GOP intellectual: “The Gravitational Center of The Republican Party is White Nationalism”

BlackAsCoal

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2008
A Republican intellectual explains why the Republican Party is going to die

CLEVELAND — Avik Roy is a Republican’s Republican. A health care wonk and editor at Forbes, he has worked for three Republican presidential hopefuls — Mitt Romney, Rick Perry, and Marco Rubio. Much of his adult life has been dedicated to advancing the Republican Party and conservative ideals.

But when I caught up with Roy at a bar just outside the Republican convention, he said something I’ve never heard from an establishment conservative before: The Grand Old Party is going to die.

“I don’t think the Republican Party and the conservative movement are capable of reforming themselves in an incremental and gradual way,” he said. “There’s going to be a disruption.”

Roy isn’t happy about this: He believes it means the Democrats will dominate national American politics for some time. But he also believes the Republican Party has lost its right to govern, because it is driven by white nationalism rather than a true commitment to equality for all Americans.

more
A Republican intellectual explains why the Republican Party is going to die

Thank you Donald Trump for exposing the core of the Republican Party in a way that no other democrat could have. :0)

It's playing out just as I and many others have said it would.

Next stop .. the Whigs.

Forum List

Back