzzzzz.....
The story of his attending a conference held by white supremacy folks isn't the main story. The main story is that the Republicans have chosen him to be a party leader.

:lmao:

Yeah, man. Talking tax policy 12 years ago at a hotel convention must mean he's a member of the KKK. Along with every other member of the republican party, the caucus, the constituency and the fucking elephant himself. In fact, I heard that as soon as the next congress convenes they are going to swear this guy in as third tier grand master wizard of the party...

You're deranged, fella. Clearly.
No, I understand branding and you don't. You can defend this guy all you want, the damage has already been done and you can not undo it. The longer it is debated and talked about the more reinforcement the branding gets. Republicans struggle with the branding that calls it racist and infiltrated with extremist that oppose minorities. They are branded with being the party of intolerance and each time something like this pops up the branding is reinforced. Individual politician first, party second, country last. That is your brand. The Republican brand.

Wassamatta Steve? Nervous?

I would be too if I was carrying bogus quotes in my sigline....

Obama
It only matters if there is some cost. Republicans keep winning congress. So there is no cost.

Ex-KKK leader David Duke Lay off Steve Scalise or I 8217 ll start naming other pols I met with

Former KKK leader says his political adviser was 8216 friendly 8217 with Rep. Scalise - The Washington Post

Scalise In 1999 I Agree With KKK Leader On Conservative Issues But He Can t Get Elected

Following new revelations that House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-LA) addressed a white nationalist group founded by a former KKK leader, Roll Call resurfaced a 1999 interview in which Scalise, then a state legislator considering a congressional bid, offered his thoughts on the man who is now causing so much trouble for his career.

Scalise has acknowledged that he spoke in front of the European-American Rights and Unity Organization in 2002, though he has said this week that he "didn't know who all of these groups were and I detest any kind of hate group."

EURO was founded by David Duke, who is described by the Southern Poverty Law Center as "the most recognizable figure of the American radical right, a neo-Nazi, longtime Klan leader and now international spokesman for Holocaust denial."

-----------------------------------------------------
Come on. Who in Louisiana doesn't know who David Dukes is?

I just like Republicans showing America who they are. I have no problem with this. Good to see them being honest.
Scalise's district in LA is where David Duke lives. He knew all about Duke.[/QUOTE
European-American rights group

oh, the horror
It's the KKK without the sheets.

because you say so

The Byrd defense doesn't work anymore. Sort of like an admission of defeat when that is what you depend on.

Go away? It's twelve years old and gives of the stench of desperation it is so mediocre of news. A guy from the south meets constituents at a hotel to talk about tax policy which happens to be a white nationalist fest.

The story of his attending a conference held by white supremacy folks isn't the main story. The main story is that the Republicans have chosen him to be a party leader.

Yeah, man. Talking tax policy 12 years ago at a hotel convention must mean he's a member of the KKK. Along with every other member of the republican party, the caucus, the constituency and the fucking elephant himself. In fact, I heard that as soon as the next congress convenes they are going to swear this guy in as third tier grand master wizard of the party...

No, I understand branding and you don't. You can defend this guy all you want, the damage has already been done and you can not undo it. The longer it is debated and talked about the more reinforcement the branding gets. Republicans struggle with the branding that calls it racist and infiltrated with extremist that oppose minorities. They are branded with being the party of intolerance and each time something like this pops up the branding is reinforced. Individual politician first, party second, country last. That is your brand. The Republican brand.
Your brand lets a true racist a kkk leader be third in line to the presidency.

Since Democrat Bobby Rush was a Black Panther, shouldn't he be requested to leave the House?

Well bring it on. Because nothing says "hypocrisy" like running bogus sigline quotes trying to make other people look like racists while simultaneously running the wise words of a KKK guy and an avatar of black people made to look like apes.

The only thing that needs defending are the failed Democrat policies of the last 8 years that have caused poverty and stagnation among the middle class, including most black families.
The Left's pathetic attempt to resurrect some decade old incident wont keep voters from noticing that Democrats are lying racist pieces of shit.

And he delivered a warning to both Republicans and Democrats: Treat Scalise fairly, and don’t try to make political hay out of the situation. Or he said he would be inclined to release a list of names of all the politicians — both Republicans and Democrats — with whom he has ties.

Silly racist- just release the names and stop trying to pretend anyone cares what you think .

Mr Duke needs to put up or shut up, threats from his type are usually empty but anyone that has furthered that piece of trash in this world needs to go down hard.

It only matters if there is some cost. Republicans keep winning congress. So there is no cost.

Ex-KKK leader David Duke Lay off Steve Scalise or I 8217 ll start naming other pols I met with

Former KKK leader says his political adviser was 8216 friendly 8217 with Rep. Scalise - The Washington Post

Scalise In 1999 I Agree With KKK Leader On Conservative Issues But He Can t Get Elected

Following new revelations that House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-LA) addressed a white nationalist group founded by a former KKK leader, Roll Call resurfaced a 1999 interview in which Scalise, then a state legislator considering a congressional bid, offered his thoughts on the man who is now causing so much trouble for his career.

Scalise has acknowledged that he spoke in front of the European-American Rights and Unity Organization in 2002, though he has said this week that he "didn't know who all of these groups were and I detest any kind of hate group."

EURO was founded by David Duke, who is described by the Southern Poverty Law Center as "the most recognizable figure of the American radical right, a neo-Nazi, longtime Klan leader and now international spokesman for Holocaust denial."

-----------------------------------------------------
Come on. Who in Louisiana doesn't know who David Dukes is?

I just like Republicans showing America who they are. I have no problem with this. Good to see them being honest.

Because, because, because...... BENGHAZI!!!
That's what P M S says when you gegegegege his gagagaga.

Scalise's district in LA is where David Duke lives. He knew all about Duke.

Obama knew that Rev Wright preached hate against Whites, Jews and the USA and he made Wright his "spiritual advisor" and racist Libtards voted for him.

There re NO Jews or minorities in the GOP in congress except one APPOINTED Black man .We Jews voted over 70% for Obama in 2008 n 2012 :itsok:
Wake up ****** hater...he was elected by a stunning margin in November,
It must suck to be a moron.

Forum List

Back