GOP Mayor raises "Dont Tread On Me" flag over City Hall, above state's flag!!

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Gadsden flag display in another Charleston location questioned - Charleston Charleston Democrat | Examiner.com
Gadsden flag raside to protest state rail plan | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Mayor Keith Summey, (R), North Charleston, has raised the "Dont Tread On Me" flag in front of City Hall/Police HQ. Why? Hes mad that the state is putting a railroad through town at the old Navy base to the Charleston port. Oh, btw, economists last year said the Charleston port is the biggest driver of the states non-tourist economy. So, you'd think a Republican would welcome this big business, job creating railroad.

But, he's not. Hes bitching like most right wingers do. And he's raising his rattlesnake flag.

And I ask....He says "Dont Tread On Me". Ok. OR WHAT? Same goes for all the other rattlesnake rebels.

0d2e44fdb074fcc21405ac2dd0eb943d.jpg

Oh, forgot to add, in the ultimate sign of maturity, he raised the flag ABOVE the state flag.

Stay classy Republicans!

If you don't live there this chaps your ass how?

Last edited:
The American flag is used by the Tea Parites also, should we ban it? I think you lefties need to get over yourself. The mayor explained his intent, it that's not good enough for you, tough. BTW this story is from 2011.

Last edited:
- Yes, the story is from 2011. The flag is still flying though.

- I DO live here, in North Charleston, SC (near Northwoods Mall to be exact).

- It matters, because I dont think a government should fly a flag of rebellion against the government in front of it's own government building, especially to protest the government trying to bring more jobs to the area. If you want to protest the government, and you are a government official, protest it on your off time.

- It matters, because I dont think a government should fly a flag of rebellion against the government in front of it's own government building, especially to protest the government trying to bring more jobs to the area. If you want to protest the government, and you are a government official, protest it on your off time.

Perhaps then you should move to a more "I shit my pants over everything" friendly state like Vermont.

well too bad what you think, if the people who live aren't bitching and it took you all this time to realize this was happening..sure you care

Last edited:
Was the OP outraged when the Mexican flag was being raised in California?

I think not.

Selective outrage is selective.

(I have the Gadsden Flag flying out front of my house as well)

He is representing his constituency, I guess you think is A Okey Dokey for the state to impose it's development plans over that of the locals. It would appear that a compromise might be in order, but what the hell, that's not a sexy a demonizing a mayor for trying to make a point.

Bucs, the flag dates to 1775, it PREDATES the Stars and Stripes.

"Flag of Rebellion"? I guess, if you count rebelling from Britain...

I think not.

I don't recall his complaint a few weeks ago when the Teamsters Union raised their flag in Washington DC above our country's flag. What a surprise. ~shrug~

I think not.

He needs something to we his panties over. We could be talk8ng about jobs or UE or spending or any other number of real issues. Instead we cry about flags

Yes, I did get upset about the Mexican flag, and the union flag.

However, there is a small difference in this one. The above are protected Freedom of Speech by citizens acting in a private role (as far as I can assume, unless you provide a link).

THIS was a GOP Mayor, on duty, raising a flag of rebellion against government....in front of the City Hall & Police Department, of the government HE is mayor of, and above the state flag of the state his city rests in.

In my opinion, that is WRONG. It would be like if the State of South Carolina (dark red state) were to raise the Confederate Battle Flag (rebel flag) over the Statehouse or something!!! OH SHIT....wait...that rebel flag DID fly over the SC Statehouse until 2001. It now flies on Statehouse grounds to this day.

Stay classy Republicans.

I think not.

Libtards conveniently forgot about that incident because they don't want to offend their Third World voting bloc.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIB_XGRm6UQ]Lou Dobbs - Mexican flag raised in Maywood, California - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back