GOP Mayor raises "Dont Tread On Me" flag over City Hall, above state's flag!!

Was the OP outraged when the Mexican flag was being raised in California?

I think not.

Selective outrage is selective.

(I have the Gadsden Flag flying out front of my house as well)

I don't recall his complaint a few weeks ago when the Teamsters Union raised their flag in Washington DC above our country's flag. What a surprise. ~shrug~

That was quite disgusting.

However, would it be worse if, say Rahm Emanuel raised that union flag OVER the State of Illinois flag in front of the City of Chicago's City Hall and Police Department? YES, it would be far worse.

I cant get the youtube link to work. But if the mayor put the Mexican flag on an official flag pole of that govt, then yeah, I have an issue with that. However, it is fairly common for governments and businesses to honor the flags of friendly countries, such as Chamber of Commerce buildings which I see all the time flying flags of Germany, England, Canada, etc, BELOW the American and state flags.

But for a government to fly a flag that symbolizes the rebellion against government....Im not comfortable with that. Kinda dangerous territory.

I cant get the youtube link to work.

Go to Youtube, type in "mexican flag maywood" in teh search box and you'll probably find hundreds of videos.

However, it is fairly common for governments and businesses to honor the flags of friendly countries, such as Chamber of Commerce buildings which I see all the time flying flags of Germany, England, Canada, etc, BELOW the American and state flags.

In this instance, the American flag was replaced with a Mexican one...in an American city.

Gadsden flag display in another Charleston location questioned - Charleston Charleston Democrat | Examiner.com
Gadsden flag raside to protest state rail plan | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Mayor Keith Summey, (R), North Charleston, has raised the "Dont Tread On Me" flag in front of City Hall/Police HQ. Why? Hes mad that the state is putting a railroad through town at the old Navy base to the Charleston port. Oh, btw, economists last year said the Charleston port is the biggest driver of the states non-tourist economy. So, you'd think a Republican would welcome this big business, job creating railroad.

But, he's not. Hes bitching like most right wingers do. And he's raising his rattlesnake flag.

And I ask....He says "Dont Tread On Me". Ok. OR WHAT? Same goes for all the other rattlesnake rebels.

0d2e44fdb074fcc21405ac2dd0eb943d.jpg
South Carolina state motto...."Still crazy after all these years"

I cant get the youtube link to work.

Go to Youtube, type in "mexican flag maywood" in teh search box and you'll probably find hundreds of videos.

However, it is fairly common for governments and businesses to honor the flags of friendly countries, such as Chamber of Commerce buildings which I see all the time flying flags of Germany, England, Canada, etc, BELOW the American and state flags.

In this instance, the American flag was replaced with a Mexican one...in an American city.

OH SHIT!! Yep, thats f**ked up! One of the many reasons why Im also not a Democrat!

In other outrageous news Disney has the rights to the Star Wars franchise. I suspect that this will have a bigger impact on peoples lives than your manufactured outrage

In other outrageous news Disney has the rights to the Star Wars franchise. I suspect that this will have a bigger impact on peoples lives than your manufactured outrage

I usually ignore your old irrelevant routine.

But...I gotta ask: So, you are 100% ok with the head of a government, raising a flag that symbolizes the (possibly violent) rebellion against a government, in front of the very government headquarters that he represents?

As if the society isn't crazy enough, to have a mayor flying a flag in front of City Hall that sends a subtle message to the nutjobs that armed rebellion is acceptable when you dont get your way......well, there are just too many armed nutjobs out there for this kind of shit. He can raise that flag in front of his house if he wants. But when he is ON DUTY, and in front of the City Hall, he should not.

Forum List

Back