GOP using deception in fake political ads

us.gov is not whitehouse.com...

As to your accusation that web site addresses are not fraudulent in nature.

Some are. For example, some troll for passwords so they can steal your $. They do it by using similar web pages switching up one letter for example.

In this case we are talking about a web page that is clearly trolling for donations from supporters of the opposing candidate. The content is related and only appears to be "unrelated" if you see the "not" hidden in the smaller print. IMO they will go down.. and worse people like this will bring down the FCC onto the web.

Ah, but what do every one of those fraudulent phishing attempts do?
They put up web sites that mimic the one you would have put your password in. They don’t clearly state at the top that they are competitors or some other entity. They try and actually make you think they are something that they are not.

This web site OTOH, does NOT do that. It uses a lure to get you to click on it. This lure is no different than a flashing banner except that it is targeting people in support of the named candidate as they are the ones that need to be convinced to switch sides. Then they are presented with a site that has a CLEAR objective to eliminating the candidate.

I would agree with you if the bold statement was correct but it is not. There is no ‘smaller print.’ The ENTIRE site from close to opening is against the candidate. It clearly states its intentions in the title, not some obscure disclaimer at the bottom.

US.gov might not be whitehouse.com but under those same standards that you are using the site is clearly fraudulent. It is simply one example of why such a premise is misguided.

Where is the clear objective to eliminating the candidate? Are you blind?

The web page is contribute.sinkforcongress2014.com. The web page is predominantly a nice photo of Sink and a banner that says Alex Sink/Congress. Then it says make a contribution. Yeah then the not part... then the click here and scroll down to put in your details and loose track of the not part.

So I have no idea WTH you are talking about.

No, I see quite well but apparently you are stark blind. I highlighted the points in a nice picture for you in a picture of the website.

Now, perhaps you could bother to point out a single part of the website that actually shows it SUPPORTS Sink.

The anti-Sink message is splashed all over the site. IN BIG BOLD FONT IT DIRECTLY STATES ‘HELP US STOP SINK.’ It makes clear statements that the site is trying to STOP Sink both above AND below the donate button….

How much more clearly do you want it to be?

Click the image.

Attachments

• $Sink Website.jpg
    $Sink Website.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

Forum List

Back