GOP House Majority Whip Steve Scalise Spoke At White Supremacist Conference

Your brand lets a true racist a kkk leader be third in line to the presidency.
Not my brand. Robert Byrd from West Virginia is not very relevant in 2015. The newly elected congressman who just got a leadership position in the Republican Congress is.
Translation: My racist is OK, your racist is not.
If the people of his district elected him he is their House Rep and that is the way it should be. I'm saying the Repub leadership is being stupid by giving him a leadership position. There are plenty of Republicans who could do that job and shine. This guy is only going to bring grief. But it makes the Tea people happy. So the Repubs are kissing Tea party ass before the carnival even gets started.
He's going to bring grief because he spoke about tax policy 12 years ago?
You'll have to do better than that.
No, he will cause grief because of the way he and the party handled the situation this week.
They handled it well. He expressed regret for having appeared. What would you like, hari kari on Capitol steps?

No one has presented any evidence that Scalise knew it was a white supremacist conference.

Zip. Zilch.

This incident will prompt all the muckrakers to look for more evidence of a pattern. If he is a closet Nazi, the truth will out. If time proves he isn't, I doubt the left will make as much noise about the mischaracterization as they are right now.

The man who formed the group and put on the conference says differently. I've already posted the link to what david duke has to say.

He did? Your link doesn't say what you claim. Can you come up with something, ANYTHING, else to provide for us that Scalise is a racist besides speaking to constituents at an event about taxes 12 years ago?

It sure does. He's claiming that he didn't know who they were.

Unfortunately david duke says that's not true.

From the article:

“Scalise would communicate a lot with my campaign manager, Kenny Knight,” Duke said in a phone interview. “That is why he was invited and why he would come. Kenny knew Scalise, Scalise knew Kenny. They were friendly.”

Now if you're going to insist that he talked to david duke's campaign manager and didn't know who he was talking to all that time, I've got a bridge to sell you. You'll love it! It's right in the middle of the Mojave Desert! I'll give you low financing too! Don't miss your chance!

OMG Scalise was friendly with Kenny Knight!!! That's it, we better get to the bottom of this! That means he definitely went there to speak with his constituents about tax policy because he knew Kenny Knight and was asked to attend!!!

THAT RACIST!!!

You claimed that he didn't know who he was talking to. You claimed that my link did say what I said it said.

The man knew who he was talking to yet he lies and claims he's too stupid to know and too lazy to find out.

And you're a special kind of stupid for buying it.

No one has presented any evidence that Scalise knew it was a white supremacist conference.

Zip. Zilch.

This incident will prompt all the muckrakers to look for more evidence of a pattern. If he is a closet Nazi, the truth will out. If time proves he isn't, I doubt the left will make as much noise about the mischaracterization as they are right now.

The man who formed the group and put on the conference says differently. I've already posted the link to what david duke has to say.

He did? Your link doesn't say what you claim. Can you come up with something, ANYTHING, else to provide for us that Scalise is a racist besides speaking to constituents at an event about taxes 12 years ago?

From the article:

“Scalise would communicate a lot with my campaign manager, Kenny Knight,” Duke said in a phone interview. “That is why he was invited and why he would come. Kenny knew Scalise, Scalise knew Kenny. They were friendly.”

Now if you're going to insist that he talked to david duke's campaign manager and didn't know who he was talking to all that time, I've got a bridge to sell you. You'll love it! It's right in the middle of the Mojave Desert! I'll give you low financing too! Don't miss your chance!

OMG Scalise was friendly with Kenny Knight!!! That's it, we better get to the bottom of this! That means he definitely went there to speak with his constituents about tax policy because he knew Kenny Knight and was asked to attend!!!

THAT RACIST!!!

You claimed that he didn't know who he was talking to. You claimed that my link did say what I said it said.

The man knew who he was talking to yet he lies and claims he's too stupid to know and too lazy to find out.

So what. did it take skin off your ass? don't give us all this bs when you people didn't care one bit who Obama or Democrats associate with.

Zip. Zilch.

From the article:

THAT RACIST!!!

So, let me gather this all together. We have a politician that went and talked tax policy with constituents. He was invited by Kenny Knight. Duke was not present. No one can identify any culpability in Scalise knowing or not knowing he was at a white supremacy group event in total. He didn't promote or condone the groups white nationalist agenda. He could very well be lying about not knowing what he was attending to talk tax policy, because people get really uptight and smear people based on association. Because people are stupid.

Sort of like when people call Obama a communist for employing and being friendly with Van Jones.

Have I got it all wrapped up there?

Does this incident prove anything other than a new politician shilling for their political career 12 years ago?

What does this prove, exactly, fella?

Right wingers run from their racist roots when those roots are exposed. I made this video about Hannity's close friendship with right wing race baiter Hal Turner a few years ago. The letter Mr. Turner wrote when Hannity denied knowing him is hilarious.

