🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Gore Refuses to take The Pledge

and my point was: average temperatures in michigan are colder than average temperatures in massachusetts

That would be a combination of lake effect winds off the Great Lakes in Michigan, and the Gulf Stream, which flows south to north bringing warm water north, IIRC.

Gunny: I am a firm believer in your intelligence and wisdom.

I really wanted to get RSR to merely acknowledge long accepted facts about our planet's climate as sort of a starting point for discussion about what the impacts might be of changing the inputs.

But I know that the above statement reflects my folly to a degree: RSR never acknowledges anything, and "he" never discusses anything.

ah well.

More on the sxcam of carbon offsets and how they are nothing but make libs feel better

Uncle Al is making tons of money buying his offsets from his own company

As PT Barnum said "There is a sucker born every minute" and they usually vote Democrat

The pardoner's tale
TODAY'S EDITORIAL
April 28, 2007

"Carbon offsets" are the environmental movement's big craze at present. That they are being exploited by adept self-promoters at the expense of the well-meaning and the dunderheaded should surprise no observer of human nature or market economics. One hopes Al Gore and friends recognize the credibility issue here as they tout carbon offsets but do little or nothing to verify their worth. No wonder people are calling offsets modern-day indulgences, or snake oil.
The latest news comes by way of the London-based Financial Times, whose investigation found "widespread failings in the new markets for greenhouse gases," including the $4 billion in "voluntary" offsets now commonly touted. The findings include: "instances of people and organizations buying worthless credits that do not yield any reductions in carbon emissions"; "ndustrial companies profiting from doing very little"; "rokers providing services of questionable or no value"; and "[a] shortage of verification, making it difficult for buyers to assess the credits' true value." It seems that far too few have determined with any certainty whether carbon offsets actually work before the craze got underway.
This was predictable for several reasons, beginning with the novelty of it all. The fact that many people purchase offsets not for their viability but to feel as though they're saving the planet creates the kind of economic environment in which waste and fraud can thrive. At least some of the alternative-energy projects financed by offsets were destined to be revealed as scams. Some of them turned to the emerging fad because they couldn't find more conventionally rational financial backers.

http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20070427-090102-5939r.htm

why won't you ever answer any of my questions?

why won't you ever discuss green electricity and how that makes the size of GOre's electric bill a moot point?

and your way of PROVING that carbon offsets are universally a scam is to post an editorial saying that??????:rofl:

Gore’s extravagant energy use does not stop at his electric bill. Natural gas bills for Gore’s mansion and guest house averaged $1,080 per month last year.

Is natural gas now green?

Or his private jet use now green?

no...they are not....electricity is...and you have continually brought up his electric bill. Will that stop now? and will we ever get on to a basic discussion about climate?

Willyou ever answer my basic questions concerning ocean currents?

no...they are not....electricity is...and you have continually brought up his electric bill. Will that stop now? and will we ever get on to a basic discussion about climate?

Willyou ever answer my basic questions concerning ocean currents?

and his gas bill

and his private jet use

and his carbon offset ripoffs

I guess we won't be having a discussion. Carbon offsets are not all scams. The Maine Public Utilities COmmission uses them extensively. Would you like to read more about a state where they are working? I would gladly point you to some great sites

now will we ever get to climate and ocean currents?

I guess we won't be having a discussion. Carbon offsets are not all scams. The Maine Public Utilities COmmission uses them extensively. Would you like to read more about a state where they are working? I would gladly point you to some great sites

now will we ever get to climate and ocean currents?

With you not wanting to admit the truth - a discussion would be difficult

With you not wanting to admit the truth - a discussion would be difficult

RSR ... ocean currents and their affect on the climate are scientific fact and have been as far back as I can remember. Even if you don't want to buy that, go stand on the Atlantic seaboard at night. The ocean breeze is warm and the water is warm.

If you stand on the coast in SoCal, at noon in July the water is STILL cold because it flows in the Arctic Stream -- north to south. If you go out in the evening in SoCal on the coast even in July, you need a jacket.

That only requires a bit of observation.

RSR ... ocean currents and their affect on the climate are scientific fact and have been as far back as I can remember. Even if you don't want to buy that, go stand on the Atlantic seaboard at night. The ocean breeze is warm and the water is warm.

If you stand on the coast in SoCal, at noon in July the water is STILL cold because it flows in the Arctic Stream -- north to south. If you go out in the evening in SoCal on the coast even in July, you need a jacket.

That only requires a bit of observation.

I was referring to Al's energy use - not the ocean currents

BTW, I need a jacket this morning is Central PA - and we are nearly in May

Figures from Gore’s power bill, reported by the AP, show Gore paying about 7.5 cents a kilowatt-hour - the same as if he was getting it from a coal-fired plant. Something doesn’t add up

green power producers have lowered their rates in an effort to be more competitive. I do not pay anywhere NEAR 7.5 cents per KWH for MY green power.

Forum List

Back