🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

GOP left Obama no choice but to act on immigration

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Opinion: GOP left Obama no choice on immigration - CNN.com

This week, the country witnessed one of the most irresponsible acts that we have seen from this Republican Congress, since they deliberately shut down the government less than a year ago. Republican House Speaker John Boehner informed President Barack Obama that he would not bring a vote on immigration reform to the floor this year.

Whatever excuse Speaker Boehner has for abdicating his responsibility as a national leader, it is not good enough, and he has now given the President ample excuse to act on his own. Which he is now doing. Maria Cardona Maria Cardona

Since Republicans in Congress refuse to do their job and allow a vote on comprehensive immigration reform this year, Obama, on behalf of the American people, is acting on his own to address this important issue -- for the well-being of our country, our economy and the immigrant community that has contributed so much to our economic growth and prosperity and is suffering greatly from a badly broken system.

Just because the Rs refuse to do their job, it does not follow that the president should as well. If the Rs don't like the president's actions, they have a funny way of showing it.

Really, there's just no excuse for their all out attack on the US govt.

No choice? When is the left wing going to stop whining about only controlling 2/3 of the government? Obama hasn't led on any issue in more than five years. You can set your watch by it, when the going gets rough the president gets the hell out of town.

Is it asking too much to enforce existing immigration laws? :dunno:

[MENTION=20545]Mr. H.[/MENTION]

EXACTLY what immigration laws are not being enforced?

Obama is deporting.
The fence is there - and worthless.
The Border Patrol is there.
More people are going south than coming north.

EXACTLY what laws are not being enforced?

I wonder how many Americans know we actually have more than 2000 miles of border to the south.

obama refused to secure the border and lied about deportations. He deserves what's coming.

Obama is deporting.

I wonder how many Americans know we actually have more than 2000 miles of border to the south.

The OP being an opinion piece, I'll offer this opinion piece:

Rick Perry stands by Obama immigration conspiracy theory

You seem to think current laws are being enforced. I don't.

Obama seems quite willing to tackle a lot of tough issues - even if his solution is to issue Executive Orders. He has the power and the tools at his disposal to stem the tide of both immigrants AND refugees. It's not getting done because the POTUS is a lame and ineffectual leader without the required capabilities it takes to be a leader in any sense of the term.

Obama is deporting.

The OP being an opinion piece, I'll offer this opinion piece:

Rick Perry stands by Obama immigration conspiracy theory

You seem to think current laws are being enforced. I don't.

Obama seems quite willing to tackle a lot of tough issues - even if his solution is to issue Executive Orders. He has the power and the tools at his disposal to stem the tide of both immigrants AND refugees. It's not getting done because the POTUS is a lame and ineffectual leader without the required capabilities it takes to be a leader in any sense of the term.

As usual, lots of accusations but no facts. Just the same old lies.

FACT is just as the subject line says - The GOP left the president no choice but to act.

I personally blame the Tea Party for forcing the GOP to not embrace citizenship for all illegals. After all, if they had as soon as they step across the border they would become citizens and all would be well with the world.

As for Obama, I praise his work to end illegal immigration. After all, he is doing what he can to transform the US into something that illegals have no desire to go to.

Obumbler has no legal right not to enforce the Immigration laws already on the books. Congress has no obligation to pass additional immigration laws to suit the inept idiot in the Oval Office.

So, bullshit on the asshole OP. Muddly is flat out wrong again.

OF COURSE Congress left Obumbler a "choice" on immigration.

Stop pretending you are the legislative Branch Mr. President. You aren't.

Oh, and with no respect intended, go fuck yourself.

I hope Obama goes whacko zany crazy with EO's and Boehner makes good on his promise to sue. Obama's been on a mega legal losing streak.

:lol:

What the fuck is this nonsense about a lawsuit?

It's like whining to mommy when you can't handle your sibling rivalry.

Who knows what this SCOTUS will do? But, normally we should be able to expect that the Court will invoke the "political questions" doctrine and not touch Boehner's "suit."

And what legal "relief" is Boehner "seeking" anyway? A declaratory judgment?

Jeez. If Boehner wanted to look more ball-less, he'd be hard pressed to come up with a better means.

Last edited:
Why would the GOP support immigration reform? Even if we were to hypothetically offer amnesty to all illegals currently in the country, what's to prevent others from entering in the future? On the contrary, they would be more inclined to enter since they'd assume that they would one day be granted amnesty. The cycle would most certainly repeat itself. Immigration reform is nothing more than a temporary patch, and not the right solution to the problem.

What the fuck is this nonsense about a lawsuit?

It's like whining to mommy when you can't handle your sibling rivalry.

Who knows what this SCOTUS will do? But, normally we should be able to expect that the Court will invoke the "political questions" doctrine and not touch Boehner's "suit."

And what legal "relief" is Boehner "seeking" anyway? A declaratory judgment?

Jeez. If Boehner wanted to look more ball-less, he'd be hard pressed to come up with a better means.

Oh he's dead on serious. Just reading about his options and he feels he's in the right to sue on behalf of the Legislative Branch.

Pretty interesting. I've never witnessed an action like this.

No choice? When is the left wing going to stop whining about only controlling 2/3 of the government? Obama hasn't led on any issue in more than five years. You can set your watch by it, when the going gets rough the president gets the hell out of town.

Democrats have the White House.....That's it.

man oh man

rooting for a President to act LIKE dictator

never thought I'd see the day

Republicans always find the time for another "Kill Obamacare" vote

Not when the POTUS is making up his own laws and asking Congress for the funds to support them:

President Barack Obama wrote congressional leaders today request “new tools and resources we need to implement a unified, comprehensive Federal Government response” to the massive surge of minor and adult illegal aliens crossing the southern border.

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/obama-asks-congress-tools-funding-address-border-surge

Not when the POTUS is making up his own laws and asking Congress for the funds to support them:

President Barack Obama wrote congressional leaders today request “new tools and resources we need to implement a unified, comprehensive Federal Government response” to the massive surge of minor and adult illegal aliens crossing the southern border.

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/obama-asks-congress-tools-funding-address-border-surge

How about funding the fence ? If they can't get here they are not our problem

Forum List

Back