GOP Senator wants restaurants to opt out of hand washing to reduce regulations

oh whatever. people are getting sick from the damn food they are bringing in from other countries. so what the hell does washing hands do to stop anything. good grief everything is major in your lives. this is stupid to go and attack the whole gop party over. sit down

For those who didn't read the article but only the silly OP remarks, here's what the senator actually said, ā€œI said, I donā€™t have any problem with Starbucks if they choose to opt out of this policy as long as the post a sign that says ā€˜We donā€™t require our employees to wash their hands after leaving the restrooms.ā€™ The market will take care of that.ā€

oh whatever. people are getting sick from the damn food they are bringing in from other countries. so what the hell washing hands going to do to stop anything. good grief everything is major in you people lives

Poor Steph, did you have to eat some food made by a non-white person again. DRAT!

For those who didn't read the article but only the silly OP remarks, here's what the senator actually said, ā€œI said, I donā€™t have any problem with Starbucks if they choose to opt out of this policy as long as the post a sign that says ā€˜We donā€™t require our employees to wash their hands after leaving the restrooms.ā€™ The market will take care of that.ā€

yes, and then promptly go out of business. AND HE IS A SENATOR? Oh wait....he is a REPUBLICAN SENATOR.

oh whatever. people are getting sick from the damn food they are bringing in from other countries. so what the hell washing hands going to do to stop anything. good grief everything is major in you people lives

that's right, psycho steffie.... people shouldn't wash their hands because loons don't like rules.

okie dokie. :cuckoo:

And it's sheer brilliance. Requiring employees to wash hands is simply onerous

It's good I don't like Starbucks!! Damn, that's some terrible stuff.

A Consumer reports publication also tested various hand soaps and concluded the antiseptic soaps are only about 1-2% better than regular hand soaps - but put their preference as liquid rather than bar soaps.

yes, and then promptly go out of business. AND HE IS A SENATOR? Oh wait....he is a REPUBLICAN SENATOR.
That's right. People won't want to eat at restaurants where the employees don't wash their hands after they use the bathroom. Then the restaurant will go out of business. Anybody who says that is talking sense. Yes, even if he is a REPUBLICAN SENATOR.

Don't sweat it, Jim. If you want your food handled with poopy hands you are free to continue doing so at home.

Last edited:
And did you detect the supreme irony of his statement?

The dumb shit would do away with the regulation requiring food handlers to wash their hands after wiping their asses.

The dumb shit would then create a regulation requiring the establishment post a sign the food handlers don't wash their hands after wiping their asses.

oh whatever. people are getting sick from the damn food they are bringing in from other countries. so what the hell does washing hands do to stop anything. good grief everything is major in your lives. this is stupid to go and attack the whole gop party over. sit down
:bang3::bang3::bang3:

Sometimes pointing out irony is pointless.

Every person that ever had dinner at Senator Tillis' house is now getting their mouth tested for ebola, salmonella, ecoli, and fecal matter.

WTF is wrong with these people. Seriously, WTF is wrong with Republicans? There is something physically wrong with their brains.
Ayup.

We help the poor and provide them food and shelter, and then the dipshits come along and say, "I don't see any poor people! We need to end these poverty programs."

We drastically reduce food poisoning, and the same dipshits say, "What the hell does washing hands do to stop anything? We should get rid of handwashing rules."

It's enough to make you as crazy as they are.

Irony is too polite. Stupidity.

If a regulation's imposition is minimal and its effect is undeniably a positive good on a market, there's no logical objection to the regulation. And washing hands fits the bill better than anything I can thing of. I'm sure the idiot senator would think catalytic converters should be optional as well.

However, if the effect of a regulation is to prevent some from entering a market, either to buy or sell, and some overwhelming good cannot be shown, there's no rational defense of the regulation.

The post-Reagan deregulators choose not to notice that even Hayek approved of regulation to prevent pollution that would destroy forests. No liberty is absolute.

Forum List

Back