Update:

Steve King (R-Iowa) jumped to Scalise’s defense. “Jesus dined with tax collectors and sinners,” he said according to the Washington Post. “I know his heart, I’ve painted houses with him post-Katrina, and I know he is a good man.”

From the article:

THAT RACIST!!!

So, let me gather this all together. We have a politician that went and talked tax policy with constituents. He was invited by Kenny Knight. Duke was not present. No one can identify any culpability in Scalise knowing or not knowing he was at a white supremacy group event in total. He didn't promote or condone the groups white nationalist agenda. He could very well be lying about not knowing what he was attending to talk tax policy, because people get really uptight and smear people based on association. Because people are stupid.

Sort of like when people call Obama a communist for employing and being friendly with Van Jones.

Does this incident prove anything other than a new politician shilling for their political career 12 years ago?

You said: Sort of like when people call Obama a communist for employing and being friendly with Van Jones.

Republicans were more angry at Van Jones when he called Republicans "assholes". You gotta admit....

Update:

Steve King (R-Iowa) jumped to Scalise’s defense. “Jesus dined with tax collectors and sinners,” he said according to the Washington Post. “I know his heart, I’ve painted houses with him post-Katrina, and I know he is a good man.”

picard-facepalm.jpg

This is not the way you deal with these petty accusations.

Update:

Steve King: For every one who’s a valedictorian, there’s another 100 out there who weigh 130 pounds — and they’ve got calves the size of cantaloupes because they’ve been hauling 75 pounds of marijuana across the desert.

From the article:

THAT RACIST!!!

You said: Sort of like when people call Obama a communist for employing and being friendly with Van Jones.

Republicans were more angry at Van Jones when he called Republicans "assholes". You gotta admit....

The only thing I can admit in this instance is that you're a complete hack and not even entertaining.

From the article:

THAT RACIST!!!

It proves that Democrats are the biggest fucking hypocrites to walk the planet and they are grossly desperate to find anything--ANYTHING--to smear Republicans with.

From the article:

THAT RACIST!!!

The only thing I can admit in this instance is that you're a complete hack and not even entertaining.
At least I'm honest.

From the article:

THAT RACIST!!!

It proves that Democrats are the biggest fucking hypocrites to walk the planet and they are grossly desperate to find anything--ANYTHING--to smear Republicans with.
We don't need to smear Republicans. They do quite nicely on their own.

r-SCALISE-huge.jpg

Twelve years before he was elected by his colleagues as House majority whip, Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.) spoke at a conference hosted by the white supremacist group European-American Unity and Rights Organization.

Louisiana political blogger Lamar White Jr. dug up a number of posts on Stormfront, one of the original white supremacist websites, that place Scalise at the 2002 EURO gathering. According to one user who attended the conference, Scalise -- then a state representative -- spoke to the organization at a workshop "to teach the most effective and up-to-date methods of civil rights and heritage related activism."

Two years after speaking at the conference, Scalise was one of just six state representatives who voted to oppose making Martin Luther King Jr. Day a state holiday in Louisiana. That was at least the second time Scalise had voted against an MLK holiday. He was one of three lawmakers to vote against it in 1999, too.

Founded in 2000 by former Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard David Duke (who served as a Louisiana state representative from 1989 to 1992), EURO seeks to fight for "white civil rights." The group is recognized as a white nationalist hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center.

More: House Majority Whip Steve Scalise Spoke At White Supremacist Conference In 2002

Well, shucks, this won't look good on his resume - except in red states.

Damn. That's terrible.

Course Obama often speaks during black supremacy conventions.

Text of Obama s speech to NAACP Cincinnati.com cincinnati.com

From the article:

THAT RACIST!!!

We don't need to smear Republicans. They do quite nicely on their own.

Right. So this whole 12 years ago meme you guys are hurling at Scalise right now is what? You do realize that most politicians have found themselves at an event such as this the later try to scrub for political reasons, right?

You're a liar, Dean. And you know it.

A longtime adviser to former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke donated money to House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.), Federal Election Commission records show.

The Daily Beast pointed out Wednesday that Kenny Knight gave Scalise $1,000 in 2008.

More: Longtime Adviser To David Duke Donated To Steve Scalise

Oh my. Oh dear.
Which means what exactly?
Oh yeah, nothing.
You're scraping the floor here. Give it up.

The intolerance and shear bigotry of the leftwing brand of politics in the US is unrivaled

Update:

Look how stupid you idiots are. A guy with an avatar depicting the President and First Lady as apes is defending the guy who is catching hell for attending a meeting with racist and attempting to convince the world that neither the guy attending the meeting years ago or his current supporters are racist. And you idiots line up with him and blame everyone but yourselves for the perception of being victims of unfairly being called racist.

Thanks to white Republican teabaggers - the Klan has been revived.

Forum List

Back