GOP House Majority Whip Steve Scalise Spoke At White Supremacist Conference

Oh, this is destined to be big.

Majority Whip Steve Scalise Struggles To Distance Himself From David Duke

For his part, Scalise's office has said he was unaware of the white supremacist group's views when as a state lawmaker, he spoke at the 2002 conference. But in 1999, then-state Rep. Scalise told a Washington newspaper that he agreed with many of Duke's "conservative" views.

You are what's wrong with America.

Engaging in character assassination of someone just because he's occasionally nodded his/ her head in agreement with an unpopular American enigma doesn't necessarily make that someone a carbon copy of the enigma.

Further, just because Duke's name is tainted by a repugnant organization of which he's been a member and spokesman doesn't mean the guy can't be a deep thinker and occasionally make some introspective comments on contemporary international sociopolitical issues.

In short, you are doing what cable news networks do: painting with too broad of a brush.

You need to think about your actions here the next time you whine about the death of good journalism. Moron.
So if Sharpton says something agreeable, you will support him?

The story of his attending a conference held by white supremacy folks isn't the main story. The main story is that the Republicans have chosen him to be a party leader.

:lmao:

Yeah, man. Talking tax policy 12 years ago at a hotel convention must mean he's a member of the KKK. Along with every other member of the republican party, the caucus, the constituency and the fucking elephant himself. In fact, I heard that as soon as the next congress convenes they are going to swear this guy in as third tier grand master wizard of the party...

You're deranged, fella. Clearly.
No, I understand branding and you don't. You can defend this guy all you want, the damage has already been done and you can not undo it. The longer it is debated and talked about the more reinforcement the branding gets. Republicans struggle with the branding that calls it racist and infiltrated with extremist that oppose minorities. They are branded with being the party of intolerance and each time something like this pops up the branding is reinforced. Individual politician first, party second, country last. That is your brand. The Republican brand.
Your brand lets a true racist a kkk leader be third in line to the presidency.
Not my brand. Robert Byrd from West Virginia is not very relevant in 2015. The newly elected congressman who just got a leadership position in the Republican Congress is.
Translation: My racist is OK, your racist is not.
If the people of his district elected him he is their House Rep and that is the way it should be. I'm saying the Repub leadership is being stupid by giving him a leadership position. There are plenty of Republicans who could do that job and shine. This guy is only going to bring grief. But it makes the Tea people happy. So the Repubs are kissing Tea party ass before the carnival even gets started.

I have no problem with this...I just think Scalise is stupid. Too stupid to know where he was speaking and too stupid to condemn until too late. Stupid being the key here...not racist. In the end, too stupid to hold the label of Conservative.

It only matters if there is some cost. Republicans keep winning congress. So there is no cost.

Ex-KKK leader David Duke Lay off Steve Scalise or I 8217 ll start naming other pols I met with

Former KKK leader says his political adviser was 8216 friendly 8217 with Rep. Scalise - The Washington Post

Scalise In 1999 I Agree With KKK Leader On Conservative Issues But He Can t Get Elected

Following new revelations that House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-LA) addressed a white nationalist group founded by a former KKK leader, Roll Call resurfaced a 1999 interview in which Scalise, then a state legislator considering a congressional bid, offered his thoughts on the man who is now causing so much trouble for his career.

Scalise has acknowledged that he spoke in front of the European-American Rights and Unity Organization in 2002, though he has said this week that he "didn't know who all of these groups were and I detest any kind of hate group."

EURO was founded by David Duke, who is described by the Southern Poverty Law Center as "the most recognizable figure of the American radical right, a neo-Nazi, longtime Klan leader and now international spokesman for Holocaust denial."

-----------------------------------------------------
Come on. Who in Louisiana doesn't know who David Dukes is?

I just like Republicans showing America who they are. I have no problem with this. Good to see them being honest.

Because Dems don't care when their members hang out with racist groups.

The left is shocked that the guy might have given a speech more than a dozen years ago to some obscure organization now deemed to be "supremest" but former senator Robert Byrd's membership in the KKK was fine as long as he was a democrat? Freaking hypocrites.

Last edited:
I think Obama's dog still pals around with terriers. :p

:rofl:

rimshot.gif

The left is shocked that the guy might have given a speech more than a dozen years ago but former senator Robert Byrd's membership in the KKK was fine as long as he was a democrat? Freaking hypocrites.

Robert Byrd's membership in the KKK was over before he even ran for office.

I know Photoshop makes it look differently but that's what you get when you source sloppily.

n-LAMAR-WHITE-large570.jpg

NEW YORK -- In early December, Lamar White, Jr., a third-year law student and liberal political blogger, got to work on a tip about Rep. Steve Scalise, a Louisiana Republican.

White learned there might be evidence that Scalise, the third highest ranking Republican in the House, had associated in the past with David Duke, a former Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard and Louisiana state representative. White, by his account, simply Googled “Steve Scalise” and “David Duke” and immediately found a couple posts on a white supremacist site that have since consumed the sleepy holiday political news cycle and rocked the Republican House leadership.

More: How Louisiana Blogger Lamar White Jr. Landed The Steve Scalise White Supremacist Scoop

Thank you, Lamar White, Jr. Great job of unmasking another NaziCon.

Scalise for SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE!!!!

We whites had better start waking up or we will find our self just like south Africa or worse, ZIMBABWE. We won't have any rights. Stick together and work as a group...Everyone else does.

What happened in South Africa?

Forum List

Back