GOP Senator wants restaurants to opt out of hand washing to reduce regulations

“Don’t you believe that this regulation that requires this gentlemen to wash his hands before he serves your food is important?” Tillis was asked by the person at his table.

For those who didn't read the article but only the silly OP remarks, here's what the senator actually said, “I said, I don’t have any problem with Starbucks if they choose to opt out of this policy as long as the post a sign that says ‘We don’t require our employees to wash their hands after leaving the restrooms.’ The market will take care of that.”
And did you detect the supreme irony of his statement?
Irony is too polite. Stupidity.

If a regulation's imposition is minimal and its effect is undeniably a positive good on a market, there's no logical objection to the regulation. And washing hands fits the bill better than anything I can thing of. I'm sure the idiot senator would think catalytic converters should be optional as well.

However, if the effect of a regulation is to prevent some from entering a market, either to buy or sell, and some overwhelming good cannot be shown, there's no rational defense of the regulation.

The post-Reagan deregulators choose not to notice that even Hayek approved of regulation to prevent pollution that would destroy forests. No liberty is absolute.
If what you say is true than isn't it the Starbuck worker who asked the question the one at whom you should be aiming your derision? Oh. Wait. I'm sorry. You were on a mindless republicans are bad rant.
First, it wasn't a Starbucks worker that asked the question. It was a person at the table with the Senator.

Second, the questioner was not advocating doing away with the hand washing regulation. He was asking if the Senator would. And the Senator said he would, but that he would then require Starbucks to post a sign.
Alrighty. My mistake. It was someone other than an employee that asked the senator the question. Thank you for the nit pickage.

For those who didn't read the article but only the silly OP remarks, here's what the senator actually said, “I said, I don’t have any problem with Starbucks if they choose to opt out of this policy as long as the post a sign that says ‘We don’t require our employees to wash their hands after leaving the restrooms.’ The market will take care of that.”

yes, and then promptly go out of business. AND HE IS A SENATOR? Oh wait....he is a REPUBLICAN SENATOR.
That's right. People won't want to eat at restaurants where the employees don't wash their hands after they use the bathroom. Then the restaurant will go out of business. Anybody who says that is talking sense. Yes, even if he is a REPUBLICAN SENATOR.

Don't sweat it, Jim. If you want your food handled with poopy hands you are free to continue doing so at home.

the guy is a moron.

and anyone who says otherwise is equally stupid.
You didn't read the article. That doesn't make you a moron necessarily, but it does make you sound like one.
It's becoming obvious you didn't read it. You thought the question was asked by a Starbucks worker and that they wanted to do away with the regulation.

Moron.

oh whatever. people are getting sick from the damn food they are bringing in from other countries. so what the hell does washing hands do to stop anything. good grief everything is major in your lives. this is stupid to go and attack the whole gop party over. sit down

People who prepare food for the public should wear gloves, no bare hands, they wear gloves whilst handling the food.

We have always been obsessed with personal hygiene, Austria, Germany. I would not eat anywhere where they are not required to wear gloves.

The only person in the article who articulated a desire to do away with the hand washing regulation was the dipshit Senator.

oh whatever. people are getting sick from the damn food they are bringing in from other countries. so what the hell does washing hands do to stop anything. good grief everything is major in your lives. this is stupid to go and attack the whole gop party over. sit down

:lol:

This is a terrifying thought considering you used to work in a school cafeteria. I wonder how many children you've gotten ill b/c the science of hand washing is still unsettled in your mind? lol

There are plenty of regulations which need to go. But of all the ones out there, this idiot dipshit picked the wrong one, and made his party look retarded at the same time.

yes, and then promptly go out of business. AND HE IS A SENATOR? Oh wait....he is a REPUBLICAN SENATOR.
That's right. People won't want to eat at restaurants where the employees don't wash their hands after they use the bathroom. Then the restaurant will go out of business. Anybody who says that is talking sense. Yes, even if he is a REPUBLICAN SENATOR.

Don't sweat it, Jim. If you want your food handled with poopy hands you are free to continue doing so at home.

the guy is a moron.

You didn't read the article. That doesn't make you a moron necessarily, but it does make you sound like one.
It's becoming obvious you didn't read it. You thought the question was asked by a Starbucks worker and that they wanted to do away with the regulation.

Moron.
Ho hum. The remarks of the senator are at issue here, not who asked him the question. Still, if it makes you feel good to call me a moron because I failed to remember who asked the senator the question, knock yourself out.

There are plenty of regulations which need to go. But of all the ones out there, this idiot dipshit picked the wrong one, and made his party look retarded at the same time.

I wouldn't say his whole party but it certainly made him look like an idiot.

That was not exactly a tough thing to do with Chump as their leader.

the guy is a moron.

Moron.
Ho hum. The remarks of the senator are at issue here, not who asked him the question. Still, if it makes you feel good to call me a moron because I failed to remember who asked the senator the question, knock yourself out.
You did more than that. You said it was the questioner who suggested doing away with the regulation.

LOL..Or maybe the "illustrious" senator is planning on opening up a coffee franchise to compete with Starbucks?

We have now passed into the Twilight Zone!
And you opened that door, troll.

No, the lunatic senator did. I cannot believe his stupidity.

the guy is a moron.

Moron.
You did more than that. You said it was the questioner who suggested doing away with the regulation.
The only place I said something resembling that is when I quoted the article! You need to let it go already.

Forum List

Back